Craig 7" Tablet - CMP 738a Rooted

Search This thread

shadowreaper

Apr 24, 2008
Release 5 alpha is there for testing

Note: you MUST use the batchupgrade took included in the utilities package as this changes the flash partition layout. This gives r/w system via aufs.

I am working on trying to fix the power issues, but this requires me replacing the kernel.

Harry44

Jul 14, 2010
TX, USA
If you change the kernel do you think you could use one that we are able to overclock. And is it possible to add multitouch, isnt it enabled in kernel?

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
If you change the kernel do you think you could use one that we are able to overclock. And is it possible to add multitouch, isnt it enabled in kernel?

The hardware doesn't support multitouch....you're not going to get a KIA to perform like a Lexus.

Other than a r/w filesystem (which does open up the framework to be edited for color icons etc...what other advantages does 5a give?

Harry44

Jul 14, 2010
TX, USA
The hardware doesn't support multitouch....you're not going to get a KIA to perform like a Lexus.

Other than a r/w filesystem (which does open up the framework to be edited for color icons etc...what other advantages does 5a give?

Didn't expect it would be able to but thanks for the response.

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
oops srys about that didn't relise but how do you remove the system apps like for example twitter seems to think its a system app how do we get rid of those

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
now that would be awesome! (about running ubuntu smoothly) you can run a vm of windows 98 on android although its kinda useless and slow

Last edited:

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
battery Saver

maestrosa' timestamp='1299020235' post='139621 said:
There are two apps available in the market.

No Bars Battery Saver:
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.tomdryer.nobars&feature=search_result

and

Airplane Mode Wifi tool.
http://market.android.com/details?id=net.geekherd.airplanemode&feature=search_result

Both do the same thing, they put the phone in airplane mode leaving the wifi enabled.

I use the airplane mode one and have had no issues. I cannot say if it saves battery, but I have not had issues using the device after installed.

The no bars app is ad supported.....the airplane one however works fine, does put the tablet into airplane mode and does keep wifi enabled...this SHOULD give you better battery life....I've quoted the original posted who posted the info on slatedroid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry44

Harry44

Jul 14, 2010
TX, USA
The no bars app is ad supported.....the airplane one however works fine, does put the tablet into airplane mode and does keep wifi enabled...this SHOULD give you better battery life....I've quoted the original posted who posted the info on slatedroid.

Thanks, I will try it out and report back it it works.

donaldj83

Feb 27, 2011
CT
dose any one else's tab get kinda warm/hot just above the lead sticker? i just popped mine open thinking of a case mod with a mini fan there are 2 batteries left and right then the center there's a board witch has the processor the wireless is attached to the back cover as well looks like they glued it to it i haven't spent long in there just yet i was just looking to see how much room i had. also if y'all haven't figured this out yet a keyboard and mouse works stock on this little guy i have a keyboard witch has a mouse usb hub on it and bolth worked the number pad didn't work on the keyboard which is fine and the mouse was a bit sketchy (old cheep-o-dopot mouse so could be the mouse) :D

Gardnq1

Mar 2, 2011
I've tried to download this, and cleared the data / cache but no luck. Can anyone help?

Gardnq1

Mar 2, 2011
Nothing changes. no market just acts like it did out of box. Where should file be? In subfolder?

the only time it seemed to notice it gave me an invalid firmware. Delete yes / no. That's as close as it's came.

Last edited:
Reactions: Firesong3k

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For all the Canadians out there, Zellers is selling this tablet for $149 in stores. It is a pretty cheap tablet, so don't expect too much out of it. It is based on the RockChip 2818, and I have created a rooted update image.

Summary of changes from stock:

Removed FaceBook
    Removed Kindle
    Removed Default Launcher
    Added Launcher Pro
    Added SuperUser

To install, save the file to the internal memory as update.img and remove the usb cable; it will prompt you to update.

WARNING:
    This will erase all your current data, and as always I a not responsible for bricking your device!

Release 3:

Added back cell standby - causing crashes in wireless and network settings
    Added working market. Only tested with applications that do not require SD card

Release 4:

1. Added Live Wallpaper Picker
    2. Added Particles Live Wallpaper
    3. Added ADBWireless
    4. Changed /system/bin/su and sh permissions (To fix ADBWireless)

Release 4.1:
    1. Switch to aufs (Read/Write system)
    2. Removed Twitter
    3. Add aCCleaner 1.10
    4. Add OneTimeInitializer
    5. Update Maps to 5.1.0
    6. Update YouTube 2.0.26
    7. Enable Device USB Mode by default

Release 4.2:
    1. Fix Root
    2. Add Titanium Backup and sqlite3

Release 4.3

Removed Launcher Pro
    Removed Market 5.1.0
    Added Zeam
    Added Bash 4.1
    Add ButtonMapper
    Update BusyBox to 1.18.3
    Added symlink to tar
    Updated BootLoader to 5.05
    Added Launcher2 for Wallpapers

Market Fix if not working:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Select Applications.
    3. Select Manage Applications.
    4 Press Menu > Filter > All
    5. Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market
    6. Reboot Device

Initial Froyo ROM - 0.4

Based on Li0nHeart's wopad Froyo ROM (Thanks!)

NOTE: Flash does not work!

Summary of Changes:
    Added sensors, fixed rotation
    Added Market Fix
    Added adbWireless
    Added Titanium Backup
    Update Market to 2.3.3

You must use BatchUpgrader with this ROM
    -Market should fill with apps after a reboot or 2

http://goo.gl/ObqJ6

Donate
    I just put the pieces together, but credits go to the following list (updated as I add pieces)

naobsd the credit for making Rockchip RK2818 firmwares possible.
    http://sites.google.com/site/naobsd/android-tablet/apad-irobot
    http://twitter.com/naobsd

Archos fans for the the documentation I used to root the device
    http://wiki.archosfans.com/index.php?title=Dump_your_Home_Tablet_rom_and_create_a_custom_rom

xaueious for the original aufs.ko
    its a 7zip file heres one that's not zipped http://megaupload.com/?d=RV84C5SC rls3 there was a problem with the wifi but this is the one they have every thing working also look for a browser called skyfire thats the one i live by.
    Everything installed fine, but when I went to wireless & networks I get an error reading "

The application Settings (process com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

It asks for force close.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Tom
    Thanx man, it Must be a Different Version from my Current! Thanx Again...

I just Tried to Rename it Update.img but it Said Invalid Update, the Download is also Only 104k Whats up with that?

Any other Download sites? That one I Dont think is Right...

I rooted my device to a 4.3 when I try to access the marketplace it goes to through the set up and says "This could be a temporary problem your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it is continued call customer care" I bought this for my younger kids, I'm hoping to get this working for them for Christmas! Please help!

Guys, as I've said earlier I flashed this rooted ROM - Android 2.2 . It's all good. You must flash this ROM through Batch Upgrader. Download it and run...better if you watch Youtube how to root Craig Tablet, but do the same for the file, which you already downloaded.
    It's easy. :)

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Also One More Question, there's Currently No Recovery Available for our Tablet is there?

Nope, unfortunately, no recoveries. :(