[TOOL][SCRIPT][05 Sep 2012]S-off for HBOOT 1.16 and above[v3.4.1]

Search This thread

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
Nope, thats the issue in fact. I unlocked the bootloader looking forward to flash a custom rom just because theres something weird with the phone right now that the phone sometimes will not ring when theres an incoming call. So i unlocked the bootloader and installed the recovery via Fastboot without a problem. But the phone will not accept the custom roms ive tried(Coredroid and VirtuosUnity) so i decided to downgrade the bootloader since most custom rom require 1.13.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Im trying to get S-off so i can flash different radios just in case the reason why the phone will not accept the custom roms is because of the stock gingerbread radio or something like that.

OK, I need you to flash superuser via recovery and then rerun the script, answering y at the first prompt (rooted). assuming you are still on an unlocked bootloader and not on security warning. But... do not run the ruu or relock the bootloader (answering y at last prompt locks the bootloader), until you see the version main has been downgraded.

enelyam

Feb 16, 2011
Ok, and thanks for your help M8, another question, is there any superuser special file or should i just find a .zip superuser and install it via recovery?

incrediblealex

Oct 11, 2011
i just downgraded from hboot 2.00 to hboot 1.13 and it worked very well. However when i go into the stock HTC/Android recovery i get the message E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

Is this normal or should I hold off getting S-OFF?

Thanks

Also even if you just go onto update from SD it says immediately "Invalid Option"

Last edited:

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
i just downgraded from hboot 2.00 to hboot 1.13 and it worked very well. However when i go into the stock HTC/Android recovery i get the message E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

Is this normal or should I hold off getting S-OFF?

Thanks

Also even if you just go onto update from SD it says immediately "Invalid Option"

Try format your sdcard.

Reactions: incrediblealex

enelyam

Feb 16, 2011
I guess the phone just dont want to be downgraded. Here is the whole log after flashing SU:

Attachments

• ScriptLog2.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 23

enelyam

Feb 16, 2011
At the end, same result, main version stays on 1.16.0000.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Maybe trying a different SD card? Although i know this one is working just fine but hey who knows!

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
At the end, same result, main version stays on 1.16.0000.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Maybe trying a different SD card? Although i know this one is working just fine but hey who knows!

While it is possible that there's an issue with the sdcard, first check in a file explorer that you have a data/local/tmp folder on your phones internal memory.

I tried it and the error is still there. :(

hmm.. try factory reset or deleting cache/recovery/command

Edit: is your sdcard partitioned?

Last edited:

incrediblealex

Oct 11, 2011
While it is possible that there's an issue with the sdcard, first check in a file explorer that you have a data/local/tmp folder on your phones internal memory.

hmm.. try factory reset or deleting cache/recovery/command

Edit: is your sdcard partitioned?

Nope my SD card is not partitioned. I've tried factory reset but how would I go about deleting cache/recovery/command? When i boot into the recovery there is a green arrow and then a red exclamation mark. Is this normal in the stock recovery?

It looks like this but says 3e instead of 2e

20100829_004w6fq.jpg

Last edited:

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
Nope my SD card is not partitioned. I've tried factory reset but how would I go about deleting cache/recovery/command? When i boot into the recovery there is a green arrow and then a red exclamation mark. Is this normal in the stock recovery?

yes this is the stock recovery's behavior. Run the ruu again please.

edit: missed your edit, did you try wiping cache?

Last edited:

enelyam

Feb 16, 2011

Yes, i installed RootExplorer via adb and i found /data/local/tmp. Well, i managed to make the phone ring as it should installing SoundManager i think. But still would like to get real S-off from my phone. So if theres any other solution to this im willing to try it. It helps me and a lot of people who could have this same issue later. But could that be that the phone was shipped with the 1.16.0000 and gingerbread 2.3.3? Just like it happens to the Inspire that cant be downgraded if it was shipped with the newer bootloader?

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide

Yes, i installed RootExplorer via adb and i found /data/local/tmp. Well, i managed to make the phone ring as it should installing SoundManager i think. But still would like to get real S-off from my phone. So if theres any other solution to this im willing to try it. It helps me and a lot of people who could have this same issue later. But could that be that the phone was shipped with the 1.16.0000 and gingerbread 2.3.3? Just like it happens to the Inspire that cant be downgraded if it was shipped with the newer bootloader?

This is the method that I used on my phone which was also shipped with 1.16. Did you try the other sdcard?

incrediblealex

Oct 11, 2011
yes this is the stock recovery's behavior. Run the ruu again please.

edit: missed your edit, did you try wiping cache?

