[ROM][BETA][AOKP][M6/ 4.0.4][09/09/12] Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G

Search This thread

strtkempo

Nov 17, 2009
Dfw
The lag can be overcome by following these basic rules- no live wallpaper, little to no Widgets, using an app like system tuner to see what runs in the background and freezing those apps with titanium and unfreezing them when you need them, change settings>performance>CPU to ondemand or performance (sacrificing battery), adjusting memory settings (spare parts or system tuner) to aggressive this kills apps in background faster when needed, Most important reboot your phone frequently ( with the way android caches apps and background processes this will help when phone gets too laggy). Do these and your rom will fly!:p

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

Last edited:

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
Agreed. The only thing left for me to do is fix the camera then I guess:p

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

strtkempo

Nov 17, 2009
Dfw
You'll get it done no worries. Its just great there's another rom on the horizon :D
Thank you!
Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda premium

beachbum40

Dec 9, 2011
cincinnati
I think its a part of the rom. Go into developer options and see if there's an option checked for flash screen on high use. That's how to turn it off in cm9 anyway

Sent from my Galaxy Exhibit running CM9 by jocala

Great work!! IT may just be me but this rom seems to have less lag and runs smoother than cm9. I also like the fact that this has rom control unlike cm9, I dont no why its not in cm9 i thought it was there in earlier builds. hmmmm oh well but your going to be the rom of choice for me soon as cam is working. thanks!!

torch2424

Jun 3, 2012
Great work! :) I want to experiment with aokp because Ive been a custimization nut lately, and I'll be trying it when the camera begins working :D (i suggest you ask jocala for help as he got it working in cm9) But thank you very much again, I wish you much success!!! :D <3

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
I got this from to have a 8-10 second boot time by odexing it. I'll upload once I get some bugs fixed. No luck in camera yet.

Last edited:

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
New Builds
DEODEXED- Slower boot time
AOKPM6_DEODEX_081812_IRX120.zip - 110.60 MB
ODEXED- Blazing Fast 12-20 second boot time
AOKPM6_ODEX_B081812_IRX120.zip - 101.87 MB

Not much changes added a few prebuilts but I need some testers for the odexed version.
You can add apks to the system the same way as a deodexed rom.
No luck on the camera I doubt it will ever work because of how jocala built the camera libs but I'll give it some more work tomorrow

Last edited:

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
ill try them out, aside from the boot times what's the difference between the 2 versions?

Nothing. Both have same apps and lib files I added some more prebuilts as well I think es file explorer is there as well. I hasn't noticed any lag at all so the only thing I need to fix Is camera

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9
Just loaded and played with the odex version for a few minutes. No more red screen flashing so thats very nice. I have not added or removed anything but it feels extremely fast so far with no changes at all. Thanks IRX120

cmikeh2

Feb 21, 2012
Colorado Springs
Root?

I'm having trouble getting root permissions for some reason on the new odexed ROM. On a clean build (ROMwiped, no GAPPS), I can't get root permissions in any app. After attempting to gain root with Zergrush, still no luck. I haven't tried the deodexed ROM yet (so don't know if it's just the odex process) and don't remember having this problem on an earlier build but just wanted to let you know.

IRX120

May 28, 2012
Atlanta
I tried the new odex version and can't get root access in es explorer or titanium backup

Worked for me I deleted system apps.
EDIT: only works on deodexed for the moment odexed is unrooted I'll have to do some modifing upload later

Sent from my Galaxy Exhibit running MIUI v4 by bmgreatness

Last edited:
Reactions: 954wrecker

cmikeh2

Feb 21, 2012
Colorado Springs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) for the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit (SGH-T679)
    I am doing some work on this in my spare time but there is no way for me to fix the camera to work for aokp.I have school as well. Once jocala gets a port of CM10 I will try and port AOKP jelly bean. Just don't expect it. This rom is stable and can be used as a daily driver if you don't mind the camera not working. It is an AOKP specific issue I presume and would require skills beyond what im capapible of to fix.

Thanks to...
    Jocala ( helped me ALOT )
    KemikalElite ( his previous work on aokp helped me out. )

What is AOKP?
    AOKP is similar to cm9 but with hundreds of themeing and customization options to choose from. The speed of AOKP is slightly faster than CM9 as well. For a full list of these features visit
    http://www.aokp.co

[WORKING]
    • Phone
    • MMS
    • SMS
    • GPS
    • Bluetooth
    • Rotation
    • ROM Control
    • Status Bar
    • EDGE, 3G, 4G (DATA)
    • Theme Manager
    • SD Card
    • Internel SD
    • External_SD
    • Wifi
    • Wifi Calling (May not work)
    • Video Editor
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Speakers
    • Headphones
    • Superuser/root
    • BT Audio (Untested)

[NOT WORKING]
    • USB Teathering
    • Camera (AOKP dosnt like the CM9 libs)
    • Emergency Calling [911 Calls]
      (The fix to this is have the direct numbers of your local fire and police stations available) jocala is working on a fix for this in CM9 and once he fixes it I'll post a new update.

Stuff to Know
    • Internal SD is mounted as /SD card
    • Externel SD is mounted as /emmc
    • Facebook Sync is not included in AOSP, there are alternatives in the market.
    • Just like CM9, text sometimes disappears in gmail and other apps. restart the app to fix this.
    • tapping the sign into wifi option results in a fc. You must manually sign into public access points via the browser

How To Install

• Download ClockworkMod Recovery

• Download the AOKP ROM

• Download Google APPs (Contact Sync,Setup,Play Store, ect.)

Stock Google APPs

Jocala's Custom Google APPs (With Google NOW and Maps)

[Flashing]
    1. Hold home and power buttons until the phone reboots and the Samsung logo appears.
    2. The stock recovery should then apear.
    3. make shure cwm recovery is on the internel SD card and from stock recovery flash the zip file (should be easy to figure out)
    4. reboot recovery again
    5. select backup and restore and do a backup.
    6. do a romwipe and then flash AOKP
    7. *flash gapps
    8. *reboot
    9. AOKP is installed now

I would recomend a ROMWIPE if installing over CM9/MIUI but it is not neccicary

ENJOY!!!!
    links

I've added this ROM as a WIP (work-in-progress) to the Galaxy Exhibit Info Post and the Galaxy Exhibit XDA Wiki

It's really great to see so much dev effort being put into our device!
    fixed sd and wifi works as will upload shortly once i get audio working right.
    maby see if camera will work in this as well.
    Updated Build fixed emmc not mounting
    OpenKang_081112_IRX120.zip - 111.96 MB
    enjoy please post any bugs you have here im working on the camera hope i can fix
    Hey IRX120

I was wondering if your build shows the carrier name? I noticed in other roms, the name is only displayed in digits (ie 302490)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

yes it does. with aokp you can also change it to anything you like