ROMS for sprd S580 Android phone

Search This thread

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
So I got this spreadspectrum phone branded by SVP but its actually SPRD S580 inside running A5 cortex and MTK6517 h/w.
I managed to root it finally - the guide and threads here did not work.
Can someone PL point me to some ROMS for this phone and some gimme a direction about hunting them down,
My understanding is ROM incompatilbilty can brick your device . So I should back up my current image. Hows that done,
ALSO I find some threads where some other branded phone with MTK6517 h/w but maybe different processor , GPU etc has been offered a custom ROM upgrade to JB/ICS.
Should I try that out ? OR the ROM to be used is specific to that CPU + H/W combination : e.g. A5 + MTK6517 and same brand.
Pl help ....

Reactions: MAkoyCP

Michale32086

Jun 18, 2012
Could you point me to the tuts that showed you how to root this phone? I also have the SVP S580.

It's running 2.3.5 Android and I would like to update it to a newer version, if possible.

Thanx

Michale32086

Jun 18, 2012

I'll give that a shot.

Thanx...

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Unfortunately, all the text on the splash screen is in Kanjii...

Could you point me to an instruction PDF or give me a starting point.

Very much appreciated...

NOTE: Disregard.. GOOGLE is my friend. :D

http://lemmymorgan.com/one-click-ro...seroot-1-0-16-or-root_with_restore_by_bin4ry/

DOH!!!

Last edited:

vsrkmurthy

Dec 10, 2013
SVP S6580

Hi,

I too have SVP S580. The whatsapp - preinstalled in that phone is not working. How to root that and UNINSTALL whatsapp and install the latest version in that ? Is there any option to upgrade to ICS ? IS there any CWM for this phone ? Please send me a detailed reply with the download links and the guide to root, flash a new ICS rom and CWM method too..

Thanks a lot for sharing your views.

vsrkmurthy

Dec 10, 2013
SVP S580

Finally, I am able to ROOT my device with VROOT and uninstall the WHATSAPP - a pre-installed APP and NOT WORKING. Now, I installed the NEW version of WHATSAPP and is working fine for me.

Will anybody let me know whether this model (SVP S580) has any new version of ROM ?

Murthy

Hi,

I too have SVP S580. The whatsapp - preinstalled in that phone is not working. How to root that and UNINSTALL whatsapp and install the latest version in that ? Is there any option to upgrade to ICS ? IS there any CWM for this phone ? Please send me a detailed reply with the download links and the guide to root, flash a new ICS rom and CWM method too..

Thanks a lot for sharing your views.

Alfa-Gsm

Jul 18, 2008
Need Spreadtrum SVP S580 Firmware

Hello family i need your help, i flashed this phone with a reset file.pac and Researchdownload but now phone is dead, could someone upload please a full backup of this phone please, thanks in advance!

sieger007

Jul 4, 2008
Dublin
I am pretty sure there is one out there. You just have to look at they CP you and chipset specs find a compatible rom. Please ignore the typos from google voice translation consolation

jaysonbcharles

Mar 1, 2016
CAN SOMEONE HELP!!!! i have a SVP S580 which isnt booting up to the operating system because i accidentally delete the stock launcher, however i tried hard resetting the phone with all key combination and non worked for me how can i possibly restore this phone so it can boot as normal ? please help !!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I got this spreadspectrum phone branded by SVP but its actually SPRD S580 inside running A5 cortex and MTK6517 h/w.
    I managed to root it finally - the guide and threads here did not work.
    Can someone PL point me to some ROMS for this phone and some gimme a direction about hunting them down,
    My understanding is ROM incompatilbilty can brick your device . So I should back up my current image. Hows that done,
    ALSO I find some threads where some other branded phone with MTK6517 h/w but maybe different processor , GPU etc has been offered a custom ROM upgrade to JB/ICS.
    Should I try that out ? OR the ROM to be used is specific to that CPU + H/W combination : e.g. A5 + MTK6517 and same brand.
    Pl help ....
    Could you point me to the tuts that showed you how to root this phone? I also have the SVP S580.

It's running 2.3.5 Android and I would like to update it to a newer version, if possible.

Thanx

download eroot.

http://www.runamux.net/search/view/file/9fLmV0ty/ERoot-1014.html