CM and AOSP don't remain off while charging

Search This thread

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
Has any body noticed that every single AOSP ROM will not allow the phone to stay off while charging? There are so many ROMs that are amazing and perform so greatly yet they all will not allow me to charge my phone while it's off... I can be anal at times and when it comes to my phone charging it needs to he charging turned off and all these ROMs with the exception of Vanir and Commotio will not charge while powered down....as soon as I plug them in sure enough the phone powers up, so I tried plugging the phone in before powering down and all it does is power the phone back up. Does anyone know the cause of this? Is there a work around? And what is the Vanir team doing different that their roms do not suffer this issue?

It would be awesome if team Vanir would share with the other devs what they're doing do I could enjoy trying another ROM lolol, just messing, sorta ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
It may be placebo but I've always seemed to have gotten more battery life also and this could certainly be wrong but I believe it helps prevent battery erosion which in turn makes the batteries life span longer

ahjee

Mar 24, 2010
Either way I prefer my phone to be off while charging cause it remains cooler which now that I think of it may also help TNT battery's life span..... None of what I say matters it's really more of a preference

sweets55

May 25, 2009
Sometimes I turn my phone off when I go to bed to charge just so I can try and get some sleep. lol Also sometimes if my battery is low I turn the phone off when I take shower and it charges faster.