[Q] Poor Gaming performance on my play.

Search This thread

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
My xperia play has problems running certain games lika FIFA 12 and other downloaded games,constantly lagging in the middle of gameplay.I've looked around certain threads and most users don't face similar problems.

Now I've tried overclocking,deleting lots of bloatware and still have this problem.I then found out that the framerate drops a lot when i tested its graphic performance.

Is there a way to prevent the framerate to drastically fall when I play games like FIFA 12 because it's lagging really bad.Sorry if what I posted makes no sense.I just wanted my games to run the way they are supposed to.

Torombolo

Nov 25, 2011
Ive had similar issues now, the first 3 weeks was flawless no lag, nothing, recently it has been lagging a bit, but it happens some times... i jus try and close any programs running in the background and free the RAM.

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
Even though I've freed so much ram and even overclocked I'm getting the same issue.Been using for 5 months now and this started happening since the 3rd week as well.Since then I've been trying to reinstall the firmware,the apps,everything but to no avail.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
Ok thanks I'll see if it works cause I've tried it before and it didn't manage to work the first time.As I said the problem is with the framerate.

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
You shouldn't have to do all that. It sounds like there maybe is something wrong with your play.

A few things:

1. Clear your text messages. Having excessive messages jams this thing up quick, I have my limit set at 50 per convo and I delete any conversation I'm not actively participating in for a day or two

2. DO NOT KILL TASKS. This only makes the phone run worse. When you're playing a game its starting tasks from apps that want to update or whatever in the background which causes lag. It will take a few days to calibrate itself back but never kill tasks. The phone will allocate all the memory needed for whatever you're trying to run, this is not Windows you don't need to clear memory.

3. If you haven't already get yourself a Sandisk Class 4 memory card (Do not get a class 10). This is generally considered the optimal SD card for this device.

Doing these things only, my play is bone stock, WITH bloatware on it and all, and I only suffer very very very occasional stutter but otherwise no lag whatsoever.

Reactions: ahmfaris27

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
You shouldn't have to do all that. It sounds like there maybe is something wrong with your play.

A few things:

1. Clear your text messages. Having excessive messages jams this thing up quick, I have my limit set at 50 per convo and I delete any conversation I'm not actively participating in for a day or two

2. DO NOT KILL TASKS. This only makes the phone run worse. When you're playing a game its starting tasks from apps that want to update or whatever in the background which causes lag. It will take a few days to calibrate itself back but never kill tasks. The phone will allocate all the memory needed for whatever you're trying to run, this is not Windows you don't need to clear memory.

3. If you haven't already get yourself a Sandisk Class 4 memory card (Do not get a class 10). This is generally considered the optimal SD card for this device.

Doing these things only, my play is bone stock, WITH bloatware on it and all, and I only suffer very very very occasional stutter but otherwise no lag whatsoever.

Thanks I'll take it that to consideration.As I keep rebooting,repairing the phone as in reinstalling the software via SEMC,my messages are pretty much empty,removed bloatware,didn't run any task killer after advice given.And should I not use supercharger at all?I've been using it for awhile and it'll be a hassle removing it though it doesn't cause problems and does not improve performance significantly.

BTW,is the memory card an important factor here? I mean does it improve the gaming performance?I am actually having my games stuttering very very often and not actually lagging,so I don't think my phone's actually experiencing problems as suspected.Is the memory card that comes with the play any good?

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
Games don't run from the SD card, they are loaded into ram. so it shouldnt be a factor apart from loading times.

I see.The problem is,My games keep stuttering in every game that I've played with or without taskkiller and even when I've removed bloatware.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
I see.The problem is,My games keep stuttering in every game that I've played with or without taskkiller and even when I've removed bloatware.

It may just be a bad flash. I recently flashed the latest firmware, using flashtool and it was a mess, apps force closing everywhere laggy ui ect. I reflashed and everything was back to normal.

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
It may just be a bad flash. I recently flashed the latest firmware, using flashtool and it was a mess, apps force closing everywhere laggy ui ect. I reflashed and everything was back to normal.

Well mine was the generic firmware which my phone wasn't an unlocked bootloader so it was a stock one so I don't understand why they keep stuttering.

