[i9505] Can't turn on wi-fi

Search This thread

Geo2160

Jan 2, 2012
Hello, I just received a used Galaxy S4 and I can't seem to get wi-fi to work. Every time I try to turn it on any other network than my own it simply gets stuck. The only fix that I've tried until now is a factory reset which doesn't really work. The KNOX has already been tripped by the former owner (it's 0x01) and I'm pretty handy with flashing tools like Odin. I've heard about flashing a different "non-HLOS" modem, but I don't really understand which one I should use. I have attached to this post two screenshots of the version, baseband and CSC.

So, what should I do? Should I try a non-HLOS modem? Which one should I use? Is there any way to mess up the EFS that way?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-08-13-13-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-08-13-13-39.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_2014-07-08-13-13-54.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-08-13-13-54.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 44

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Hello, I just received a used Galaxy S4 and I can't seem to get wi-fi to work. Every time I try to turn it on any other network than my own it simply gets stuck. The only fix that I've tried until now is a factory reset which doesn't really work. The KNOX has already been tripped by the former owner (it's 0x01) and I'm pretty handy with flashing tools like Odin. I've heard about flashing a different "non-HLOS" modem, but I don't really understand which one I should use. I have attached to this post two screenshots of the version, baseband and CSC.

So, what should I do? Should I try a non-HLOS modem? Which one should I use? Is there any way to mess up the EFS that way?

Download and flash this file via odin.

Geo2160

Jan 2, 2012
Download and flash this file via odin.

Unfortunately that did not work. Any other ideas? Should I try a custom ROM? Or can you point me to a stock firmware which doesn't have this issue?

LE: Well, editing the build.prop securestorage line seems to fix it, but since it's not mine, I would prefer a more permanent fix, one that doesn't go away with a factory reset.

Last edited: