HTC One X functions fine but won't charge at all

Search This thread

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
Guys, my one x just ran into a devastating issue, and by the looks of it, so did my £1500 pc rig. As I plugged my phone into its charger the computer shut off and the phone refused to charge. No sign at all. (just to be clear I did NOT plug it into the PC) The one x is on 4% battery and will probably cut off in 5 minutes. I need help urgently, (my pc needs a new PSU as well) I've tried plugging it into other chargers but that doesn't work. I used the main charger on other phones and they still charge fine.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_225 using Tapatalk

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
Guys, my one x just ran into a devastating issue, and by the looks of it, so did my £1500 pc rig. As I plugged my phone into its charger the computer shut off and the phone refused to charge. No sign at all. (just to be clear I did NOT plug it into the PC) The one x is on 4% battery and will probably cut off in 5 minutes. I need help urgently, (my pc needs a new PSU as well) I've tried plugging it into other chargers but that doesn't work. I used the main charger on other phones and they still charge fine.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_225 using Tapatalk

a few questions did you try other chargers,have you rooted you phone and install a recovery and did your pc shutdown normally or did he just go black

xaffer

May 14, 2014
Not trying to state the obvious but ... try another power outlet and another charger perhaps?

Maybe a voltage spike in your power line killed the charger for your phone and the PSU of your PC, or just tripped the CB of your extension cord?

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
Tried multiple chargers, cables, and outlets. Rooting the phone has nothing to do with the device issue. My computer has a surge protection motherboard (Gigabyte) which started working this morning, the phone could probably do the same thing later on, I'll try later

Last edited: