[Q] Recover Data with Broken Screen/Digitizer

Search This thread
I have a friend of mine who has a Note II which I am not familiar with (I have had every Galaxy S, so pretty familiar with Samsung), he broke his screen and the digitizer is broken also. I am trying to help him recover data/contacts/pictures/etc from his phone. It is on the latest stock ROM and has never been rooted or anything. Is there anyway this would be possible with ADB? I am pretty sure his USB debugging is off. He has a new Note II coming tomorrow from Asurion. He has experience taking the Note II apart because he has replaced his glass multiple times, I was thinking about recommending him to swap the motherboards out real quick just to transfer the stuff he needs to a computer. Does anyone know if this approach would work?

CharliexCharger

Mar 26, 2012
Kansas City, MO
I have a friend of mine who has a Note II which I am not familiar with (I have had every Galaxy S, so pretty familiar with Samsung), he broke his screen and the digitizer is broken also. I am trying to help him recover data/contacts/pictures/etc from his phone. It is on the latest stock ROM and has never been rooted or anything. Is there anyway this would be possible with ADB? I am pretty sure his USB debugging is off. He has a new Note II coming tomorrow from Asurion. He has experience taking the Note II apart because he has replaced his glass multiple times, I was thinking about recommending him to swap the motherboards out real quick just to transfer the stuff he needs to a computer. Does anyone know if this approach would work?

Has he tried just simply backing it up through Kies and just restoring it to his new phone?

No he hasn't. Would this work without being able to access anything on the phone? I have never used Kies.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app