[ROM] CM10 STABLE for Note i717 (Quincy)

Search This thread
B

btswein

So that kernel mentioned in the first post, do I just use ODIN to flash that? Is it CWM based?

Sorry, I am new to this. I'm currently stock, unrooted 4.0.4.

EDIT: that link to that kernel doesn't work.

Last edited:

tblumer

Jun 7, 2008
Syracuse NY
I'm on the latest stable build. I'll get a random crash while using Chrome and sometimes watching an embedded youtube video in chrome. My phone will reboot and say that I have low battery and shut down. This could happen even on a fully charged battery. What gives?

Dec 26, 2012
Bay Area, CA
I posted an announcement thread in the general section when it was released, however it seems many don't know this was released.

I am in no way responsible for what happens to your phone, nor is Cyanogen. I'm simply relaying the ROM. Your brick is your problem :cool:

CM10 Direct Download from Cyanogen: http://get.cm/get/jenkins/12699/cm-10.0.0-quincyatt.zip

CM GApps Download: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Thanks to Flapjaxxx for a badass JB kernel I can attest works great with CM10
http://goo.im/devs/flappjaxxx/i717/kernel/JB

Where can I get the GApps, I can't download from goo

Nobody uses CM10 anymore.

There's CM11, but I'd suggest this ROM, he pays special attention to bluetooth.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2609761

Hey thanx for your reply. Actually BT started working, nothing in particular I did that I can recall.

I like CM11 but for the camcorder not working. The wife would rather have it so it's 10 for now until a fix (unless there's a working fix I haven't seen yet?).

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Hey thanx for your reply. Actually BT started working, nothing in particular I did that I can recall.

I like CM11 but for the camcorder not working. The wife would rather have it so it's 10 for now until a fix (unless there's a working fix I haven't seen yet?).

Yeah, looks like camcorder is still broken, but I know his AOKP 4.3 it works fine.

Yeah, looks like camcorder is still broken, but I know his AOKP 4.3 it works fine.

4.3 works, I definitely want to try that. I followed your Androxfer.in account and found that for AOKP 4.3 i717 is not included, but only for 4.2 (I had tried that with the same no camcorder result)

Now is a link for 4.3 for i717? I appreciate your time, thanx!

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Hey thanx for the link. I have flashed this rom but I am little trouble - every time I attempt to launch an app the screen goes blank. I have posted the details under that forum post (since this one is CM) here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50625240

Dunno, I never had issues like that. Did you make sure you flashed the right gapps? He suggests some in case you're not sure. Also make sure you did a factory reset, a dirty flash coming from another ROM is never a good idea.

Dunno, I never had issues like that. Did you make sure you flashed the right gapps? He suggests some in case you're not sure. Also make sure you did a factory reset, a dirty flash coming from another ROM is never a good idea.

Actually I haven't flashed GAPPS yet. I am thinking maybe issue is the super user file I am using? Which one do you use and do you have a link?

All custom roms have built-in superuser stuff, don't flash anything for that. Use what is built in.

Ok. Since I had already flashed a superuser zip how do I get rid of it?
Normally I clean install-format system. data, cache, davlik-will that do?
Do all custom roms also come with a radio because I had flashed a TMO UVLE for unlocking purpose.

Last edited:

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
Ok. Since I had already flashed it how do I get rid of it?
Do all custom roms also come with a radio because I had flashed a TMO UVLE for unlocking purpose.

No, ROMs generally don't have modems in them.. Update it separately, before or after the flash.

What I'd suggest is formatting /system in your recovery, then re-flash the AOKP 4.3 and nothing else. Make sure it works. Then flash the suggested GAPPS.

Same problem - blank screen after attempting to load any app. I have now flashed CM10 and yet the same problem. I think the Tmobile modem is the issue. On reading around I realized one thing I never do that I should and will, that is backing up the modem/EFS before attempting anything. I hadn't done that with this phone. I thought I was getting the hang of custom roms but I did miss a couple of steps and I don't want to antagonize a situation. I am thinking these are my options now but I am not so sure,

1-Look for an ATT stock modem online and flash that or

2-Use Kies to restore? (I am hoping that that should restore the stock modem? I don't mind rooting it again from there)

3-Should I back up I have another i717 ATT stock ICS (rooted, stock ICS) that I can extract the modem from and flash that to the troublesome i717.
The details on that are here but I am not sure if this is the correct stock modem.
20140225_200332.jpg

What is the best option? Again I am just trying to be careful before I mess this more than they are now.

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
I doubt the modem has anything to do with your issue it shouldn't chase you to have a black screen when opening apps ..I'd re download the ROM and go into cwm full wipe every thing flash ROM and gapps .reboot then go into cwm flash Att modem

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I posted an announcement thread in the general section when it was released, however it seems many don't know this was released.

I am in no way responsible for what happens to your phone, nor is Cyanogen. I'm simply relaying the ROM. Your brick is your problem :cool:

CM10 Direct Download from Cyanogen: http://get.cm/get/jenkins/12699/cm-10.0.0-quincyatt.zip

CM GApps Download: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Thanks to Flapjaxxx for a badass JB kernel I can attest works great with CM10
    http://goo.im/devs/flappjaxxx/i717/kernel/JB
    Somewhere I saw a suggestion to flash the h0tcakez-JB-Kernel-v3-Redux.zip kernel and that might fix the music player crashing on first load problem. I have a general kernel flashing question (since I've never flashed a kernel separate from a ROM). Can you flash a kernel "dirty", i.e. just flash it right over what you already have (this ROM) without clearing caches, etc?

The music player crashing is a non-kernel issue and is easily fixed by editing two lines in your build.prop

Change these two lines:
    lpa.decode=true
    lpa.use-stagefright=true

-to-

lpa.decode=false
    lpa.use-stagefright=false
    Any idea when 10.1 is coming out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Tonight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
    After several weeks, I figured out how to do the following:
    • double battery life without changing anything about my usage settings or habits
    • achieve complete stability with zero FCs or reboots
    • improve my camera's functionality including: more crisp photos, more camera functions, better camera interface.
    • complete overclock and undervolt control
    • permanently fix video overlay problem
    • Samsung Note native apps now work (even though they are pretty bad)

At the expense of:

• Google Now no longer works
    • notification pull-down menu not quite as pretty
    • a few less interface options (no system font size with default UI, no notification bar button config by default, no power button for camera shutter, etc)
    • lacking a few more superfluous options (can't center Notification bar clock, no extra rows in pattern unlock, etc)

By now you probably guessed what I did: I installed the flapjaxx rom: FJMod-B7

I am grateful to have the opportunity to play with CM10 the past couple months and also thankful for the nightly updates. However, the stable version is anything but stable, and the cons outweigh the pros for someone who values the former bullet points more than the latter. I'll wait for the source release (if it ever comes).

You get paid for that shameless plug?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
    The latest have been more stable and it has more features. There will always be reboots as long as modded ics kernels are used

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium