[ROM][SCH-I605][JB][4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 official nightlies

Search This thread

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
So they give us pie and then they take it away cuz we don't have a nav bar... Guess I'm sticking with LMT

I must be the only one happy about this. Pie controls don't belong in a pure AOSP experience like CyanogenMod. There are plenty of custom CM10.1 based ROM's that incorporate it and you can choose to use instead. Leave CM10.1 as barebones as possible, mod in the rest.

Also if you think about it Pie controls really don't make any sense on a phone with hardware buttons. You gain nothing, absolutely nothing.

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
I must be the only one happy about this. Pie controls don't belong in a pure AOSP experience like CyanogenMod. There are plenty of custom CM10.1 based ROM's that incorporate it and you can choose to use instead. Leave CM10.1 as barebones as possible, mod in the rest.

Also if you think about it Pie controls really don't make any sense on a phone with hardware buttons. You gain nothing, absolutely nothing.

This^^^^

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

strikeir13

Oct 23, 2010

You bring up a good point about CM being an AOSP ROM (with a few tweaks ofc). For those of us who want pie, we can use third party options.

I do think that alternate means of navigation are valuable when you have a phone as large as the Note 2, though. I have reasonably large hands and navigating the phone one-handed is very difficult. Using pie (LMT) makes it much more manageable (and having an elastic strap running over the back of my case for me to hook my fingers through).

Reactions: anoninja118

budwizer

Dec 20, 2009
Midlothian, Va
It seems to be only on aosp 4.2 ROMs and I've tried every one that is available. On beans 4.1 rom I have no issues. It's frustrating because it seems that I am the only one experiencing this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I just jumped on trying out CM10.1 and I can confirm that I am also not able to connect to my 5GHz wireless. Enter the password for it and it saves however it never seems to attempt to connect. Just shows 'save, secured with WPA2' for the SSID.

My 2.4GHz connection to the router works just fine. I also tried changing the Wifi Frequency Band setting to 5G only without any luck.

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
I just jumped on trying out CM10.1 and I can confirm that I am also not able to connect to my 5GHz wireless. Enter the password for it and it saves however it never seems to attempt to connect. Just shows 'save, secured with WPA2' for the SSID.

My 2.4GHz connection to the router works just fine. I also tried changing the Wifi Frequency Band setting to 5G only without any luck.

Try setting your 5Ghz band to mixed A/N mode. It might help.

For me even on day 1 stock I could never connect to my 5Ghz band when it was set to N only. It can only connect at A speeds. Once I force N only, I get authentication errors out the wazoo. CM10.1 does the same thing you posted, not even an authentication error just no connection attempt at all.

thejondude

Aug 3, 2010
newport beach
Some one posted this... Did you try it?

"I fixed my 5ghz wifi. My router was set to auto for the channel and by default it selected channel 149. This channel works with touchwiz roms for whatever reason. With cm10 I had to change the channel down to 36. Now it connects. I have it at channel 40 now with 40hz band and so far so good.

I've tried higher channels with cm10.1 and they do not work."

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

strikeir13

Oct 23, 2010
Anyone able to get a GPS lock on the latest nightly (3/27)? I can't. I get about a 30 meter accuracy and the GPS icon never stops flashing. Hopefully further work on this will improve it!

Last edited:
R

richii0207

I guess people just want "aftermarket", even if it's illogical :sly: never understood the nav bar fever when the n2 has physical buttons, more screen space because of that.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
Anyone able to get a GPS lock on the latest nightly (3/27)? I can't. I get about a 30 meter accuracy and the GPS icon never stops flashing. Hopefully further work on this will improve it!

Yeah, my GPS locked pretty quick actually. Which was good cuz I had issues on 3/24.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

kejar31

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2010

yeah.. ever since the update to the GPS was applied I can get aGPS (which is what you have) but I can not get GPS to work. :(

sbrissen

Sep 27, 2010
yeah.. ever since the update to the GPS was applied I can get aGPS (which is what you have) but I can not get GPS to work. :(

I'm in the same boat, the opensource gps isn't working for me. I'll have to dig into it when I get out of the hospital with my new addition :)

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
I'm in the same boat, the opensource gps isn't working for me. I'll have to dig into it when I get out of the hospital with my new addition :)

Awesome man! I'm excited for you hahaha enjoy man and best wishes for the little ones health.

PS - the new mali drivers are almost perfect. Scrolling performance much improved, but still seeing wierdness when zooming in the browser :( getting so close though! Maybe when we get an official r3p2 leak we'll reach perfection.

Last edited:

kejar31

May 24, 2010
Awesome man! I'm excited for you hahaha enjoy man and best wishes for the little ones health.

PS - the new mali drivers are almost perfect. Scrolling performance much improved, but still seeing wierdness when zooming in the browser :( getting so close though! Maybe when we get an official r3p2 leak we'll reach perfection.

