[SOLVED][Q] How debranded HTC One from Voodafone UK

Search This thread

Wielki.Brat

Nov 21, 2009
Bournemouth/Poole
Hi Guys
I have my Gold HTC One from Voodafone UK and this phone is branded to this network, now I want ask you guys that is possible Debranded this phone and flash stock rom? If I do this after update via OTA will be work? What steps I spouse to doing first?

I lookong this all answer for my question on this forum and I can't find clear information about this how debranded this phone.
Please give me some tips.

I know that first step this is unlock bootloader and after ....? What flashing custom ? or maybe S-Off? or maybe first doing nandroid backup? or chage CID ?

I don't know with step spouse to be second and next and next.

Thanks for any advice.

P.S First and main question is : This is Possible debranded to Factory rom and get OTA Update after?

Last edited:

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi Guys
I have my Gold HTC One from Voodafone UK and this phone is branded to this network, now I want ask you guys that is possible Debranded this phone and flash stock rom? If I do this after ppdate via OTA will be work? What steps I spouse to doing first?

I lookong this all answer for my question on this forum and I can't find clear information about this how debranded this phone.
Please give me some tips.

I know that first step this is unlock bootloader and after ....? What flashing custom ? or maybe S-Off? or maybe first doing nandroid backup? or chage CID ?

I don't know with step spouse to be second and next and next.

Thanks for any advice.

P.S First and main question is : This is Possible debranded to Factory roma and get OTA Update after?

yes it is possible, can you start by posting a "fastboot getvar all" (remove IMEI and s/n)

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Can You write me how doing this under mac? I don't have now my windows laptop . Thanks

same as you would on windows (or even linux), by opening a terminal, and typing:
fastboot getvar all

then copy/paste the output here (except IMEI and s/n).

you'll need to be quite comfortable with adb & fastboot commands to do this, so I recommend you to some research on what adb & fastboot are, how to install them on mac, and test them.
depending on your hboot version you may also need an Ubuntu Live USB

first get familiar with terms, such as bootloader, adb & fastboot, etc.
and once you're comfortable using them, we can proceed

Reactions: Wielki.Brat

Wielki.Brat

Nov 21, 2009
Bournemouth/Poole
Ok it's work hire is :
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.63.161.6
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ***************
(bootloader) imei: ******************
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: VODAP001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4054mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-ea0bccbd
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Ok it's work hire is :

well, here are the steps:
1- unlock using HTCdev

2- get s-off using rumrunner (hopefully, cause you're on a 3.63 firmware, which may or may not work)
----> since you're on mac, you're going to need an Ubuntu Live USB, you can check here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606577
---------> you may need to root your rom, and flash an unsecured kernel

3- if S-Off is achieved, you can continue either with mac or linux, you'll need to change CID to a .401. (WWE unbranded), depending on the language set you want, it can be any of the following:
Code:
HTC__001  -->  HTC-WWE
HTC__016  -->  VODA-Africa-South
HTC__032  -->  HTC-EastEurope
HTC__102  -->  HTC-GER
HTC__203  -->  HTC-FRA
HTC__304  -->  HTC-SPA
HTC__405  -->  HTC-ITA
HTC__A07  -->  HTC-Russia
HTC__E11  -->  HTC-Dutch
HTC__J15  -->  HTC-GCC
HTC__Y13  -->  HTC-Nor
using:
fastboot oem writecid HTC__001 <- whatever CID you choose from the above
fastboot reboot-bootloader

4- because hboot is already 1.55, you'll need to downgrade that first (and separately): check post #1 in my guide for link and instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

5- use http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip...1-27_10-31-1131-05_release_310878_signed-zip/
to flash the full unbranded RUU to your phone, using ruu mode, check post #3 in my guide for fastboot commands (locking etc not needed unless you insist)

6- stay S-OFF!!!

