4.3 root

Search This thread

foton92

Nov 22, 2011
San Francisco
Hey guys I'm new to the GS3 and I recently updated my phone to 4.3 and I wanted to root it but there's nothing I can find to root the phone. All I can find is for 4.0.4-4.1.2
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Hey guys I'm new to the GS3 and I recently updated my phone to 4.3 and I wanted to root it but there's nothing I can find to root the phone. All I can find is for 4.0.4-4.1.2

Did you take the OTA?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Yes. I was actually eating dinner yesterday and the phone was updating itself

From what I've been reading you can root but I'm not sure if you can root once your on 4.3. Custom roms aren't currently available once you take the OTA or there is a good possibility you can hard brick your phone

foton92

Nov 22, 2011
San Francisco
From what I've been reading you can root but I'm not sure if you can root once your on 4.3. Custom roms aren't currently available once you take the OTA or there is a good possibility you can hard brick your phone

For now I just want to root the device and run the stock ROM. All I want to do is clean up the ROM like get rid of the stupid WiFi notification and remove bloatware etc...

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
For now I just want to root the device and run the stock ROM. All I want to do is clean up the ROM like get rid of the stupid WiFi notification and remove bloatware etc...

I don't blame you there. I did the same thing after I rooted. However I am on a custom rom

vtfan99

Oct 30, 2012
I followed the steps and was able to get root on 4.3 just fine as well. Thanks to everyone for helping me with that.

I do have a question....it might very well be a dumb question but I'm asking anyway,

I've installed Titanium backup and I have the update.zip that I created prior to reverting to stock and then taking the OTA. From what I understand I can't use custom recovery, which was the only way I knew how to flash that update.zip to restore my apps+data. So, how do I flash this update.zip with root on 4.3? Is this still possible?

Thanks again to all for the help.

ultpokemonfan

Dec 20, 2013
Saferoot worked for me (its a method designed for galaxy s4). Although I wouldn't recommend it. It may or may not have been the cause of a hard brick for me, but I tried unlocking the bootloader after using it, which is probably what threw it.

Restola

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
FYI you can remove WiFi notification and brightness slider on stock 4.3. Its in settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. I'll keep trying to figure out how to root this thing

Try this one... Saferoot

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

Droidshadow, ez-unlock will brick your device! No man, woman, or child has unlocked the 4.3 bootloader.

Its like breaking in to Fort Knox!

Sent from my Last Ever Samsung Device.
    Hello guys!

I am brand spanking new when it comes to rooting, I've been looking for this very combination Sch i535 and Android 4.3

It updated from 4.1.x to 4.3 and I wanna root so that I can wirelessly tether. (I was usng foxfi with 4.1.x) but now Verizon wont let me.

I found a lot of instructions to root for 4.1.x but none for 4.3

Can I just follow the instructions for 4.1.x or does anyone here know the magic that could save me??

Thank you very much in advance guys!

Once you took the 4.3 OTA you basically got locked in. You can't flash custom recoveries, Custom ROMs or even downgrade to 4.1 or lower, any attempt will HARD BRICK your phone . You can't root the with the 4.1 methods but other members have rooted using Saferoot

Try this Saferoot to root.
    I have no idea, but I do know you'll be unrooted after using SuperSU in that manner.

He MUST unfreeze those apps first. THEN he can unroot if he wants.

He MUST unfreeze those apps first. THEN he can unroot if he wants.

+1
    Learned this the hard way. If you don't unfreeze before you unroot, you will need to re-root to unfreeze it.

Sent from my SCH-I535