Change boot sounds

Search This thread

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
I've been having some fun playing with both power on and power off sounds, easy mod. Wish777 started it, but his thread kinda got buried in the general forum.
Take your favorite sound, ringtone, whatever, transcode it to an .ogg (there are online transcoders), rename to either PowerOn.ogg or PowerOff.ogg, put in system/media/audio/ui. I renamed the stock sounds to .bak in case I want to use them.
ALL CREDIT GOES TO WISH777 FROM HIS THREAD I DID NONE OF THIS!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1983308

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
Playing around with this some more, I can use ringtone maker, edit a song, save the ringtone, convert to .ogg, rename and put into system/media/ui in about 5 minutes. All the sounds are in the there, thinking about what sound to use as keypress sound. Maybe a fart?

Reactions: dvdmkr

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Playing around with this some more, I can use ringtone maker, edit a song, save the ringtone, convert to .ogg, rename and put into system/media/ui in about 5 minutes. All the sounds are in the there, thinking about what sound to use as keypress sound. Maybe a fart?

Lmao..I made my unlock sound to a gun reloading sound..
But I need some better effect.tick sounds so it sounds better

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
Now almost every button you push makes a laser shot sound. It's fun. Yea, I'm not very mature sometimes.
Cannot find the letter key sound for the keyboard, or the number keys on the dialer though, or I would change them,

x2h

Jun 22, 2007
Can you take a 0 byte text file and rename it with .ogg extention and replace the original files so that the power on and off sounds would be silent?

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
Just use root explorer and change them to .bak would probably work, but you can turn most of them off in settings.

nerys71

May 13, 2008
I can not get this to work. I renamed the PowerOn.ogg and copied my own into its place and set permissions but it still plays the samsung sound.

IIRC from my S2 there is something else you have to do erase rename etc.. to make this work. ???

GOT IT

Just an FYI in case others find this thread. on the SPRINT Note II changing poweron.ogg does nothing. there is ANOTHER poweron.ogg in the SPR folder (in the ui folder)

change THAT one and the sound changes :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been having some fun playing with both power on and power off sounds, easy mod. Wish777 started it, but his thread kinda got buried in the general forum.
    Take your favorite sound, ringtone, whatever, transcode it to an .ogg (there are online transcoders), rename to either PowerOn.ogg or PowerOff.ogg, put in system/media/audio/ui. I renamed the stock sounds to .bak in case I want to use them.
    ALL CREDIT GOES TO WISH777 FROM HIS THREAD I DID NONE OF THIS!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1983308