Wifi problem

Search This thread

interpleb

Sep 30, 2008
Hi,

I have had my Touch 3g for a few days and have been very happy with it. The only problem I have is that it doesn't work with my Wifi router. It sees my router and my neighbours, but won't let me connect. I have tried WEP and WPA (my router doesn't do WPA2), and even open, but it still won't connect, just goes from connecting to available. My router is a cheap no name one, but works fine with my PC, Wii, PS3 and in the past a DS and a PSP, using WEP.

Has anyone any ideas, or suggestions as to a cheap Wireless router to connect to a cable modem that works with the Touch 3G?

Thanks.

mjashdown

Aug 15, 2007
I have this problem with my Orange version and Orange have removed the power managment function from the phone.

Alekss_UH

Feb 3, 2008
UH
Yes, only Best performance is good, I test it on my AP 3 meters far, signal strenght was 100%, but ping 1000ms on both presets, after switching to Best performance, ping was <10ms !!!

mjashdown

Aug 15, 2007
if anybody know how to tweek the Registry to get the Power Management funtion back I would be very grateful.

mjashdown

Aug 15, 2007
Fix

Found out that if you use FIle Exporer to naviagte to the Windows Directory there is a file there call WLAN Setting and clicking on that take you to the original power manager and I can now adjust the WLAN to best performance. Still have a problem with the Wifi cutting out.