[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][moto_msm8960_jbbl] PAC-ROM 4.4.4.RC-2

Search This thread

zDisturbed1

Dec 22, 2008
No PC right now to flash an img and I cant get it to work via terminal every time I try I get error: -1

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

zDisturbed1

Dec 22, 2008
So aside from screwing my phone over by accident (unrelated user error) it seems I was right since using the clockwork app to flash clockwork recovery I have not had the issues that I and the other guy who said he had twrp 2.5.0.0 were having flashing 4.3 based roms

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

patrickm823

Dec 7, 2011
Georgia
bawk bawk

So...I flashed the new 20130901 and was playing in settings and tried to select gingerbread signal bar and systemUI crashed...over...and over...and over. I tried to reflash 20130901; still crashed repeatedly. I then flashed 20130826; same story. I cleared dalvik and partition every time. I had no navigation bar or status bar so I eventually nandroided back to CM. Tyler has some explainin to do.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
So...I flashed the new 20130901 and was playing in settings and tried to select gingerbread signal bar and systemUI crashed...over...and over...and over. I tried to reflash 20130901; still crashed repeatedly. I then flashed 20130826; same story. I cleared dalvik and partition every time. I had no navigation bar or status bar so I eventually nandroided back to CM. Tyler has some explainin to do.

lol.

When you say cleared dalvik and partition - this is how you should wipe.
  • Format system (not always required, but a GOOD idea before flashing).
  • Factory Reset (wipe data/dalvik/cache/dalvik-cache)
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash GAPPS
  • Profit
Did you do this? If no, then you are dirty flashing and potentially introducing issues from previous ROM's.

Good luck.

patrickm823

Dec 7, 2011
Georgia
Ok so far I've clean and dirty flashed and still the same thing. Not always when I change the signal status but when I'm in settings 80% of the time systemUI crashes and never recovers.

Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Ok so far I've clean and dirty flashed and still the same thing. Not always when I change the signal status but when I'm in settings 80% of the time systemUI crashes and never recovers.

Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app

Just going into settings causes the systemUI to crash?

Do you have a logcat?

4runneradam

Dec 25, 2011
Stupid question maybe, but I'm still on Android 4.0.4. I have CWM 6.0.1.3. Can I flash this rom? If not, do I have to go to stock 4.3 and then flash?

Last edited:

4runneradam

Dec 25, 2011
I got antsy and installed anyways :)

It worked, but there are some major bugs. Upon first boot, trebuchet crashed. No home screen. 3 buttons on front but cant access app drawer. I can pull the notification bar down and access settings.

Where do I go from here?

I also could not flash gapps. Said installation aborted.

Mordannon

May 2, 2013
South Elgin
I got antsy and installed anyways :)

It worked, but there are some major bugs. Upon first boot, trebuchet crashed. No home screen. 3 buttons on front but cant access app drawer. I can pull the notification bar down and access settings.

Where do I go from here?

I also could not flash gapps. Said installation aborted.

Well there is no stock 4.3 but as i recall this rom is based on the CM 10.2 rom. That one specifically says that it uses many base components from the stock JB rom so you need to flash that first then flash this rom. Hopefully you have a backup you can roll back to but if not you can download the stock JB rom and flash that with RSD Lite or whatever your preferred method.

Last edited:

zDisturbed1

Dec 22, 2008
So i dont make many calls so I did not notice this straight away, but i have no earpice audio i can only hear and be heard when my phone is on speakerphone. I had this problem on the last build before the 9/1 and i am having it on 9/1 as well. I did not dirty flash when i first installed pac I did upgrade and wipe dalvik/cache when i moved to 9/1. Is there anything but a wipe and fresh install that might fix it? I did not have this issue when I first installed pac when i was on twrp before i realised twrp was causing my problems I was having before.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I've never read how to do a logcat, so I don't know how...

Either with a logcat app, or using adb...

If you've ever used adb before, by far the easiest way to take logs (IMHO... I prefer it to apps).

Code:
adb logcat -v time -d > logcat.txt

Will create a logcat.txt file with your logcat, timestamped.

Code:
adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt

Will create a dmesg.txt file, with your kernel logging information.

There's a few apps on the Play Store that do the same trick, if you prefer that method. CatLog, aLogCat, LogCat Extreme, there's like a thousand more I'm sure.

Basically recreate the issue, and try to pull logs as quickly as you can after recreating the problem.

So i dont make many calls so I did not notice this straight away, but i have no earpice audio i can only hear and be heard when my phone is on speakerphone. I had this problem on the last build before the 9/1 and i am having it on 9/1 as well. I did not dirty flash when i first installed pac I did upgrade and wipe dalvik/cache when i moved to 9/1. Is there anything but a wipe and fresh install that might fix it? I did not have this issue when I first installed pac when i was on twrp before i realised twrp was causing my problems I was having before.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Hm, not sure to be honest.. That's a strange issue. Anyone else having earpiece problems?

Reactions: patrickm823

4runneradam

Dec 25, 2011
OK So I RSD'd back to stock 4.1. Worked great. Flashed this and GAPPS. Now its stuck on the boot screen animaton "insert coin" "game over" over and over

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I got it to boot, but now same problem as before (trebuchet crashes, no home screen/appdrawer)

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
OK So I RSD'd back to stock 4.1. Worked great. Flashed this and GAPPS. Now its stuck on the boot screen animaton "insert coin" "game over" over and over

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I got it to boot, but now same problem as before (trebuchet crashes, no home screen/appdrawer)

Perhaps just try CM10.2? If that works for you, then perhaps there is an issue with PAC...

If you have issues with CM, maybe something is wrong in the process/something corrupt, etc.

Top Liked Posts