[KERNEL][TOUCHWIZ] PeanutButta Jelly

Search This thread

littleguevara

May 21, 2010
Re: [KERNEL][TW][2-18-13]PeanutButta Jelly

I know your gpu took a sh*t on you nuts but I wondered if you planned to fix battery stats resetting after a reboot?

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I know your gpu took a sh*t on you nuts but I wondered if you planned to fix battery stats resetting after a reboot?

No idea what you're talking about here. The battery stats aren't kernel controlled, and I've rebooted several times on my ROM/Kernel without the stats being reset. I'm going to need more info before I can even begin to try and "fix" the problem

littleguevara

May 21, 2010

No idea what you're talking about here. The battery stats aren't kernel controlled, and I've rebooted several times on my ROM/Kernel without the stats being reset. I'm going to need more info before I can even begin to try and "fix" the problem

Maybe I'm just crazy, but I get a hot reboot when I get this call from 1 certain number. From there the "gsiff daemon" starts going haywire. I've noticed the battery stats get reset that way. I apologize if it's not kernel related at all. I just have no idea how to pinpoint it.

I've downloaded a logcat app but like I said its only happened when I get a call from 1 number. Once I've pulled the log I'll upload it. Thanks for even looking into it if you can

ezas

Jan 14, 2011

With headphones plugged in, moving the headphone amplifier slider has NO effect.

Then Voodoo Sound (at least that part of it) is not working.

Note 2 - Nexus 7 - Charge - Player 5.0 - Fascinate
<><><><><><><><><><>
Read twice, flash once

BennyJr

Mar 29, 2010
Orlando FL
Maybe I'm just crazy, but I get a hot reboot when I get this call from 1 certain number. From there the "gsiff daemon" starts going haywire. I've noticed the battery stats get reset that way. I apologize if it's not kernel related at all. I just have no idea how to pinpoint it.

I've downloaded a logcat app but like I said its only happened when I get a call from 1 number. Once I've pulled the log I'll upload it. Thanks for even looking into it if you can

A hot reboot will mess with the stats sometimes.

Reactions: littleguevara

auzzybear31

Aug 14, 2011

It says extFAT cards wont work, is that the same ad FAT32 cards?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

hugeyeti

Feb 2, 2013
Somewhere warm

I come from jellybeans ROM v.12. I have TWRP already installed; if applicable, how do I avoid a "Status 7" error if I install this pjb kernel? I plan to use the Meanbean ROM with pjb so any input is greatly appreciated from veterans and expert integrators. :)

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III

I come from jellybeans ROM v.12. I have TWRP already installed; if applicable, how do I avoid a "Status 7" error if I install this pjb kernel? I plan to use the Meanbean ROM with pjb so any input is greatly appreciated from veterans and expert integrators. :)

Be in the latest TWRP

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

littleguevara

May 21, 2010

Post #2 man

ezas

Jan 14, 2011

It does work dude.. just give it time, it will start working on its own... i have no idea what makes it start working but all i know after a fresh flash, its working within 24 hours:good:

I'll test this on mine, see what result I get.

<><><><><><><><><><>
Read twice, flash once

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I compared all of the sound related files between my source and Saber Kernel, and while there were a couple differences, there wasn't anything that should be causing Voodoo Sound to not work. I need to look at it closer then. I'm also going to compare it with some other sources then as well, see if I can find something.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011

I compared all of the sound related files between my source and Saber Kernel, and while there were a couple differences, there wasn't anything that should be causing Voodoo Sound to not work. I need to look at it closer then. I'm also going to compare it with some other sources then as well, see if I can find something.

Thanks for working on this.

I flashed PBJ to see if voodoo will start working on its own per bulabone's post above. If you need me to try anything let me know.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

dawiseguy77

Dec 11, 2010

Was wondering if you were considering adding this boeffla sound that other kernels are implementing over voodoo? :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Reactions: ezas

imnuts

Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
I made one change to Voodoo Sound, looks like headphone detection may have been messed up. Changed it to the same as Saber kernel. It looks like Boeffla Sound may replace Voodoo Sound then as well. Has similar features but is newer and seems to have a nicer configuration app. AFAIK, all Voodoo Sound code is at least a year old.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011

Took a quick look at the features of boeffla. Looks good.

Active development = good

<><><><><><><><><><>
Read twice, flash once

DroidOnRoids

Dec 30, 2011
Baltimore, MD
New build up, change log is in the OP. I tried to update the toolchain I compile with as well, and everything worked great except for the camera. Going to try again later, but you can enjoy the other changes now.

Thanks for the new release, imnuts. Question though. MeanBean uses init.d for his CPU/wakelock control and your kernel does not support init.d. Is it safe to say your kernel will not cooperate with MeanBean? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a custom kernel based on the latest GT-N7100 sources for the Note 2. I've taken a lot of stuff out, so if you like playing around with changing 500 things on the kernel before you start using your phone, look somewhere else. It pulls in Beoffla Sound and Simple IO Scheduler and removes as much debugging stuff as possible, non-default CPU and IO schedulers, and Ext2 Support (Ext4 handles Ext2/3). I've also gotten rid of recovery over-write on boot and enabled adb root by default.

