No suggestion, but I just flashed SlimBean on mine from a full wipe, and I'm having the same issue.
I tried SlimBean again, and it worked. Here's what I did:
1. Updated my bootloader. Mine was still 4.13, and it looks like the most recent version is 4.23. I flashed the img from this post
2. Went back to unrooted stock with NRT. (I had to update my bootloader to do this.)
3. Let it boot back into unrooted stock, wept with joy, made a nandroid from NRT.
4. Flashed the SlimBean 1.9 weekly and minimal gapps from NRT's advanced area.
5. Watched in amazement as it boots obediently. Let sit about 10 min, and rebooted.
I'm essentially lazy, so yes I used NRT instead of manually pushing everything with ADB. ADB was plan B. It was briefly plan A, but I got tired of trying to convince the Android SDK that I did in fact have the Java JDK installed.
Nexus 5 (32GB Black) on T-Mobile and Nexus 7 (2012)
retired: T-mobile MyTouch 3G, Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH -T989)