RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!

Search This thread

zimzum57

Apr 6, 2011
Still waiting on this end. It is a Fido phone (unlocked) on Rogers network.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

Sumanji

Apr 1, 2012
Durham, NC
Yeah if anyone can pull the link, that would be ace.

I swear I'm always the last person in the world to get OTAs...

:silly:

prankoy

Jul 18, 2009
i just checked to see if an update is available on my phone as well using the motorola software on my pc. it says no update available :( looking forward to the update as well. I have the fido version running on t-mobile's "modernized network" aka PCS HSPA+.

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
The update hasn't been fully released yet. I believe either they are rolling it out in stages, or they did something like a Verizon "SOAK" test, which targeted a few handsets but not all of them, to verify no issues.

Once the update is fully released, it doesn't matter what carrier you are on since Motorola phones check into it's own servers (not the Rogers servers).

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
http://d-h.st/JNV

You need to be on Rogers stock firmware to apply it. If you're not, grab the fastboot files from sbf.Droidevelopers.org.

If you're on jelly bean already (from another variety like telstra), you might have to wait until the firmware team locates the fastboot files for jelly bean.

Can someone confirm if you can fastboot ICS over JB? if so, what's the process?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: biKF and SickBeast

SickBeast

May 15, 2011

You need to be on Rogers stock firmware to apply it. If you're not, grab the fastboot files from sbf.Droidevelopers.org.

If you're on jelly bean already (from another variety like telstra), you might have to wait until the firmware team locates the fastboot files for jelly bean.

I am on stock Rogers firmware and it's still not working. I've tried a bunch of different things including using CWM to flash it but it still doesn't work. I get errors.

You can downgrade to the stock ICS rom from Jelly Bean in fastboot by deleting a couple of lines from the .xml file in the .zip file. I forget what they are off the top of my head, but I think they were right at the beginning near the "getvar" line.

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal

Awesome thanks man! Will be trying soon... Will report back soon :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    User Generated Rogers RAZR HD Fastboot XML file

To those with unlocked bootloaders who want to try to get back onto Rogers Stock - Jelly Bean edition.

Again, you need to be unlocked in order for this to work (your warranty is already void)

chgrbt from XDA has provided me with a user generated fastboot file. After a couple of people tried it on here, they weren't successful so I added some extra steps to the flash process.

This is about a 500 download, compressed with 7zip.

http://d-h.st/9xj

Once downloaded, extract the files to a folder, be sure your phone can communicate with the computer in fastboot mode. Then run install.bat or linuxflash.sh in Linux (for Linux you need to chmod 775 on the file).

You CANNOT flash this with RSDLite, you must use the install.bat in the folder in windows, or Linuxflash.sh in Linux.

If you have any failures, try run flash-partition.bat under the Partition folder. This is the original file that was included with the Rogers fastboot provided by the firmware team, and was not patched or updated in the Jelly bean update. Once you've flashed the "partition" partition, try re-running install.bat.

You should be on Rogers JB Stock (with rooted) after this process, but I can't guarantee. Let me know if there are any problems, I hope this works!

If this post helped you please thank me and the one above this one by chgrbt!
    Personally, I'm not blown away with JB compared to ICS. Been on JB for a couple weeks now. The phone was very fluid with ICS, so I'm not seeing a benefit from JB's "butter", also I'm not using any of the software upgrades like Google Now. I'm actually a bit disappointed that I can't easily regain the home screen space when I disable the Google search bar like I did in ICS.

Time will tell but based on what I've seen so far, ICS was fine for me.

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium
    How I Got Back Root...

I lost root too with just voodoo :(

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Can you provide a quick step by step? Will this work if I already updated to JB with voodoo backup?

Okay, it will be rather simple since I only did a couple of steps:

1. Before I updated to 4.1.2, I downloaded and installed Voodoo Root Keeper. I ran the app which gave me the status of having "SU protected".

2. I received the update message for OTA update. I accepted the various terms and let the update complete. I don't know if it makes a difference, but like the first time I setup the phone, I did not allow the phone to be "configured for the SIM". (I'm on Koodo, so no need from Roger/Fido bloat).

3. I ran Voodoo again after the update, and tried to "Restore Root". The status came back as my phone was not rooted. I verified in Android Terminal and Root Explorer that I did NOT have root access anymore.

4. A quick search with Root Explorer and I found the back (su-backup) at /system/user/we-need-root/su-backup.

5. I Googled a bunch of things and found that Matt's Root Restore script could work. I downloaded it from:

http://www.batakang.com/ftp/DROID_RAZR/RestoreRoot.zip

6. I ran the script from my PC with the phone connected. It looks for the su-backup file in a number of places in the phone and then places it back in the /system/xbin directory which seems to get wiped during the upgrade. Watch the script for a small number required inputs. If the script works, you will need to provide an input on your phone to grant SU access, just like when you were rooted before.

7. This script installs SuperSU on your phone, so currently I have both SuperUser and SuperSU. I have asked the script writer if I can uninstall the old SuperUser app without issue. I will post back with his answer.

Does this help?

Did it work for anyone else?
    Some edits that should be brought to the files before starting ANYTHING!
    Go to the Windows folder, drag out the directory to the same level folder as the fastboot.bat script
    After you'Ve done this, RENAME! the fastboot.bat script Or you will get stuck in a loop since the script refers to fastboot.exe as fastboot, but since there is both fastboot.exe and fastboot.bat it's refering to itself. So just rename it to install.bat and double click and run :)

@Danifunker : Works! But you have to make the changes I mentionned or else nothing's gonna happen it's gonna keep refering to itself and looping at first line. Make those changes and re-up and it's gonna work perfect! (I replaced recovery.img by cwm so I can't do it for you)

I just re-wrote the script so it calls Windows\fastboot, the new URL 7 shouldn't require you to make the changes as mentioned above.

Can you post 2 screenshots of your about screens (one top part, one bottom part)?

Thanks!