[KERNEL][SOURCE???] Kernel 3.0.16 for Desire HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

holeindalip

Dec 27, 2010
central Il
Even with the onev kernel we still wont have a working camera or camcorder,so dont get your hopes up until dhd kernel arrives

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

trh1341

Jun 13, 2011
MESA
Even with the onev kernel we still wont have a working camera or camcorder,so dont get your hopes up until dhd kernel arrives

Not entirely correct...it is very difficult, but you can reverse enginer the kernel and get camera working..

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA

holeindalip

Dec 27, 2010
central Il
Because the camera is much more advanced on the onev and uses different drivers,and without dhd ics drivers for camera,as he stated above me will be very difficult or almost impossible

Last edited:

trh1341

Jun 13, 2011
MESA
Because the camera is much more advanced on the onev and uses different drivers,and without dhd ics drivers for camera,as he stated above me will be very difficult or almost impossible

And I am 99% sure that we WILL NOT get a lot of the camera features either...it will be as functional as it was on stock firmware...

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

zachs_xda

Feb 24, 2011
Melbourne
Here is the link to Nexxx git. You can follow his progress on kernel 3 there. He's done a great load of work so make sure you find his posts over at Desire S forums and hit thanx.

https://github.com/nexx/htc-kernel-msm7x30-3.0/commits/android-htc-3.0.16

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

That's for Desire S. DHD has a completely different board and it would take the same effort as porting from One V to Desire S. It's just tedious having to read through and understand 6k lines of C code in board-primou.c, and then creating the corresponding board-spade.c based on the same file from the older kernel. You need an experienced C dev with lots of free time. I don't think anyone's working on a DHD port at this moment.

shad0wboss

Oct 6, 2010
Genève
But i read someone mentioning about cooking one s/v kernel v3 then porting it to DHD which seems to do the trick though i'm not a dev but i'm just saying that there are many other people at work so it IS a matter of time before we get access to ICS and it is more likely to happen before HTC actually releases a proper RUU for DHD

djolebih

Dec 25, 2011
That's for Desire S. DHD has a completely different board and it would take the same effort as porting from One V to Desire S. It's just tedious having to read through and understand 6k lines of C code in board-primou.c, and then creating the corresponding board-spade.c based on the same file from the older kernel. You need an experienced C dev with lots of free time. I don't think anyone's working on a DHD port at this moment.

It's msm7x30 so 90% of the work would be done.

S

shaky156

Why do you always have to be negetive...its possible and may take time but it DOESNT MEAN IT WONT HAPPEN!!!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA

Dnt be silly, Im not being negative :p
I didnt say impossible :p

Gdluck :)

Sent from my Desire HD

Last edited:

hdorius

Jan 17, 2011
Let the time proves everything... :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Status
Not open for further replies.