[Q] Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong in getting my device back to stock?
So I'm trying to get my device back to stock so I can ship my device to someone I sold it too but somehow I'm running into issues.
I installed Terrasilent kernal and custom rom on my US 4.0 way back last spring and never had to connect my device to a computer since. Well now obviously I have to and am trying to do it off a new laptop I recently purchased.
My steps so have gone like this.
1. Downloaded and installed Samsung Drivers
2. Downloaded and installed C++ Redistrubiutable from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/downl....aspx?id=30679
(I only got the bottom one. Did I need all 3?
3. Downloaded Latest Heimdall
4. Ran zadig and updated the one Samsung device that showed up
5. Ran Heimdall and loaded the pit and recovery files from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1531850
But every time I get some sort of error.
The latest error being
ERROR: Failed to begin session!
Releasing device interface...
After trying reinstalling drivers and such I've also ran into this error
error: failed to access device. libusb error: -12
Am I missing a very simple step? Somehow even though Heimdall won't flash anything I've also managed to get my device soft bricked.
Sadly I don't remember having such issues when I originally rooted my device and flashed it. Any ideas? I'd really love to get this device shipped out to the person it was sold to.