failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)'

Search This thread

crimsondr

May 6, 2010
Sideload worked the first time I tried it. Now it just gives me the protocol error every time.

rritambhar

Sep 16, 2014
Just A Heads UP

so.... I screwed up & wiped my dna. no recovery img, nothing left on it a side from recovery.

i have team win v2.5.0.0

been trying to use adb sideload to install another rom. my pc recognizes the phone & i get adb running. been trying this method:

going to "advanced" in recovery, then:

adb /kill-server
adb usb

starting up "adb sideload",
adb devices
adb sideload (romname)

every single time, it keeps saying - *failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *

anyone else experience this and know how to fix it?

FIXED!!!!!!!!
--------------------------

Rather then do "sideload", I just stayed in 'Advanced' and performed:

adb /kill-server
adb usb
adb push (romname) /sdcard

it successfully copied the rom to the sdcard folder, then I was able to install the rom just fine.
adb push in this mode takes a really long time to push the contents to /sdcard. my 800+mb rom took 370secs to finish ! so everyone needs to be patient! :good::eek:

shubhra383

Dec 9, 2014
Had the same prob on my mmx a310 (rebranded coolpad f1)

thanks bro.. saved me a lot of time and
so.... I screwed up & wiped my dna. no recovery img, nothing left on it a side from recovery.

i have team win v2.5.0.0

been trying to use adb sideload to install another rom. my pc recognizes the phone & i get adb running. been trying this method:

adb /kill-server
adb usb

adb devices
adb sideload (romname)

every single time, it keeps saying - *failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)' *

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
adb usb

it successfully copied the rom to the sdcard folder, then I was able to install the rom just fine.

robbithobbit16

Nov 5, 2014

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
adb usb

adb devices
adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
adb usb

I did push and in /sdcard it has sideload.zip, would that be it?

jeffreylec

Apr 14, 2015
Atlanta
Code:
adb /kill-server
adb usb

I was trying to push a folder of .zips to /sdcard/ and this worked great and removed the 'protocol failure.' It also transferred faster than previous times? I don't if that is the
Code:
adb usb
or it's just so happen to be faster this time (300mb+ of files).

I changed
Code:
/kill-server
to
Code:
kill-server
, which works. I also did
Code:
adb root
. I don't know if that makes a difference, I have it enabled for ADB only.

Anyway, thanks!

ahmed0ali

Jun 2, 2015
bro thanks but

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
adb usb

adb devices
adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
adb usb

it says error : closed

sudeep22

Feb 26, 2015
sd-cadrd

PLease help me , my mobile card cuircit have problem and also i have very less space in internal sd card. 32 mb only , so please suggest the solution for this error, one more thing i flashed my stock recovery then sideload working perfectly but it faild with some error and in custom ctr 2.1 it s givning above error, please suggest

Stanley1997

Feb 25, 2016
Hi,
I erased some system files during rooting. I had tried adb sideload to put back the ROM and it returned "failed to write data 'protocol fault (no status)'".
I tried push command after using kill-server, start-server and usb. It still didn't work and returned "error: device closed"
I even tried flash tool and it still didn't work because my phone couldn't talk to the computer.
Can anyone help me to fix this problem?
Thanks
Stanley
manonwong@yahoo.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

adb devices
    adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

adb devices
    adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

Thanks man... you just saved me a ton of trouble. Tried this on the Nexus 4 and works like a charm! :good:
    just wanted to say thanks!

for some odd reason, my twrp (even though its the latest for my nexus7 grouper) had the same flashing no status error)

used the kill, usb, and push commands to copy over 3 different zips (rom,kernel,gapps) and it all copied over ready to flash

thanks!

seriously thanks mate! work like charm :good::good:

i have team win v2.5.0.0

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

adb devices
    adb sideload (romname)

FIXED!!!!!!!!

adb /kill-server
    adb usb

Thanks man. You're lifesaver :)