Tried to Root and Crashed Need help Recovering

Search This thread

xiaokai

Oct 19, 2006
London, UK
www.thekeystore.net
Hi All

I tried to root my S2 using the following guide
http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-root/how-to-root-galaxy-s2-gt-i9100-jelly-bean-android-4-1-14-1-2/

everything worked fine, so i thought i would try to update it to 4.4, but i would update CWM.
I tried to do this by downloading CWM Recovery v6.0.4.5 TAR file and installing it via Odin same way as i did in the above guide.
I dont know if that was the wrong thing to do or if something went wrong

Now my phone will not boot and it will only give me the following error
"firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies & try again"

I tried to do this buy kies couldnt connect to my phone.

I tried the guide on from this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2365701

But i get the following error in ODIN
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWMS1_I9100XXMS4_I9100NEELS1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I am stuck and do not know what to do, any help please? :confused:

ghostman2

Mar 12, 2012
Caxias do Sul
This file MD5 came zipped? If yes unzip with other program than winrar and put on slowest speed..... This error is usually an unzip problem....

xiaokai

Oct 19, 2006
London, UK
www.thekeystore.net
Ty MistahBungle and ghostman2

I tried Hopper8 guide that i found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2345831
Still the same error
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

2zh4cjk.jpg

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Oh well. Guess it's a service centre job then if you've tried everything.

BTW, I never believe people when they say that here, because in my experience 99.99999999% of them haven't. They're just looking for an easy fix, and there isn't one in this situation.

Now then...Given the alternative involves you either paying a Samsung service centre a not inconsiderable amount of money to put a new motherboard in, or a lot of mucking around on your part to source a 2nd hand board & then either replace it yourself or pay a local mobile repair shop to do it, or getting a new phone, if I were in your situation, I'd be trying everything in that thread, and I'd be trying it over and over and over. Because the experience on here generally is the majority of these things are fixed by perseverance.

However, up to you what you want to do. Your phone.

xiaokai

Oct 19, 2006
London, UK
www.thekeystore.net
Oh well. Guess it's a service centre job then if you've tried everything.

BTW, I never believe people when they say that here, because in my experience 99.99999999% of them haven't. They're just looking for an easy fix, and there isn't one in this situation.

Now then...Given the alternative involves you either paying a Samsung service centre a not inconsiderable amount of money to put a new motherboard in, or a lot of mucking around on your part to source a 2nd hand board & then either replace it yourself or pay a local mobile repair shop to do it, or getting a new phone, if I were in your situation, I'd be trying everything in that thread, and I'd be trying it over and over and over. Because the experience on here generally is the majority of these things are fixed by perseverance.

However, up to you what you want to do. Your phone.

I have not tried to .pit update, as i am worried after reading that it will totally break the phone if it does not work.
That is why I am looking for other ways to try before considering .pit thing.

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
i see epic4g? It might be specific for that device. Try some other odin versions whih are compatible and try it again and dont forget to shut kies off. It causes always problems. As i see its only a soft brick not a hard brick cause its not a nand write error so actually no problem with hardware only need maybe to use the right programs. Never flash.pit file only if it might be your last chance always read if its a nand write error then the most time youre screwed if not then its all fixeable.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Reactions: xiaokai

xiaokai

Oct 19, 2006
London, UK
www.thekeystore.net
i see epic4g? It might be specific for that device. Try some other odin versions whih are compatible and try it again and dont forget to shut kies off. It causes always problems. As i see its only a soft brick not a hard brick cause its not a nand write error so actually no problem with hardware only need maybe to use the right programs. Never flash.pit file only if it might be your last chance always read if its a nand write error then the most time youre screwed if not then its all fixeable.

OMG thanks, I used v3.07 and it worked.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.