UPDATED (Ics update) att.en.us.

Search This thread

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
It was just something the guy that was a big part in porting the Razr recovery over said. He said if the atrix 2 is similar to the Razr, which it is in many ways. That we will be able to update from the leak to the official. Not setting this in stone, because I have no way of knowing, but at least appears to be a likely possibly.

No not defensive, just saying from my own point of view I enjoy the ICS leak, and If I was in anyone else's position I would like to flash it just as I did, Even with all the risks involved. I was more or less answering the question directed to him based on my own experience and reasons. In my mind I ask the question why would anyone not flash the leak? Its great. The last part wasn't directed at you, just a general point of view because I have noticed others basically say you cant have the DL because its too risky. I know you didn't tell him he cant, but it came off to me as a negative connotation if anyone had a desire to flash due to the risks And I just have a different view. My apologies if you were genuinely curious. Finding the files isn't hard though, they might have been pulled here but 30 seconds on google and you can find them pretty easily.

It is me who is not giving the leak out. Take a look at it like this. This was a leak we should have never gotten in first place. We did get it and release it to everyone, and WAY too many people had issues.

I am not, giving the ability to download this out, to protect everyone, but to keep myself and the other devs in here sane, and able to keep working on this stuff. The truth is there are people in here that should NOT run experimental leaks due to their abilities, and all that does is distract our devs.

Again if liefmagnuson and the rest of your dev community had not shared it at all, this conversation would have never happened.

I am not being like Moto here and trying to keep us locked down (in fact I think I am the one person since day one that has been trying to unlock the BL). I am just trying to keep us all sane and moving forward. For a week were not even sure we could bring people back to 2.3.6 so they could get the REAL OTA. We now have that ability. I have a script for both windows and Linux/Mac that I will release to everyone tomorrow. This is the key to getting the REAL OTA, and trust me everyone wants that.

Moto is now in the SOAK test phase of the ICS release. When we saw this with 2.3.6 it was something like 14 days from the start of the soak that the real OTA came out. Those that don't have the leak, or even those that do have the leak, just sit tight. Instructions are on the way on how to go back to GB so you can get the real OTA.

Last edited:

dudemaaan

Mar 30, 2008
Brenham, TX
Well there are many of us that are very grateful the leak was released, even a few that have a some bugs are happy with it. Those that are not happy now have a way back, and I'm confident with all the smart minds working on this, the development will continue to move forward. After having ICS on 2 of my tablets when 99% were still on GB and now the leaked version on the atrix 2 I can completely see why people are impatient, but as I posted else ware I can also see why the devs don't want to be replying to a bunch of help threads when it's all heading in a slightly different direction with the soak test and official release around the corner. I can see both sides, probably because I'm in the middle zone. I'm not a developer, but still smart enough to get myself out of most problems on my own. I suppose releasing the files is unnecessary because anyone smart enough to successfully get on the leak is also smart enough to find the files themselves.

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Well there are many of us that are very grateful the leak was released, even a few that have a some bugs are happy with it. Those that are not happy now have a way back, and I'm confident with all the smart minds working on this, the development will continue to move forward. After having ICS on 2 of my tablets when 99% were still on GB and now the leaked version on the atrix 2 I can completely see why people are impatient, but as I posted else ware I can also see why the devs don't want to be replying to a bunch of help threads when it's all heading in a slightly different direction with the soak test and official release around the corner. I can see both sides, probably because I'm in the middle zone. I'm not a developer, but still smart enough to get myself out of most problems on my own. I suppose releasing the files is unnecessary because anyone smart enough to successfully get on the leak is also smart enough to find the files themselves.

Exactly, and that is the rationale I/we (devs) have been thinking. We are so close to the OTA, but we still have a long way to go, because those on the leak will need help from us to get the OTA to work right, since it will try to patch the BL to A0.72 from A0.65, and it will most likely fail, and not continue past that check. So once we have the SOAK in hand we can start to work on that fix for everyone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Currently there is no way to flash back to gb. Our awesome devs are looking into a solution. If you upgrade to this leaked ics you will be stuck there. You will also be off the upgrade path for the official ics ota.

You have been warned.

This has turned i into a no headeaded monster.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2
    EVERYONE!!!

I have had some success with this!

I am going to make a CWM flashable patch for this, so wish me luck.
    Just to let everyone know, I am going to be the guinea pig for this one.... since this phone is my hacker phone...

I will report back in a while... hang tight.

To the OP, just hold off posting the link to everyone until I can confirm we can fxz back after I update to this.

--EDIT--

Everyone, stay excited, this is looking good, so far.

--2nd EDIT---

I will also update the all in one script I am finishing up, to include the moto fail files for ics, and we can all thank Dan Rosenburg for that!
    Agree, but hell, time pass so freaking slow rigth now :D

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

To all,

ICSupercharged Coming soon, stay tuned.getting my hands dirty as we speak.expect a release in the next couple days. i wanna let u guys play with stock meanwhile ;)
    Can anyone offer me some help on rooting this? Ota Rootkeeper didn't keep it for me, and I tried a method for the razr to no avail... pm's or posts please.. or cogeary, can you link that or explain a bit more?

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

Yeah I have a script for both linux/mac users and a batch for the windows side of the house. I will upload it now.

I am also uploading a CWM backup as we speak, that is rooted.

Here is the A2 root scripts... the .bat file is for windows, and the .sh is for linux/mac, and I am sure most you guys know.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/45576654/A2_ICS_root.zip