Yes i wiped the cache and it made no difference. This is really confusing me now.

Also i'm noticing that everytime i boot into recovery i lose 5%-10% of battery for just being in their for 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
Yes i wiped the cache and it made no difference. This is really confusing me now.

Also i'm noticing that everytime i boot into recovery i lose 5%-10% of battery for just being in their for 30 seconds.

try plugging it into a charger... any result from rerunning the ruu?

all the research I have done on the issue seems to point to the sdcard as the issue. Do you have another one? If its not possible to use another, try without sdcard altogether.

have you tried running revolutionary?

Last edited:

incrediblealex

Oct 11, 2011
try plugging it into a charger... any result from rerunning the ruu?

all the research I have done on the issue seems to point to the sdcard as the issue. Do you have another one? If its not possible to use another, try without sdcard altogether.

have you tried running revolutionary?

I just tried another sd card that i have (a samsung one) and the error is still their. The thing is that I had the error before i ran your tool and the ruu and after a successful downgrade the error is still there. Do you think it could be something else relating to my phone?

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
I just tried another sd card that i have (a samsung one) and the error is still their. The thing is that I had the error before i ran your tool and the ruu and after a successful downgrade the error is still there. Do you think it could be something else relating to my phone?

So you need help fixing a problem unrelated to my script? Then posting your issue here narrows your chances of getting fixed. Search forum or start a new thread.

For now, run revolutionary, it will either get you s-off..... or it won't.:rolleyes:

incrediblealex

Oct 11, 2011
So you need help fixing a problem unrelated to my script? Then posting your issue here narrows your chances of getting fixed. Search forum or start a new thread.

For now, run revolutionary, it will either get you s-off..... or it won't.:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help. I s-off and the error isnt in clockworkmod so hopefully it was just a stock recovery error!

Last edited:

darksilver619

Mar 17, 2012
This just wont work for me

hi im very new to this i successfully unlocked my hboot 2.00 via htcdev.com and installed CWM and am running CM7 and when i run the runme.bat i get all sorts of errors the first one i get is adb server is out of date killing...... then when i say its not rooted it boots to CWM and says waiting for phone to connect and if i tell it that it is rooted and say yes to make a gold card i get

rm: can't remove '/data/data/recovery/log': No such file or directory
rm: can't remove '/data/local.prop': No such file or directory

then when i run the ruu i get error 115 and it locks my bootloader and i get security warning and if i unlock it and try fastboot oem lock it says error two many lines and i get the relocked security warning any help would be great thanks

Nonverbose

Sep 18, 2011
Adelaide
hi im very new to this i successfully unlocked my hboot 2.00 via htcdev.com and installed CWM and am running CM7 and when i run the runme.bat i get all sorts of errors the first one i get is adb server is out of date killing...... then when i say its not rooted it boots to CWM and says waiting for phone to connect and if i tell it that it is rooted and say yes to make a gold card i get

rm: can't remove '/data/data/recovery/log': No such file or directory
rm: can't remove '/data/local.prop': No such file or directory

then when i run the ruu i get error 115 and it locks my bootloader and i get security warning and if i unlock it and try fastboot oem lock it says error two many lines and i get the relocked security warning any help would be great thanks

Screenshots please...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Detailed in this post is a way to downgrade your Incredible S Hboot version 1.16 and above to version 1.13 so it can be s-offed using revolutionary. This is made possible with the TacoRoot exploit, an unsecured kernel, misc_version_universal and an automated goldcard algorithm.

Please note that phones with the latest ICS hboot (2.02 currently) will have to be bootloader UNLOCKED from htcdev.com. If your hboot 2.02 phone does not have an unlocked bootloader, do NOT run this script.

(Insert usual disclaimer: not responsible for your bricked phone blah blah etc).

Beware also that you will lose everything on the phone so back it all up if necessary.

Always make sure the script has completed without error before continuing with the RUU downgrade.

Requires:

MicroSD card (2GB,4GB or 8GB recommended).
    Windows PC.
    HTC Sync (Installed then uninstalled for ADB drivers).
    View attachment IncS_MVDTKv3.4.1.zip [highlight]Link to post, not attachment. No mirrors please.[/highlight]

RUU used for downgrade, model number PG3213000(Typical IncS)
    Dropbox Mirror

Alternate RUU for Canadian Bell or South American IncS users, model number PG3212000
    Dropbox Mirror

Procedure:

Extract all the files from the downgrade toolkit to your PC and run runme.cmd, following the instructions on screen. The only inputs you should be required to make are:

1. Answering y or n at the prompts
    2. Rebooting your phone out of recovery (also when/if prompted)

You may receive this error during the script operation "rm failed for /data/data/recovery/log, No such file or directory" This error can be disregarded.

