[APP][2.1+] Floating Music Controls

Search This thread
Feb 26, 2013
Floating Music Controls

This is an app created to control your music over any app, so you can play fullscreen games and switch between songs... Yes! You can play Angry Birds and also skip that song you hate, or stop the music to hear the game sound effects :cool: .
Still in beta, so don't expect a perfect app.

Screenshots:
shot_000120.pngshot_000115.pngshot_000122.pngshot_000123.pngshot_000124.png

Configuration:
  • Opacity: Sets the main window opacity.
  • Position: Sets the main window position between the four corners. Sometimes, when orientation changes, the position is reset to the top-left corner.
  • Service mode:
    • Silent: You won't be notified about the service execution, but the service could be killed when free memory is requested by system.
    • Persistent (notification): A notification will be shown, but your app will be hard to die.
  • Show/Hide:
    • Timeout: It will try to detect when music is being played, checking if the sound is kept more than 5 seconds.
    • Shaking device: Shake your device to show/hide the controls.

Features:
  • Pause, next and previous buttons.
  • Those can be hidden only by tapping the main icon.
  • Can be shown or hidden shaking the device.
  • Configurable opacity.
  • It can be easilly closed once we finished using it.
  • It works with almost any music player.

Requeriments:
  • The music player we where going to use must allow and be configured to use the "Headset Control". If app doesn't works, please, check your player configuration.

First run:
When you start the app the first time, you will not see any music control or notification. This is because default settings are Silent service and Timeout window display, so you will have to start playing music with any music player and the window will be shown.

Link:

Last edited:

rickmatic

Aug 7, 2009
Bell, CA
I really like this. I have a gingerbread Rom and its a little laggy. Not much, but compared to the other floating apps or pop up apps its a little laggy. I would also love the ability to move the controls any where.
-How about different controls. Holo theme, walkman theme...etc.
-Ability to prepare settings when tapping the app.
-Pinch resizing.....
Just some thoughts. Really good job on this.

Feb 26, 2013
I really like this. I have a gingerbread Rom and its a little laggy. Not much, but compared to the other floating apps or pop up apps its a little laggy. I would also love the ability to move the controls any where.
-Pinch resizing.....

¿It's laggy? ¿When, or doing what? I tested it on a few older devices and worked fine.

-How about different controls. Holo theme, walkman theme...etc
Using themes may become a future feature, i will consider it ^^.
Ability to prepare settings when tapping the app.
Yeah, i'm working on it, new feature is coming ^^
Wow, this may be hard to implement, but i'll try to add some customization settings (maybe when i add themes to the app).

Thanks for your comment!! :laugh:

Reactions: Xak

rickmatic

Aug 7, 2009
Bell, CA
Maybe I'm being too picky. It wasn't responding as fast as I wanted it to. Laggy wasn't the word I wanted to use, but its just not responsive enough for me. Although I really like it and still use it.
I'll be looking forward to any future updates.

Feb 26, 2013
Well, to perform the actions, you have to double tap the button, but i'll explain:

As a "security" feature, to not launch an action accidentally, you have to press the button "twice". The first tap will "select" the button. Once the button is "selected", the next time you press the button (only once, not twice), will perform the desire action (stop music, open config dialog, etc).

Do you understand what i mean? :)

D3_

Mar 9, 2010
London
At first I was thinking I wouldn't have a need for an application like this since I can quickly change tracks from the notification bar, but then I realised using this would be MUCH easier when using some form of navigation app as you don't need to swipe down the notification bar which stops you being able to see the directions being given.

rickmatic

Aug 7, 2009
Bell, CA
Well, to perform the actions, you have to double tap the button, but i'll explain:

As a "security" feature, to not launch an action accidentally, you have to press the button "twice". The first tap will "select" the button. Once the button is "selected", the next time you press the button (only once, not twice), will perform the desire action (stop music, open config dialog, etc).

Do you understand what i mean? :)
Yeah took me a while to figure that out. Thanks.