There is no overclocking support, overclocking is useless unless you're pumping up your e-peen. There is no undervolting support as it hasn't been shown to do anything useful on multi-core systems from everything I've seen. There is no init.d support as 90% of the init.d scripts are useless. It will continue using stock boot animations as well, though I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult to make stock android boot animations work. That may even be possible without any kernel changes anyway.

The only issue I've run into is that exFAT SDcards may not work with it. I've been trying to figure out why, but it is slow going when I don't have an exFAT card to test with. If anyone would like to help fix it, flash and get me full dmesg and logcats. If you don't know how to get those, but still want to help, see my SDK Guide for a general overview of what to do.

This kernel is built for TouchWiz ROMs, and should work on any available VZW ROM currently available. It works for VRALJB, VRALL4, and VRAMC3 from my own testing, let me know if you have issues on a TW ROM and I may be able to fix it. For a download, see below. I also am not posting in original development because IMO, that entire forum is useless and confusing.

[size=+2]Change log[/size]
    Initial Release

XZ Compression
    No worrying about exFAT (for now)
    Attempt to get rid of hot boots or full reboots that some people experience.

Drop Voodoo Sound, go to Boeffla Sound
    Increased SD Card read ahead for better performance
    Enabled Car Dock Charger support

Actually enable the car dock charging support this time
    Try and fix the lockups after long (>2 day) uptimes

Insignificant Config Change
    Build for many new models

Color Control

Make it so STweaks works, so you can use the new color controls

Update sources and ramdisk

exFAT support

[size=+2]Known Issues[/size]
    My Bank Account Balance

XDA:DevDB Information
    PeanutButta Jelly, a Kernel for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    imnuts, Samsung
    Kernel Special Features: Bare Bones, No Frills, Set it and Forget it

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2013-07-26

Created 2013-07-30
    Last Updated 2013-07-30
    [size=+2]FAQ[/size]
    I get a "Status 7" error when trying to install, WTF?
    Update your recovery. TWRP that is flashed via the unlock method does not process asserts properly (it was compiled for a different Note 2 model). This is meant to keep people from flashing this to the wrong device.

My exFAT SDcard isn't working :(
    See the OP, I need info to get exFAT to work properly. Until then, format your SDCard to FAT32

Where are all the options?
    You can't read, I already said there are none. This is flash and forget it.

This is the best thing since sliced bread, can I make it rain?
    Click the DONATE TO ME button to the left, or click here, it's appreciated, but not expected. Clicking thanks on the posts also works.

This thing is worse than Tub Girl, how do I go back to what I had before?
    Just reflash your old kernel. If you were on stock before, I've posted the stock kernels at the end of this post.

I'm having a problem, FIX IT NAO!!!1!
    Send me both the output from dmesg and logcat as well as details of what you do when you see the problem. Otherwise, the source is linked to below, fix it yourself.

Can we get XYZ feature added?
    Link to it, and I'll think about it.

[size=+2]Download[/size]
    0726 Build
    0519 Build
    0419 Build
    0408 Build
    0404 Build
    0330 Build
    0304 Build
    Original Release

[size=+1]Downloads for Other Carriers[/size]
    AT&T Note 2 (SGH-I317)
    International Note 2 (GT-N7100)
    International Note 2 LTE (GT-N7105)
    Sprint Note 2 (SPH-L900)
    T-Mobile Note 2 (SGH-T889)
    US Cellular Note 2 (SCH-R950)

[size=+2]Source[/size]
    Github

[size=+2]Stock Kernels[/size]
    VRALJB
    VRALL4
    VRAMC3
    looks pretty good would u mind if i modify the ramdisk and add init.d/bootanim support and have it as an option in my rom?

Go for it
    Here is a custom kernel based on the latest GT-N7100 sources for the Note 2. I've taken a lot of stuff out, so if you like playing around with changing 500 things on the kernel before you start using your phone, look somewhere else. It pulls in Voodoo Sound, Simple IO Scheduler, and Joe's Tiny RCU. I've also gotten rid of recovery over-write on boot and enabled adb root by default. It removes as much debugging stuff as possible, non-default CPU and IO schedulers, and Ext2 Support (Ext4 handles Ext2/3).

There is no overclocking support, overclocking is useless unless you're pumping up your e-peen. There is no undervolting support as it hasn't been shown to do anything useful on multi-core systems from everything I've seen. There is no init.d support as 90% of the init.d scripts are useless. It will continue using stock boot animations as well, though I'm sure it wouldn't be to difficult to make stock android boot animations work. That may even be possible without any kernel changes anyway.

The only issue I've run into is that exFAT SDcards may not work with it. I've been trying to figure out why, but it is slow going when I don't have an exFAT card to test with. If anyone would like to help fix it, flash and get me full dmesg and logcats. If you don't know how to get those, but still want to help, see my SDK Guide for a general overview of what to do.

This kernel is built for TouchWiz ROMs, and should work on any available VZW ROM currently available. It works for both VRALJB and VRALL4 from my own testing, let me know if you have issues on a TW ROM and I may be able to fix it. For a download, see below. I also am not posting in original development because IMO, that entire forum is useless and confusing.
    looks pretty good would u mind if i modify the ramdisk and add init.d/bootanim support and have it as an option in my rom?
    New build up. I believe it may fix the issues people see after extended periods of up-time, but it's kind of hard to test that in a couple minutes.