Saurom-Projekt {2.3.6} Q&A

Search This thread

bigbuc

Mar 1, 2012
Texas
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S8+
Seen people asking for votes on the roms at the op. Saurom is closed so i can't. So i gave this one 5 stars.

Anyone found any roms better? Or even as good?

Call Recording required. I can fake call block.

What have you done with Saurom? Kernels , themes, etc.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

bigbuc

Mar 1, 2012
Texas
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S8+
I've given up in ics roms, trying jb now. Still using saurom as my daily driver. No random reboots, or flickering screens. Saurom just works. Better features too. Some tasker stuff is supposed to work with ics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

mraeryceos

Jul 1, 2007
Multi-DPI issue

I find this ROM to be faster than Android 4.x, so I'm posting in this really old thread.
The only issue I have, is that when I increase the density on the phone via build.prop, the system menus are not affected, remaining ugly large. The clipboard also shows large, and truncated. I assume this is the "multi-dpi" feature at work. Anyone know how to disable this?
ps. I did a search for "dpi" on this thread, and it turned up 5 results that didn't help

mraeryceos

Jul 1, 2007
Through previous experience, including this one: I am never quite happy with a customized operating system. I would rather start with a barebones operating system, and be taught how to make the customizations myself. That way, I can choose piecemeal what is important to me.

If I were to make a custom system, I would start the installation by giving choices about what to changes or additions I want. Then I would have an app within android, that would let me add or remove the same "components" to the installed system, in case I changed my mind later. I'd keep in mind not to make the choices too numerous, as this deters some people, and I'd have documentation about what each change is, and how to implement them manually.

Of course, to do all that, I'd have to make the custom rom my full-time job :)

mraeryceos

Jul 1, 2007
OP DAGr8 wrote: "NEW SystemUi Mods Done via Custom menu in Settings (this menu also controls JKAY TWEAKS)"
I find the Custom menu in Settings. It contains General, Device Info, and Statusbar Settings (within that is JKAY). Did I mess something up? Am I missing any settings?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post #1 contains the Frequently Asked Questions
    Post #2 contains misc usefull INFO about the rom

FAQ​

• How to flash Saurom?

_make sure you have CWM recovery installed on your phone get it here
      _Download Saurom put it in your sdcard
      _Reboot into recovery , they are several ways to do this but here is one :
      hold Vol up + Vol down + power until it vibrates , once it vibrates let go of power button only , hold both Vol button until you see blue stuff written on the screen and choose flash zip from sdcard , locate the Saurom zip file and Flash away

• No home haptic feedback?

_Deluxe Settings / misc options / enable home haptic feedback

• Help my applications lost Root ?

_ You most probably missed the SU prompt , saurom uses Super SU not Superuser application .
      _ Go in your app Drawer and search for the 'blue # icon ' open it and make sure your apps are granted root access.

• Google play Store problems ?

_ Go in Settings / applications / Manage applications , choose 'all ' tab
      Then clear all data and cache of both Google play store nad google services Framework
      _ Reboot into recovery and wipe cache and wipe Dalvik - Cache . ( no need to factory reset )

Didnt work ? Do it again

• What are all the addons attached to the Saurom thread?

_Back long press allows the usage of holding back button to kill foreground application
      _Volume Wake allows to wake the phone from standby by touching the volume keys instead of the power button
      _No Record will remove the Call recording ability from Saurom .
      _Revert removes both long press and volume wake options
      _Kernel fix is needed whenever you flash (via CWM ) another kernel otherwise the phone will bootloop .

• What is the ATT fix ?

ATT apn shown by default
      data speed fix
      ATT original build.prop (fixes ATT customer able to purchase Market app via their ATT phone bill / account)
      ATT 's build Swype version (required because of the build prop change)
      Samsung keyboard for US English instead of Canada English
      US english instead of Canada english
      Visual Voicemail Installed

• Do I need ATT fix ?

Only if your on AT&T

• How do I apply ATT fix ?

1_ rom in the phone
      2_factory reset
      3_flash rom
      4_do not reboot
      5_flash att speed & apn fix
      6_now reboot

• AT&T Visual VoiceMail is not working for me?
      You probably have used the my messages app. AT&T needs to reset your voicemail account, just call them up! There's nothing we can do! You can download the VVM app from here

• I applied Saurom_RC4_backlongpress.zip ' now the back button haptic feedback doesnt work ?

Sorry known issue .. thats why the mod is not included by default in the rom .

• I applied Saurom_RC4_backlongpress.zip ' now my home button doesnt work ?

_Deluxe Settings / check the 'double click enabled' box

• Call recording is built in this rom but where is the file ?

/sdcard/sounds all saved in *.amr files

• home key works and vibrates it just doesn't make a sound ?

