(28 November 2010) iDialer v0.54 - Open Source edition

Search This thread

supbro

Aug 10, 2007
San Diego, CA
dgmltn.com
I would like to announce the next version of iDialer, v0.54! This version is the first open-source version, with code available on Google Code. It also fixes the soft-keys for non-touchscreen phones.

Update: November 28, 2010: It seems Google has changed their URL scheme for some people, so if you get an error message like "unexpected results: m/b/0/sms" then download the new version from my site.

See my website for usage instructions.

Here's a full list of differences between v0.53 and v0.54:

[#] Fixed soft keys: left soft key = "add contact", right soft key = "backspace"
[-] Removed experimental support for dialing via Phone.com
[#] First public release of source code on google code

Public service announcement about 911 calls: please test 911 from your phone before an emergency situation arises. I tried it on my phone the other day with the new Tachi phone canvas and it did not work the first time.

Download from my website:

http://www.supware.net/iDialer/

I have a companion program, GreenButton, which better integrates iDialer into the OS. See my site for details.

Here's my iDialer wishlist for future updates:
  • Custom in-call screen
  • Request any URL

Here's some screenshots:
iDialer-0.54-1.png
iDialer-0.54-2.png

iDialer-0.54-3.png

Last edited:

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Looks nice, real clean! Anyway to get smartdialing working on this? That would make it a winner for me!

Hugo381

Nov 24, 2007
can you make it in the diamond skin to match icontacts with diamond skin? that would look great. thank.

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
I got it working and it's really good but when I do following, select the dialer, can't remember the number I want to dial and want to jump for example to the favorites your app always refers back to the last used function of iContact. In the case when you started iContact and go straight to the dialer and further to the favorites it always will jump to the phone book. Is it possible that you don't remember the last used function and go to the selected one?

pacifox

Jan 1, 2008
Hi,

Thanks for this good apps, but how change number format (***) *** - *** ? (not work for me , in france)

rolandfg

May 28, 2007
Nice one!

May I dare with my very personal wish list:

- options/instructions to map it to the dialer button
- international (configurable?) phone number format. I'm able to place call also with the current phone number format anyway.
- inclusion into iContact (only when the iDialer software will be mature enough)

Anyway does anyone know how to map it to dialer button (the one with the green phone icon)?

Last edited:

outphase

Aug 5, 2007
I'm really looking forward to the grandcentral dialer. I would also like the option to not fully integrate because I would want to use the dialer only for gc.

Keland44

Jun 9, 2006
Cali
nice if you can get grandcentral working that would be great the only think that sucks about grandcentral is that you have to use the number that they gave you
i wish they would open the program back up because I'd like to get a number for cali given that i'm residing here now

pw-man

Apr 16, 2007
supbro - looks like the two dialer skins (xcf) on your site are corrupt. When I downloaded and changed the extension to .png, I couldn't find a paint program that could read them...?

pw-man

Top Liked Posts