[.netCF 3.5] Sense Interface SDK v1.50 (03.19.2011) [HTC's Sense UI Look 'n Feel]

Search This thread

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
On the toolbox, i only see " pointer" and "myPanelButton" for the Sense Controls..:(

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
1.36 is working well for me, but I still need to try your time controls, they should be perfect for me now.

Sensepanelitem still doesn't size right, am I doing something wrong? Check out the attachment.

Attachments

• ScreenShot18.Png
    ScreenShot18.Png
    40 KB · Views: 76

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
I have that too. I guess it was only meant to be one primary line and one secondary one and the text gets centered for that height. It would be great if it was centered for the whole text height or if one could influence the placement - or can one already?

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
I have that too. I guess it was only meant to be one primary line and one secondary one and the text gets centered for that height. It would be great if it was centered for the whole text height or if one could influence the placement - or can one already?

I'd love 1 line for the Primary Text as it won't take line breaks IIRC and the rest filled with secondary text. Of if we could control the size of both would be cool too.

JacE25

May 6, 2010
Hannover
Thx for the update ed,
looks like my issue is resolved, thank you!

Another suggestion:
It would be great if you could also use the SensePanelTimeItem for entering floating point numbers, for example 1.26 miles, or 4.56 m. Would it be possible to incorporate something like the next version?There would basically not so much changes. Something like that would certainly be very convenient.

meltwater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2009
Ok fellow developers... v1.36 is up for testing!
Regards,
Ed
Ed,
I'm hoping to feature your SDK in the next release of the facebook tab, I hope my software skills are good enough to do your hardwork justice. Also I shall try to ensure recognition is included and passed on where-ever possible.

At the moment, long way off from release and will take me some time to learn how to use your controls, but worth it to leave behind the ms forms.
Excellent work!

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
hey eboelzner, can you plz add a feature to have the Text headers at the left of the textbox and not above them like an option?

they take too much space. i would like to have an option to choose if i want it on top or on the left.

thank you

eboelzner

Retired Recognized Developer
May 19, 2008
Manchester
OnePlus 10 Pro
Ed,
I'm hoping to feature your SDK in the next release of the facebook tab, I hope my software skills are good enough to do your hardwork justice. Also I shall try to ensure recognition is included and passed on where-ever possible.

At the moment, long way off from release and will take me some time to learn how to use your controls, but worth it to leave behind the ms forms.
Excellent work!

Thanks for the kind words... I look forward to your new release as I use your excellent Facebook tab in my ROMS for the Imagio and TP2!

Let me return the favor and offer my testing services...

TeDeV

Aug 27, 2007
Athens
how about that we can set it manually? for example i can have a big header text, and a very small textbox. or the other way around. so i guess i need to be able to set the width to both of them

eboelzner

Retired Recognized Developer
May 19, 2008
Manchester
OnePlus 10 Pro
how about that we can set it manually? for example i can have a big header text, and a very small textbox. or the other way around. so i guess i need to be able to set the width to both of them

Well... When the layout style is set to LabelLeft, I will honor the LabelWidth property, then I will set the textbox width as follows...

Textbox.Width = List.Width - Label.Width

for starters...

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
This looks excellent. I want to develop a little app for my phone, just as a bit of fun really. I'm a bit confused however how to use it within an application that I am writing. Sorry to sound stupid, but could anyone explain how to include it in a project (and what language I should write in, C++ or C#?). Where should this SDK be copied to on my system also? Does it need to be within the Visual Studio folder? I am going to hopefully use this in an app that I hope to write over the summer (I need something to do until September).

Last edited:

mike3000c

Jan 12, 2010
excellent SDK for wm.
i had to work with this SDK to develop my first wm program. your demo source is so nice for starter.

can i have some sample of SenseAPIs.SenseImage class.
as i using SenseAPIs.SenseImage.GetIImageFromResource("qvga_regedit") or SenseAPIs.SenseImage.GetIImageFromResource("SmartDeviceProject2.Resources.qvga_regedit.png") also get the error of resource not find.

i had embed the resource on the project. By using "_getIImageFromResource" method is successful to get the image.
Code:
string name = "qvga_regedit"; //change to "SmartDeviceProject2.Resources.qvga_regedit.png" also not work
SensePanelItem AboutContent = new SensePanelItem();
AboutContent.IThumbnail = SenseAPIs.SenseImage.GetIImageFromResource(name);
//successful call below:
AboutContent.IThumbnail = this._getIImageFromResource(this._isVGA() ? "vga_regedit" : "qvga_regedit");

Attachments

• mike_demo_error.png
    mike_demo_error.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 39

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro
This looks excellent. I want to develop a little app for my phone, just as a bit of fun really. I'm a bit confused however how to use it within an application that I am writing. Sorry to sound stupid, but could anyone explain how to include it in a project (and what language I should write in, C++ or C#?). Where should this SDK be copied to on my system also? Does it need to be within the Visual Studio folder? I am going to hopefully use this in an app that I hope to write over the summer (I need something to do until September).

I'll pm you later mate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the delay getting this update to you guys... have been VERY busy, but here ya go... Version 1.5!!!

Lot's of bug fixes, and some new features too!!

In the ROM that I cook for the Imagio, I have replaced this version for RSS Tab, Facebook Tab, and Cookie Home Tab Editor... with no issues, actually fixes a bug in CHTEditor 2.0!!!!!

Take care... Ed
    i'm still having issue with my toolbox doesn't show up the controls when creating .net 3.5 project. how to solve this?

The toolbox does not work with this SDK, it is a known problem. Once you've got through a few examples the toolbox isn't quite as important.
    COM Exception

Hey there eboelzner!

First of all, congratulations for this SDK, it's quite cool.
    Thank you for contributing this.

I'm in the creation of my first app with it, but encountered a problem,
    perhaps with the thumbnails. If I add thumbnails to the items, I got an

Unhandled COM exception

Code:
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem._getImageSize()
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem.OnRender(Graphics g)
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl._renderGraphics()
       at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
       at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
       at NewsPaperReporter.Program.Main()

Any ideas? If I remove the thumbnails, the problem is gone, but I want to use the thumbnails because it's much more impressive with them :)

I'm using the 1.39 version.

Another question. How can I apply the theme you posted?

Thanks in advance, regards,

Rico from Hungary.
    I fill a Panel with filenames and by clicking on a panel item I want to open the file, the problem is that I can't send any variables to the EventHandler function.

Code:
    for (int i = 1; i <= 7; i++)
    {
                    MyPanelItem1 itm = new MyPanelItem1();

// base properties
                    itm.ButtonAnimation = true;
                    itm.Name = "PanelItem" + i.ToString("0#");
                    itm.ShowSeparator = true;

// MyPanelItem1 properties
                    switch (i) {
                        case 1:
                            itm.Thumbnail = iimg;
                            itm.PrimaryText = string.Format("Primary Text for '{0}'", itm.Name);
                            itm.SecondaryText = string.Format("This is the Secondary Text for '{0}'", itm.Name);
                            break;

... etc.
                    }
                    itm.OnClick += new MyPanelItem1.ClickEventHandler(OnClickGeneric);

this.senseListCtrl.AddItem(itm);

void OnClickGeneric(object sender)
    {
         // Here is my Code - I want to get the "on-clicked" Filename
    }

if for example you put in PrimaryText the filename you can replace your function OnClickGeneric with this:

Code:
    void OnClickGeneric(object Sender)
    {
    MyPanelItem1  itm = (Sender as MyPanelItem1 );
    // itm.PrimaryText <- This is your FileName.
    }
    It's not possible my friend !
    This SDK is designed for c# with framework.Net 3.5 !