That's strange... I don't see any weirdness.. Have you tried other browsers to see if this issue is an application issue?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Dec 5, 2010
That's strange... I don't see any weirdness.. Have you tried other browsers to see if this issue is an application issue

I think I figured out the problem. This is the only artifact I'm getting now on CM10.1, and you can see it by going to Youtube and picking a video and zooming in with pinch zoom. This is what it looks like:

screenshot2013032816182.png
screenshot2013032816183.png

Since the scroll lag I was getting before is all gone, along with some other launcher and lock screen bugs, I'm gonna chalk this one up to Flash being incompatible with 4.2.x. I don't see this wierd corruption on my 4.1 ROM's, only on CM10.1, but I'm guessing since all the other artifacts are resolved that this isn't a corruption from the drivers but from Flash buggyness.

If someone else could confirm that you see these artifacts on Youtube, with Flash player not installed, then we can see for sure whether it is that or not. I already wiped and returned to my TouchWiz ROM otherwise I would. The thought just came to me as I read your post lol

Update: I figured I'd save everyone the trouble and just test it myself and yep my suspicions were confirmed. The last remaining artifact I was seeing was a fault of Flash not being compatible with 4.2, and not the GPU drivers itself.

I went back to the exact same page that I took those screenshots on and this time I didn't have Flash player installed, bingo perfect rendering no artifacts. Well I guess this is a mixed feeling type of thing. I love knowing that CM10.1 is no longer experiencing artifacts compared to before, but also saddened to see an almost impossible to avoid killing of Flash player on Android :( sad face is sad.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

DOWNLOADS
    CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=i605

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

CHANGELOG
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#i605/cm10.1/next

BUG LIST
    -GPS: To get a lock using the new opensource gps use the workaround provided by Kejar: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=39761558&postcount=702
    -BT Voice Search
    -5ghz wifi - seems to only work with low channels

Common t0lte issues: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...y:Known_issues
    Frequently asked Questions: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p...0.1:t0lte:FAQs
    Wiki: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channel...cksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

DEAR KANGERS
    If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

SUPPORT US
    If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    cm-10.2-20130730-UNOFFICIAL-i605.zip

gapps-jb-20130726.zip

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.2 to your Galaxy Note II, or coming from another ROM:
    - Make sure you're running a proper, working recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.2 zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.2:
    - Copy CM10.2 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10/10.1:
    - Copy GApps and CM10.2 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Wipe data, we're not sure if everything will work yet.
    - Reboot

Known bugs:
    - some minor graphics glitches
    - screenshots, task switcher, electron beam, and some other minor ops
    - expect random app fc's (trebuchet, focal, etc)
    - what else?

All credit goes to CM, codeworkx, xplodwild & sbrissen!
    Im just filling in where I can while sbrissen is on a well deserved vacation. Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Progress is being made. My 10.2 builds are compiling OK now. I can flash and boot to the homescreen but anything I try to launch causes a soft reboot.
    Mine do the same and I have no cell signal. I think I messed up loading the props. Let me know if you make any progress or maybe slickrick will shine some light on the subject
    Pick these 4 commits and you should be good.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46557/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46558/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46556/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/46246/
    Thank you sbrissen for developing for this awesome device and all of our donators who made it possible! None of this would have happened without you guys :)

You will lose S Pen and other Touchwiz functionality if you flash this but here is how you can get some of that functionality back!
    1. S Pen works (try out the app Papyrus as a replacement to S Note, Papyrus does utilize the S Pen button as well).
    2. Air View works (Go to settings, Language & input, check "Show icon when using stylus".
    3. The S Pen button works (Go to settings, Language & input, Stylus gestures, those all use the s pen button).
    4. Pop up browser = OverSkreen from the Google Play Store.
    5. I use the 4.2 Camera on Touchwiz anyway. There are plenty of good camera apps in the market if you want more features.
    6. Multiwindow. There is no alternative, dont ask.
    And here's some alternatives to Touchwiz apps (PM me if you want me to add something!)
    Code:
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myboyfriendisageek.stickit"]Stick it! (Pop-up Player)[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.clov4r.android.nil&hl=en"]MoboPlayer[/URL]- It's another very capable, free video player with floating player functionality. Plus its free!
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803284"]FloatNote[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ngarside.memo"]Memo[/URL]
    [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steadfastinnovation.android.projectpapyrus"]Papyrus Beta[/URL]

If you want to come chat about this alpha release, join us on IRC channel #t0ltecdma on freenode.

DO NOT USE 20121011 GAPPS OR YOU WILL HAVE ISSUES, USE 20121212 GAPPS.

If you want to downgrade back to a 4.1.x ROM, flash the restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip attached below AFTER flashing back to 4.1.x ROM. Your storage situation will be how it was pre-CM10.1 flash. Thanks to madmack for the file.
    alright, I'm good with the phone logs. I submitted a change for speaker phone and it got merged so tonight's should have MOAR VOLUMEZ on speaker.

Still working on BT and gps.

and still looking for logs of apps where the mic isn't working.
    I'll be starting a cm10.2 thread shortly. For anyone thinking of flashing back to 10.1, not going to happen unless you do a clean install so backup first! A couple databases were updated and cannot be reverted.