Wielki.Brat

Nov 21, 2009
Bournemouth/Poole
Big Thankf for You I thinking that now this Steps help me and other user with looking how debranded HTC One .
Thansk
When I finish I let know that work or not :)

Is any chance that something may going wrong and I kill my phone? I have HTC One from long time but now I decidend to take and debranded phone, all what I doing in past this is unlock Bootloader. :)

P.S in step 4 its spouse to back to 1.44?

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Big Thankf for You I thinking that now this Steps help me and other user with looking how debranded HTC One .
Thansk
When I finish I let know that work or not :)

Is any chance that something may going wrong and I kill my phone? I have HTC One from long time but now I decidend to take and debranded phone, all what I doing in past this is unlock Bootloader. :)

P.S step 5 its spouse to back to 1.44?

there's always "a chance" of bricking, but highly unlikely, other users & myself have done this quite a few times. S-Off is the key, and staying S-Off is your "get out of jail" card, just dont mess with wrong hboots, or try going S-On.

step 5 will get your phone entirely back to 1.xx, but you'll receive OTA updates back to 3.xx (and later to 4.xx)

Wielki.Brat

Nov 21, 2009
Bournemouth/Poole
Sorry I write there wrong step number I ask about step 4 and change Hboot , now I got 1.55 and You write in step 4 that I need change this That correct if yes then I need change on Hboot 1.44 ?
Thanks and sorry for stupid question :):good:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Sorry I write there wrong step number I ask about step 4 and change Hboot , now I got 1.55 and You write in step 4 that I need change this That correct if yes then I need change on Hboot 1.44 ?
Thanks and sorry for stupid question :):good:

yes, better to downgrade hboot first: I'm not sure it matters with the RUU.ZIP method, but with RUU.EXE (on Windows) if you are on hboot 1.55 the EXE will give an error (because of a patch in hboot 1.55)

even if it is not necessary for RUU.ZIP, there's no harm in downgrading hboot to 1.44 first, it'll only take a couple of seconds anyway, and then you can continue.

remember to flash TWICE in "fastboot oem rebootRUU" mode, as mentioned.

first get S-Off, then we can deal with the rest

Wielki.Brat

Nov 21, 2009
Bournemouth/Poole
yes, better to downgrade hboot first: I'm not sure it matters with the RUU.ZIP method, but with RUU.EXE (on Windows) if you are on hboot 1.55 the EXE will give an error (because of a patch in hboot 1.55)

even if it is not necessary for RUU.ZIP, there's no harm in downgrading hboot to 1.44 first, it'll only take a couple of seconds anyway, and then you can continue.

remember to flash TWICE in "fastboot oem rebootRUU" mode, as mentioned.

first get S-Off, then we can deal with the rest

Ok Thanks for this, I try this steps tomorrow now I need going to work ( night shift ) :(

bygrave

Oct 14, 2012
hello if im on hboot 155
s.off and super cid am i still ok to use this methed,,thanks

bygrave

Oct 14, 2012
s-off = you can do whatever you like

if you want to receive OTA updates, you need to change CID to whatever you are flashing.

thanks so i dont need to downgrade hboot thanks

HTC.ONE.ALL.V.jpg

Wielki.Brat

Nov 21, 2009
Bournemouth/Poole
When I doning all this steps and everthing going ok and my HTC will be full Factory product then can I back to S-on or you recommend stay on S-Off ?
Its any stupid red warning notification on phone when I doing S-Off or any this steps?
Thanks

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
When I doning all this steps and everthing going ok and my HTC will be full Factory product then can I back to S-on or you recommend stay on S-Off ?
Its any stupid red warning notification on phone when I doing S-Off or any this steps?
Thanks

Recommend you stay S-Off, in case you need to change something in the future.