Known issue live with it . :D

• Data Speed problems?

DID YOU FLASH ATT FIX ??

Well . Here is AT&T 's LTE apn anyways ..

Name: AT&T pta
      APN: pta
      Proxy:
      Port:
      Username:
      Password:
      Server:
      MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
      MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
      MMS Port: 80
      MCC:310
      MNC:410
      Authentication Type: None
      APN Type: internet + mms

• ATT users cant Stream movies from market ? or need to buy from market and get billed to your ATT account ?

DID YOU FLASH ATT FIX ??

if not flash it .

• Google Voice issues ?

For Google Voice issues, log into the web account for Voice account. In the settings, choose the option to deactivate Google Voice from your phone number. Uninstall Voice from your phone and reboot it. Select the option to Activate voice on your number from the web console. DL and install Voice to your phone and set up as normal. Should work fine after that.

• Where Can I find the Missing Bloat / applications ?

here

list of debloated apps : if you need any of them they are available

Aurora.apk
      Bluesea.apk
      BluetoothTestMode.apk
      BooksPhone.apk
      Days.apk
      Divx.apk
      Dlna.apk
      GenieWidget.apk
      Kies.apk
      KiesAir.apk
      SamsungApps.apk
      SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
      Samsungservice.apk
      crayonphysics.apk
      kieswifi.apk
      oem_install_flash_pl..>
      syncmldm2.apk
      syncmlds.apk
      urMusicV2-Generic_2...>
      urMusicWidget-releas..>
      wssyncmlnps.apk

Rogers Bloat :

rogers_myaccount_109
      RogersLive-Prod-v1_4build51-key1
      Samsung-Note-Rogers-OneContacts
      Samsung-Note-Rogers-OneNumber
      Samsung-Note-Rogers-Shop

Custom Menu Explained​

• How to Modify the toggles

_scroll down to 'Widget Button order'

Drag the toggles on top , you cant drag to position 2 or 3 etc so you ll have to work your way of the top

• Add , Edit or remove toggles

_scroll down to 'Widget Buttons'

Check or uncheck those you want 16 to choose from .

Inside the 'Widget Buttons' there is a sub menu scroll down .
      From there you can change the behavior of the Brightness and Sound button .

• How Do I switch from TSM 's Toggles to Jkay's ?

To enable/revert the toggles :
      open jkay deluxe go to set status bar option scroll to the bottom and check or uncheck 'Show alternative toggles' ( requires reboot)

• Some Settings wont stick or Don't work

USE COMMON SENSE JKAY mods and the new mods cant overlap each other :
      For example:
      remove text is a jkay toggle option. wont work with the TSM ones .
      same thing for show 8 toggles
      You cant add signal text via JKAY and change its color via the new options you need to add it custom menu then change its color
      you cant remove carrier text in JKAY and then edit it in custom menu

The possibilities are endless, tweaks are very specific and allow customization to the extreme , dont expect to get it all the way you want under 20 minutes .

anyone vote to sticky this ?
    so I was looking for an explanation on how to setup the bln exactly to make it work with the stock sms, and after searching thru both the rom thread and the discussion thread I found the proper settings thanks to DAGr8 that I think it should be added to the op's FAQ so if a newcomer flashes this awesome rom and wants to set up the bln doesn't need to ask the question or search, it already be in the FAQ.

How to get BLN working with Stock messaging app

1. In the stock messaging app, in menu/settings, Disable the notification message.

2. In SMS Popup app, Enable SMS Popup. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.everythingandroid.smspopup&hl=en
    3. Right below, In Notifications/Default Notifications:
    **Uncheck "Show a Popup" if you don't want the popup window onscreen (iphone/miui style) when a message arrives.
    **Checked if you do*
    4. Check "Enable Notifications"
    5. Now go to Additional Settings and in Screen Control, make sure Screen on for Popup is unchecked, so the screen won't wake up when an sms is received and now you'll have working bln with every text in stock messaging app

I'm glad for this as I get a lot of text and this will keep me from turning on the screen 100 times in a day to check if i got a message.
    Hey I read on page three you would post the stock at&t browser so we could get rid of these bookmarks. Any luck with that or did I miss it up front? Can we do it in root explorer?

Btw I had no probably with my apn's and not sure why so many people are!! Quick solution write yours down b4 you flash the rom the enter them back after! Done working fine and instead of the 4g))) symbol you get the hspa looking up down arrows! I happened to like that better. :D

the att fix fixes all known bugs for att users .

the FAQ in post #2 are very complete , I would appreciate you guys link new users to the FAQ when they ask questions , thanks to al lth esupport you guys give it makes my life much easier

here is link :

HTML:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23145985&postcount=2