Then run the RUU Downgrade (takes a while, around 10 mins so be patient).

When its finished running, you can verify if you have 1.13.0000 hboot by entering hboot (power on phone + vol down).

Then you can run revolutionary to get your s-off!

Video Guide kindly provided by locn:

Use on stock ICS device

Part 1. This video goes through the process of down grading HBOOT to 1.13.0000 so that we can then use revolutionary method to gain S-OFF.
    http://youtu.be/PbwE6pXOdco

Part 2. This video covers how to get S-OFF on the HTC IncS using revolutionary method.
    http://youtu.be/alSEpJMJrjo

Support: (Before asking for help make sure you read and follow the instructions in both the procedure and the script)

While every possible precaution has been taken to ensure the script works on all versions of our phone under all windows environments, there is a possibility that you may get stuck on a step and require assistance. To make this process go as quickly as possible for both parties, please include the following information when requesting help:

A full output of the script, either by screenshot or copy/paste
    The operating system specifics: hboot version, stock or custom(provide name) recovery or Rom and if the phone is rooted
    (optional)An output of the command "fastboot getvar all" deleting imei and serial no.

Changelog:
    v3.4.1 Corrected syntax causing errors for rooted users
    v3.4 Added option for users on stock ICS hboot (2.02)
    v3.3 Fixed main version downgrade and goldcard creation issues for some users & other minor fixes
    v3.2 Repackaged and re-encoded in windows environment for compatibility issues
    v3.1 Fixed issue with gold card creation on non-rooted phones
    v3.0 Changed temp root method to TacoRoot changed misc_version to misc_version_universal & other minor fixes
    v2.1 Changed downgrade version to help prevent user error & other minor fixes
    v2.0 Added goldcard script and relock bootloader for users unlocked via htcdev
    v1.1 Added option in batch file for rooted and non-rooted users
    v1.0 original upload

Credits:
    tpbklake: For his unsecured kernel
    jcase: Author of TacoRoot
    hyuh: For misc_version_universal
    viperbjk from RevSkills: For the goldcard algorithm.
    GenePoole: For the android goldcard binary.
    Revolutionary Team: For s-off Hboot.

And to everyone who contributed. If I have missed anyone that would like to be credited on this guide, pm me and I will be happy to oblige.
    Great Script! Made some Videos for it!

Hi Nonverbose

Thanks for making it so easy for us! Finally got around to doing this and it worked flawlessly for me!

I made videos of the process which i followed here and thought it might be able to help someone out.

Part 1. This video goes through the process of down grading HBOOT to 1.13.0000 so that we can then use revolutionary method to gain S-OFF.
    http://youtu.be/PbwE6pXOdco

Part 2. This video covers how to get S-OFF on the HTC IncS using revolutionary method.
    http://youtu.be/alSEpJMJrjo

Hope it helps!

Cheers
    Just to confirm, the gold card is required.

So happy to finally have s-off. Very annoying not being able to use OTA updates.
    @pressytcn very pretty and extremely large photo of your phone in stock recovery waiting for you to press volume up + volume down + power button, just like it says in the screenshot of the script you provided. Learn to read.

sorry my mistake
    i learned it now and tried flashing as you said
    the result is
    E: Signature verification failed
    installation aborted

If you were doing what I said, there would be no signature check to fail. I asked you to flash a custom rom and rerun the script, providing a screenshot of the result. Fail.

If your phone is operational, don't bother trying to follow this guide. Its out of your depth unfortunately. If your phone cannot boot a rom, I will help you get it working again.

Worked flawlessly.. no interruptions... no issues!
    Thanks mate... :)

It is encouraging to see there's users in the xda community that can still follow a reasonably simple set of instructions. Thanks for the feedback :)
    Hey, why don't you try giving an answer instead of being smartass ? I CAN'T FIND any info about my specifications.Info on this forum is really messy.I found info about hboot 2.02, i found hboot 2.00 s-on locked but not mine.I don't want make my phone bricked.If you want to help, help or just suht up, ok.I don't really care you are writing a script.I think xda have to cleaned from behaving like you.Like adolescent...

I have been supporting this method for almost 1 year but still I need to read this crap. The title says this method is for hboot 1.16 and above. You're on v2.00 obviously that is above 1.16, not only that, you are coming here asking if flashing a recovery image will give you s-off? If you don't want your phone bricked, how about you research what the hell you're doing. If that's too difficult then you should not be modifying your phone. Simple as that.