Sprint LTE

Search This thread

tkeyes

Aug 29, 2010
pittsburgh
Sprint officially announced that its very first LTE tower cluster is now operational, thus marking yet another significant milestone in its Network Vision plan. The said tower array blankets the town of Kankakee, Illinois, which is located 60 miles south of Chicago. What Sprint also said is that field testing of its LTE infrastructure has been completed, meaning that the aggressive LTE rollout it announced earlier this year is still on track.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/First-Sprint-LTE-tower-cluster-is-now-operational_id25157

Last edited:

nadcicle

Mar 30, 2008
Nashville, TN
Let's hope we don't get all the outtages that Verizon keeps having. I can count 3 in the past couple months on my Droid charge.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

CardnalSyn

May 9, 2011
So, lets see....
Ive been paying $10 extra per month for a service that is not and will never be in my area. And if/when LTE does show up in my area, ill have to by another phone in order to use it. Seems like Ive been ripped off.

EDIT: Make that $20/month and 2 new phones since my wife has one too

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
So, lets see....
Ive been paying $10 extra per month for a service that is not and will never be in my area. And if/when LTE does show up in my area, ill have to by another phone in order to use it. Seems like Ive been ripped off.

Heh, according to Sprint you are paying for the extra amount of data that smartphones use. Even though I thought my Palm Pre used a reasonable amount of data as well and that didn't have the surcharge. The iPhone 4 has no 4G and they pay the $10 too.

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 7
So, lets see....

It's a premium data fee. It's on ALL smartphones. It's NOT a 4G fee. Move on.

CardnalSyn

May 9, 2011
Last edited:

R3537L1F3

Jun 17, 2011
Orlando
That's odd...cause my blackberry doesn't have this charge. that's about as valid as claiming unlimited data but then cancelling the contract because you use too much.

Actually sprint mostly considers android and iphones smart phones. And not all android phones and none of the iphones use 4g but all have the $10 fee

Not yet rooted tree plant 4G

poit

May 10, 2009
Colorado
Google Pixel 7
That's odd...cause my blackberry doesn't have this charge. that's about as valid as claiming unlimited data but then cancelling the contract because you use too much.

You must be on an old grandfathered plan, because this is what I see on the Sprint Blackberry page:http://shop2.sprint.com/en/stores/popups/blackberry_plan_details_popup.shtml
"Some important things to know about BlackBerry® smartphones
Plans for this phone require our $10/mo. Premium Data add-on charge in addition to one of the plans below."

And in smaller print about half way down the page it says

"Effective 1/30/11, monthly service plan rates for this phone increased to require the monthly $10 Premium Data add-on charge. Phone requirements: Certain phones require activation on a plan that includes data, other select plan or add-on. Premium Data Add-on: Smartphones include BlackBerry®, Android™, Windows® Mobile, Palm , Instinct® family of devices and other select devices."

There, I've run rings around you logically.
picture.php

Last edited:
Reactions: ac16313

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
You must be on an old grandfathered plan, because this is what I see on the Sprint Blackberry page:http://shop2.sprint.com/en/stores/popups/blackberry_plan_details_popup.shtml
"Some important things to know about BlackBerry® smartphones
Plans for this phone require our $10/mo. Premium Data add-on charge in addition to one of the plans below."

And in smaller print about half way down the page it says

"Effective 1/30/11, monthly service plan rates for this phone increased to require the monthly $10 Premium Data add-on charge. Phone requirements: Certain phones require activation on a plan that includes data, other select plan or add-on. Premium Data Add-on: Smartphones include BlackBerry®, Android™, Windows® Mobile, Palm , Instinct® family of devices and other select devices."

There, I've run rings around you logically.
picture.php

Lol... well there went his post...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ksmullins88

Dec 16, 2010
Detroit, MI
Anyone know if they still plan on pursuing wimax or if they plan to just go with lte and phase out wimax?

I'm concerned because I've barely ever gotten to use it and now its sounding like I never will.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !

And technically no one has every forced you to renew your contract...
    Samsung did by making this phone.

The temptation was too great, resistance was futile.
    Sprint has until my contact is up to get this fixed.

Detroit. The 6th largest metropolitan area in the country. Some of the wealthiest areas in the country. No 4G WiMax. Most 3g Speeds limited to 20-200 kiloBIT. That's dial up speeds.

Sprint is a joke. I can't wait for my contract to end.

Seriously read around. 80% of. Network Vision will be completed by the start of 2013. Just go ahead and leave now. I rather have people on sprint who appreciate what they are trying to do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    So, lets see....

It's a premium data fee. It's on ALL smartphones. It's NOT a 4G fee. Move on.
    Check out these maps

This is the current EVDO 1900mhz PCS coverage in Atlanta

383057_341345839216194_257896107561168_1626393_1422112075_n.jpg

Green is 5/5 bars. Yellow is 4/5 bars. Red is 3/5 bars. Blue is 2/5 bars. White is one or zero bars.

This is what the LTE/EVDO 1900mhz PCS coverage post network vision will look like :D

377164_341345725882872_257896107561168_1626392_1279000308_n.jpg

Finally, THE 800mhz SMR LTE/CDMA coverage post network vision :eek: :eek: :eek:

393699_341345652549546_257896107561168_1626391_930575228_n.jpg

This is where I got this (definitely a good read), SOURCE