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
Still getting nothing good out of the games on my phone.Bummer.

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Again,is the memory card that important?

Games don't run from the SD card, they are loaded into ram. so it shouldnt be a factor apart from loading times.

With the factory SD card as well as my original replacement 16gb Class 2 card I noticed lag in games. Once I replaced it with a Class 4 card the lag was gone. The whole game, and not even the whole level loads to memory, the game still reads data from the SD card while the game is playing.

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
With the factory SD card as well as my original replacement 16gb Class 2 card I noticed lag in games. Once I replaced it with a Class 4 card the lag was gone. The whole game, and not even the whole level loads to memory, the game still reads data from the SD card while the game is playing.

Wow really?I might as well give it a go.Thanks!I'll report again if I still face the same problems.

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
Looks like there's no improvement despite changing the memory card.It may be the RAM,but I've freed so much memory and my games are still stuttering.

dcff0216-7bd5-5554.jpg

Here's the available RAM,that I've freed,together with the Class 4 SD card.Even Sims 3 lags now,which didn't when I got the phone..

EDIT:I'm running on locked bootloader with zergrush rooted and running on both Stock Kernel and ROM.

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

Apr 4, 2011
New York
Looks like there's no improvement despite changing the memory card.It may be the RAM,but I've freed so much memory and my games are still stuttering.

dcff0216-7bd5-5554.jpg

Here's the available RAM,that I've freed,together with the Class 4 SD card.Even Sims 3 lags now,which didn't when I got the phone..

EDIT:I'm running on locked bootloader with zergrush rooted and running on both Stock Kernel and ROM.

You don't need to clear out RAM with Android, you don't even need a task killer. Android manages its memory for you. Its possible you're experiencing lag because Android is getting screwed up by tasks being stopped and started. Continually killing apps can even corrupt them eventually (happened on my Motorola Droid)

I have the same amount of free ram as you right now, and I never ever stop or kill tasks, and my phone is bone stock. By lag are you getting an occasional stutter (like at the title screen of some games) or does the actual game run jerky. I get a title screen stutter on some games, but who cares. VERY occasionally the game stutters for 1/2 a second, it doesn't do much if anything in terms of playability.

I'm honestly at a loss, maybe your phone is defective, otherwise this should have stopped the issue.

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011
Very occasional stutter in game actually.This happens so occasionally in the game that the controls responded a few seconds later after each moment it stutters,resulting in my character usually making an extra move which sometimes costs me.Everything else runs fine.By that I mean normal applications such as the android market and whatnot.Obviously, I wouldn't care much if the phone stutters during the startup of the game only.

Last edited:

DesmondH2O

Sep 20, 2011
i'm experiencing this too.....asphalt 6 is driving me crazy cause it always stutter on important moment and I crash my car the next few secs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

A few things:

You could also try setting your min in setcpu to a higher number as I used to get bad lag when I had it too low.
    Very occasional stutter in game actually.This happens so occasionally in the game that the controls responded a few seconds later after each moment it stutters,resulting in my character usually making an extra move which sometimes costs me.Everything else runs fine.By that I mean normal applications such as the android market and whatnot.Obviously, I wouldn't care much if the phone stutters during the startup of the game only.

If its very occasional I would say it runs the same as mine.

I don't think theres a way for it to get any better. While mine stutters occasionally screwing up my game slightly, I guess I just ignore it and keep going. I assumed yours was worse because you said constantly lagging but now you're telling me its very occasional. When mine stutters its usually only for a fraction of a second an really doesn't throw me off much. I believe thats normal.
    Min?You mean by supercharging or setCPU?What did you set your min to and is your bootloader unlocked?Mine stutters for more then a second actually.

And is any class 4 SD card fine other than SanDisk's?They have imation's and much cheaper,so I'm curious whether that matters as well.I need to make sure of this or it might be a waste of my money.

Theres a thread somewhere on here that someone did a test between SD cards and found Sandisk to be the best and most consistent. They used another name brand (Kingston I think) that did not perform as well. I would say that an Imation would not be as good as a Sandisk, there is a reason Sandisk cards are consistently preferred to be used here and by other phone groups.