Stuck in H-Boot/MyTouch 4g Splash Screen

Search This thread

Kelevro

Feb 8, 2012
I tried downgrading to Froyo to root, and I did the adb processes, yada-yada. Followed the guide to a tee, and then during updating, it got stuck midstream. I HAD to pull the battery, as it was taking way too long to finish. I turned it back on, and stuck at the splash screen. I'm able to get into H-Boot, however, so there may be some hope. I tried redownloading the PD15IMG file and retried. Same nonsense. On the sides, where it shows the progress, it says "Fail."

eqjunkie829

Apr 17, 2011
West Jordan, UT
I don't understand why people have such a hard time downgrading and rooting... I did it the first time last week on a friend's phone with no issues whatsoever. If the directions are followed exactly, it will work.

Sent from my Glacier using xda premium

Reactions: saranhai

Okaham

Nov 3, 2011
I tried downgrading to Froyo to root, and I did the adb processes, yada-yada. Followed the guide to a tee, and then during updating, it got stuck midstream. I HAD to pull the battery, as it was taking way too long to finish. I turned it back on, and stuck at the splash screen. I'm able to get into H-Boot, however, so there may be some hope. I tried redownloading the PD15IMG file and retried. Same nonsense. On the sides, where it shows the progress, it says "Fail."

Cool story bro. Changed my life.

Guess that's why you decided to post it in the development section huh?

Reactions: Root-Maniac

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
Now, when it's in proper section and hopefully you've learned your lesson, you can learn another one:
Go read the stickies. You'll soon find out that your phone is dead. "Fail-PU" = Failed Partition Update. Google it.
Good luck with your phone.

Reactions: saranhai

vanlar

Oct 22, 2010
Freezes in HBoot screen when when antenna screws tightened.

My problem is similar. I attempted to change out a cracked digitizer on the Glacier and encountered this problem. The phone works fine until I attempt to tighten the screws on the main antenna. When I do so, the phone boots into a frozen HBoot screen. Nothing happens when I press the up, down, or start buttons. Also, I am unable to use any of the buttons.
When I loosen the screws, it boots in normal fashion and the buttons and all work normally.
Does anyone know the answer to this problem?

LaGuru

May 21, 2012
My problem is similar. I attempted to change out a cracked digitizer on the Glacier and encountered this problem. The phone works fine until I attempt to tighten the screws on the main antenna. When I do so, the phone boots into a frozen HBoot screen. Nothing happens when I press the up, down, or start buttons. Also, I am unable to use any of the buttons.
When I loosen the screws, it boots in normal fashion and the buttons and all work normally.
Does anyone know the answer to this problem?

Did you ever get a response to this?? same thing happened to me. I know what to do to start it (have to connect to comp and restart it..blah blah blah) but Im wondering is there a permanent solution to this problem??

Thnxx in advance.

Jack_R1

Aug 9, 2009
You're overtightening the screws and shorting one of the buttons, most likely the "VolDown" one or the trackpad. This way you force the phone to boot into HBOOT always, and the keys, of course, won't be responsive if one of them is constantly pressed.

Solution: don't do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Fail* is the similar response that you will receive for posting this in the dev section
    Thread moved to Q&A.....
    I don't understand why people have such a hard time downgrading and rooting... I did it the first time last week on a friend's phone with no issues whatsoever. If the directions are followed exactly, it will work.

Sent from my Glacier using xda premium
    This does not belong here

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Cool story bro. Changed my life.

Guess that's why you decided to post it in the development section huh?