[Q]Should i get a MOJO?

Search This thread

Energizing

Dec 23, 2012
I'm thinking about buying either an Ouya or a Mojo as an emulator machine but i have a few questions about the MOJO.
To make it simple.... I love the Ouya and it would be perfect for me, i only wish it was a little more powerful... (for more fps on PSP games and San Andreas in high quality etc...)
So can i expect the Ouya on MOJO to run like a real Ouya and even more? Or is it only partially working?
Is there any way to hide the navigation bar when running an app or will there be soon? (maybe a Ouya app update or something?)
What would you guys suggest?

I'm really torn between those 2, some advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

oOProtopOo

Jun 26, 2014
I'm thinking about buying either an Ouya or a Mojo as an emulator machine but i have a few questions about the MOJO.
To make it simple.... I love the Ouya and it would be perfect for me, i only wish it was a little more powerful... (for more fps on PSP games and San Andreas in high quality etc...)
So can i expect the Ouya on MOJO to run like a real Ouya and even more? Or is it only partially working?
Is there any way to hide the navigation bar when running an app or will there be soon? (maybe a Ouya app update or something?)
What would you guys suggest?

I'm really torn between those 2, some advice would be greatly appreciated!

no not all ouya games are in mojo shop towerfall is not in the ouya everywhere shop

Energizing

Dec 23, 2012
well i guess as long as all the emulators on Ouya work.... shouldn't be a problem sideloading any other app

Ash180287

Jun 22, 2010
well i guess as long as all the emulators on Ouya work.... shouldn't be a problem sideloading any other app

Emulators and media is about all its use full for so ur in luck me man, however I have had massive issues regarding storage space which might restrict how many ROMs u could use. Tbh ur better off getting a reliable tablet and a TV out cable ;)

Energizing

Dec 23, 2012
well a good tablet is expensive and ressources are wasted on battery saving etc....
i'm probably going to get a MOJO, but only if i can get rid of the navigation bar while running an app...

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
well a good tablet is expensive and ressources are wasted on battery saving etc....
i'm probably going to get a MOJO, but only if i can get rid of the navigation bar while running an app...

I think there's apps that removes it after rooting it.. it doesn't bother me so I haven't checked.
Re ouya everywhere, people where saying the frame work crashes, it might have been fixed, I don't like ouya so haven't checked.

Energizing

Dec 23, 2012
well ouya has got some really cool stuff for emulators, like the Nostalgia app regrouping all your emulators etc... and it's nice to change from the stock android, but the specs are really ****ty... anyway, i found some ways to hide the navigation bar and stumbled upon your website where you shared your thoughts about the MOJO while google-ing and it pretty much convinced me to buy one... the ouya won't last long with specs so low

Reactions: gwaldo

disorder78

Jul 24, 2012
MOJO or Fire TV

Should I buy a Mad Catz MOJO or Fire TV? I'm a android enthusiast and I own an OUYA. The Mad Catz MOJO would be a perfect device for me having all that power inside. Tegra 4 with 2GB of ram sounds impressive for a Micro Console not to mention the nice controller. Now I've noticed the Fire TV is able to install the Play Store which basically solves the problem of not having to buy all of my apps again. Fire TV from what I've seen is pretty powerful, but you don't get all that Tegra goodness. $99 plus controller vs. $199 with controller. We need more Mad Catz MOJO videos on Youtube because there are some more games I want to see running.

Reactions: gwaldo

Energizing

Dec 23, 2012
well you can install google play store on the MOJO and it's only 150$ now, plus you can install the Ouya App so you get the best of both worlds!

gwaldo

Dec 30, 2013
Melb.
xpcoin.com
@Energizing, yeah the ouya 16GB compared to the MOJO is a no brainer IMO.
The Amazon fireTV compared to MOJO, could ague either way..
The biggest draw back on the mojo is not having kitkat, which means we're stuck on late 2013 game releases instead of having the newer games like shield1 has.

We need more Mad Catz MOJO videos on Youtube because there are some more games I want to see running.

Been playing a bit of oldschool OpenArena (ouya apk version), I got GTA 3, just ran out of ideas, I'll do a video or two!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well ouya has got some really cool stuff for emulators, like the Nostalgia app regrouping all your emulators etc... and it's nice to change from the stock android, but the specs are really ****ty... anyway, i found some ways to hide the navigation bar and stumbled upon your website where you shared your thoughts about the MOJO while google-ing and it pretty much convinced me to buy one... the ouya won't last long with specs so low
    MOJO or Fire TV

Should I buy a Mad Catz MOJO or Fire TV? I'm a android enthusiast and I own an OUYA. The Mad Catz MOJO would be a perfect device for me having all that power inside. Tegra 4 with 2GB of ram sounds impressive for a Micro Console not to mention the nice controller. Now I've noticed the Fire TV is able to install the Play Store which basically solves the problem of not having to buy all of my apps again. Fire TV from what I've seen is pretty powerful, but you don't get all that Tegra goodness. $99 plus controller vs. $199 with controller. We need more Mad Catz MOJO videos on Youtube because there are some more games I want to see running.