[Q] Back and menu buttons not working - N model

Search This thread

hedgegee

Oct 28, 2011
Hello

I was looking forward to flashing my S3 Mini with Novafusions CM11.1 but i have problems with after install TWRP recovery that my back and menu buttons (next to the home hardware button) dont work.

I cant get it to work even when i flash to stock recovery and rom:crying:

Does anybody have a solution?

KoolKid98189

Aug 6, 2013
Something to do with the keyboard app or is it a problem outside Android?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using XDA Free mobile app

heithered

Nov 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
By any chance before flashing a custom rom did you turn button backlight off? If so, flash a stock/based rom, turn them on and flash your custom rom.

At least this solved for me 2 days ago which happened for the first time.

Reactions: hedgegee

hedgegee

Oct 28, 2011
Could be hardware fault? Since when did this start happening?

By any chance before flashing a custom rom did you turn button backlight off? If so, flash a stock/based rom, turn them on and flash your custom rom.

Thanks for the tip but no unfourtnately i didnt - i saw a topic after i posted that there are problems on some phones with these rom/recovery. :crying:

hedgegee

Oct 28, 2011
I posted this in the TWRP recovery topic:

I was on the CM11 rom and it is the same with any rom based on anything other than stock rom.

They blink a couple of times in the recovery and don't work at all in recovery but there are softkeys. In the rom/system it will take 30 seconds to a minute to work and they will blink until they work randomly.

I got it to work by flashing everything stock again (i had a wrong stock rom i think).

After i flash the TWRP or any other recovery the buttons will act weird and take about 30 seconds to a minute to work in the stock rom or any other stock based rom.

The buttons don't work in any other nonstock based rom on my I8190N.

Is there a fix to this?

I will see if there is any fix to this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its in recovery and rom. I can type fine its just that the touch buttons "hardware buttons" doesnt work. :eek:

Could be hardware fault? Since when did this start happening?