4.3 official AT&T update

Search This thread

~wolverine~

Sep 20, 2011
Kentucky
I received this text earlier. Could it be for 4.3? I'm running upndwn4par's Stockup rom at the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-13-14-20-24.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-13-14-20-24.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 663

galaxyjeff

Aug 31, 2010
Akron
I received this text earlier. Could it be for 4.3? I'm running upndwn4par's Stockup rom at the moment.

Don't install that update. I'm pretty sure you're getting the AT&T MF3 update that will keep you from being able to flash a custom recovery and along with that custom roms. The stock AT&T 4.3 update is called MJ6. It also will lock the bootloader I believe. You probably should get 4.3 a different way if you don't have it already with the rom you have..

TChachra

Aug 23, 2013
HAHA....similar issue here. However, I did not go that far ahead...only 3-4 days since I checked a few times today.
Lets hope it still pushes - when it finally releases, that is.

I did the stepping my date forward automatically on day at a time, and it did let me keep checking for the update, but I got a bit over zealous and went ahead to Dec. 25th (Seemed like a good day for an update present), but now after setting the date back to today, when I try to check for the update, it tells me I can't check again for 1031 hours! lol. I'm not too worried about that. I could jump to the 26th, if needed. My question is this... when they do end up pushing it out, will it still get pushed to my phone? Or will my phone not even look for updates for a month and a half???

~wolverine~

Sep 20, 2011
Kentucky
Yeah I have no intentions of updating with this. I was just wondering if they (AT&T) were pushing 4.3 out now. I specifically went shopping way back when for a S4 with MDL. I'm not gonna screw that up now.

lobsters1

Nov 13, 2013
I have an update available. I am currently running stock with mf3 baseband. I'm not planning on updating, but I am curious.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I have an update available. I am currently running stock with mf3 baseband. I'm not planning on updating, but I am curious.

Although, someone is gonna have to download it sooner or later.

lobsters1

Nov 13, 2013
Oh. I thought it would be more exciting. Nobody needs any files or anything?

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Oh. I thought it would be more exciting. Nobody needs any files or anything?

If I'm gonna lose root and safestrap, I'd like it to be for a good cause. Not just idle curiosity. I'm not a martyr.

Clevermix2000

Mar 25, 2012
Chicago
I guess my real question from my post from earlier is this: Are the OTA Updates PUSHED, or does the phone query the server? Cuz if it queries, I'm in trouble...lol. If it's pushed, then I might be ok.

dan122686

May 23, 2012
Wisconsin
Not here yet...

I called AT&T tech support and asked if in fact the update was released, and they confirmed it, but could not confirm when it would be available for the masses because it could cause "troublesome issues". It will be pushed to the devices OTA, and I was instructed to run a power cycle on my device daily until the update arrives. Other than that, Kies and checking for updates are useless with this firmware, and carrier. :rolleyes:

E3SYLER

Jul 18, 2013
I called AT&T tech support and asked if in fact the update was released, and they confirmed it, but could not confirm when it would be available for the masses because it could cause "troublesome issues". It will be pushed to the devices OTA, and I was instructed to run a power cycle on my device daily until the update arrives. Other than that, Kies and checking for updates are useless with this firmware, and carrier. :rolleyes:

If you want it now go to your local best buy Samsung center and have them update it for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: dan122686

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010

I'm totally aware that the S3 is having issues, didnt know the s4 would too...

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
I wonder if removing the auto update(apk) and (odex) instead of freezing with TB would do the same thing and not send rom into bootloop. If I had time to flash a rom in slot 1 of SS I would try it with a stock rom. I debloated my phone without using TB so my goal is to not use an app when u can just add the files back later if I want them(or need them) but thank you for showing me that post as it helps us to see what files are involved with the update.

Clevermix2000

Mar 25, 2012
Chicago
If you want it now go to your local best buy Samsung center and have them update it for you.

I just called Best Buy, and talked to the Samsung rep and he said that all they do is help with the update if it's appeared on your phone and you don't know how to proceed, or check for it if you don't know how. It's not like they hook it up to a computer and push teh update to your phone for you.

dan122686

May 23, 2012
Wisconsin
Samsung Experience Store

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, I know exactly what you're talking about because I work for the Samsung Experience Store inside of Best Buy and we use what's called the S.M.A.R.T. Tool. I think I'll go try that and post screenshots if I get the update!

aabaaf

Jul 18, 2012
Lombard, IL
They won't because they can't. The update come from AT&T. If AT&T doesn't push it, then there is nothing they can do. They will assist you updating it, if you have problems, but they get the update the same time we do.

Clevermix2000

Mar 25, 2012
Chicago
Thank you, I know exactly what you're talking about because I work for the Samsung Experience Store inside of Best Buy and we use what's called the S.M.A.R.T. Tool. I think I'll go try that and post screenshots if I get the update!

Well the guy I talked to, definitely didn't tell me about any S.M.A.R.T. tool! lol. Is that something you can ask for???

dan122686

May 23, 2012
Wisconsin
Samsung Experience Store

Well the guy I talked to, definitely didn't tell me about any S.M.A.R.T. tool! lol. Is that something you can ask for???

if he doesn't know about the S.M.A.R.T tool please ask him his store number (I see your location is in Chicago) & that is the market I work in. But yes that is something they should offer to you everytime you visit the Samsung Experience Store... especially around an update. But I just checked it and our market doesn't have 4.3 yet.

Top Liked Posts