Feb 26, 2013
At first I was thinking I wouldn't have a need for an application like this since I can quickly change tracks from the notification bar, but then I realised using this would be MUCH easier when using some form of navigation app as you don't need to swipe down the notification bar which stops you being able to see the directions being given.

Yes, i tried to create an app to control the music from a notification, but it only works for android 3.2+, and the most of players are implementing that kind of notifications yet, so i decided to create this instead :p

Nice to hear that, im happy you found it useful :)

Very thanks ^^

BigJeff

Jun 4, 2011
Stanwood
Yes, i tried to create an app to control the music from a notification, but it only works for android 3.2+, and the most of players are implementing that kind of notifications yet, so i decided to create this instead :p

Nice to hear that, im happy you found it useful :)

Very thanks ^^

This looks promising, I'll give it a try in a minute. Anyways does it support Pandora?

Eastern37

Jan 13, 2013
Brisbane
I just downloaded it from the PlayStore and the app won't even start. When I click on the app icon it just goes to my home screen.

HTC One X 4.1.......

Edit: Just downloaded the apk with the same result.

Last edited:

ricciolo91

Sep 6, 2007
PARIS
I just downloaded it from the PlayStore and the app won't even start. When I click on the app icon it just goes to my home screen.

HTC One X 4.1.......

Edit: Just downloaded the apk with the same result.

Same here with GNexus CM10.1 nightly the app doesn't start

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Floating Music Controls

This is an app created to control your music over any app, so you can play fullscreen games and switch between songs... Yes! You can play Angry Birds and also skip that song you hate, or stop the music to hear the game sound effects :cool: .
    Still in beta, so don't expect a perfect app.

Screenshots:
    shot_000120.pngshot_000115.pngshot_000122.pngshot_000123.pngshot_000124.png

Configuration:
    • Opacity: Sets the main window opacity.
    • Position: Sets the main window position between the four corners. Sometimes, when orientation changes, the position is reset to the top-left corner.
    • Service mode:
      • Silent: You won't be notified about the service execution, but the service could be killed when free memory is requested by system.
      • Persistent (notification): A notification will be shown, but your app will be hard to die.
    • Show/Hide:
      • Timeout: It will try to detect when music is being played, checking if the sound is kept more than 5 seconds.
      • Shaking device: Shake your device to show/hide the controls.

Features:
    • Pause, next and previous buttons.
    • Those can be hidden only by tapping the main icon.
    • Can be shown or hidden shaking the device.
    • Configurable opacity.
    • It can be easilly closed once we finished using it.
    • It works with almost any music player.

Requeriments:
    • The music player we where going to use must allow and be configured to use the "Headset Control". If app doesn't works, please, check your player configuration.

First run:
    When you start the app the first time, you will not see any music control or notification. This is because default settings are Silent service and Timeout window display, so you will have to start playing music with any music player and the window will be shown.

Link:
    I've always wanted something like this! Thanks!
    -Pinch resizing.....

¿It's laggy? ¿When, or doing what? I tested it on a few older devices and worked fine.

-How about different controls. Holo theme, walkman theme...etc
    Using themes may become a future feature, i will consider it ^^.
    Ability to prepare settings when tapping the app.
    Yeah, i'm working on it, new feature is coming ^^
    Wow, this may be hard to implement, but i'll try to add some customization settings (maybe when i add themes to the app).

Thanks for your comment!! :laugh:
    You have to start your music app first before you start this app :)

Sent from Xperia Arc S
    Very useful app. It's exactly what I wanted.
    Is there a possibility to add a button to trigger the music player directly.
    And also to trigger the app when music is played.

I use poweramp, the play pause is very very very slow, the double tap doesn't really work.
    Also the fast forward buttons don't work that may be because of the player.

Well, seems like it does not work with poweramp at all... Some poweramp users reported that fact :rolleyes:

The player has to be enabled Headset controls at the music player configuration, if not, this app cannot work (is said at description), and seems like poweramp does not handle that headset controls (i didn't download poweramp, im a bit busy xD).

Anyway, the play/pause button has a bit delay, that's due to some weird things that wont work without that delay, but im working on a fix ;)