Wielki.Brat

Nov 21, 2009
Bournemouth/Poole

Is any warning sing later when phone start ( like have samsung and you need use tringle away app) after unlock bootloader and S-off
Yep I'm o most ready to do this just finish download Ubuntu and have and ...... , I record some YouTube video to show all interesed how this steps look:) Thanks

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Is any warning sing later when phone start ( like have samsung and you need use tringle away app) after unlock bootloader and S-off
Yep I'm o most ready to do this just finish download Ubuntu and have and ...... , I record some YouTube video to show all interesed how this steps look:) Thanks

No warning or anything, the only thing with S-Off, is that "HTC Error Reporting" will be turned on, and you cannot turn it off, but who cares :p

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Ok Thanks for this information, but it is theoretically possible back to S-On and after phone look like from factory? I ask i case if after this I decided sale phone.
Thanks

yes you can, BUT you have to do it at the right time; if your hboot is 1.55+ and you go from S-Off to S-On, after a few reboots a "tamper detected - rebooting" is likely to occur, and TAMPERED will be back in bootloader.
so you'll need to downgrade first, set s-on, and then take OTAs.

you can check my guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082 on instruction of how to make your phone 100% "out of the box" including s-on, and when to do it.

PS: you can either rebrand your phone or keep it unbranded, that shouldnt matter, as far as i know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can You write me how doing this under mac? I don't have now my windows laptop . Thanks

same as you would on windows (or even linux), by opening a terminal, and typing:
    fastboot getvar all

then copy/paste the output here (except IMEI and s/n).

you'll need to be quite comfortable with adb & fastboot commands to do this, so I recommend you to some research on what adb & fastboot are, how to install them on mac, and test them.
    depending on your hboot version you may also need an Ubuntu Live USB

first get familiar with terms, such as bootloader, adb & fastboot, etc.
    and once you're comfortable using them, we can proceed
    Ok it's work hire is :

well, here are the steps:
    1- unlock using HTCdev

2- get s-off using rumrunner (hopefully, cause you're on a 3.63 firmware, which may or may not work)
    ----> since you're on mac, you're going to need an Ubuntu Live USB, you can check here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606577
    ---------> you may need to root your rom, and flash an unsecured kernel

3- if S-Off is achieved, you can continue either with mac or linux, you'll need to change CID to a .401. (WWE unbranded), depending on the language set you want, it can be any of the following:
    Code:
    HTC__001  -->  HTC-WWE
    HTC__016  -->  VODA-Africa-South
    HTC__032  -->  HTC-EastEurope
    HTC__102  -->  HTC-GER
    HTC__203  -->  HTC-FRA
    HTC__304  -->  HTC-SPA
    HTC__405  -->  HTC-ITA
    HTC__A07  -->  HTC-Russia
    HTC__E11  -->  HTC-Dutch
    HTC__J15  -->  HTC-GCC
    HTC__Y13  -->  HTC-Nor
    using:
    fastboot oem writecid HTC__001 <- whatever CID you choose from the above
    fastboot reboot-bootloader

4- because hboot is already 1.55, you'll need to downgrade that first (and separately): check post #1 in my guide for link and instructions http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

5- use http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu-zip...1-27_10-31-1131-05_release_310878_signed-zip/
    to flash the full unbranded RUU to your phone, using ruu mode, check post #3 in my guide for fastboot commands (locking etc not needed unless you insist)

6- stay S-OFF!!!
    hello if im on hboot 155
    s.off and super cid am i still ok to use this methed,,thanks

s-off = you can do whatever you like

if you want to receive OTA updates, you need to change CID to whatever you are flashing.
    Thanks

Ok Thanks for this information, but it is theoretically possible back to S-On and after phone look like from factory? I ask i case if after this I decided sale phone.
    Thanks

yes you can, BUT you have to do it at the right time; if your hboot is 1.55+ and you go from S-Off to S-On, after a few reboots a "tamper detected - rebooting" is likely to occur, and TAMPERED will be back in bootloader.
    so you'll need to downgrade first, set s-on, and then take OTAs.

you can check my guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082 on instruction of how to make your phone 100% "out of the box" including s-on, and when to do it.

PS: you can either rebrand your phone or keep it unbranded, that shouldnt matter, as far as i know.