ShadowCodeGaming

Sep 17, 2011
Netherlands
HTC Desire
HTC Desire X

shahrier

Mar 17, 2011
hello all,

i have recently bought a nexus one and wondering wht i should flash? I like sense but they appearantly are all very slow. I hate miui. I like cm7 but hate its ui. What should i flash?

Same here, I hate cm7's ADW stuff they use. Stock gingerbread UI is much better compared to ADW.

You can go with BuglessBeast which is mostly stock gingerbread with few additions like over clocking support.

If you want to stay bleeding edge then install MeDroid or TexasIce ICS ROMs. They both have camera and gallery issues, missing hardware acceleration and calendar sync issue.

e.coli

Jan 24, 2012
Calgary
Do apps like whatsapp, angry birds (ftw!) facebook etc. stilll work on ics? I use them very often. Also is ics its gui more user friendly then gingerbread?

In my opinion the GUI is nicer in ICS, but it is not yet stable enough for full time use. I haven't tried games like Angry Birds yet, but I suspect they wouldn't run well, because graphics aren't properly fixed in the port yet.

Gablu

Nov 18, 2011
Karachi
First of all ROM basically is ur choice how u wanna use ur phone.
As u said that u already used miui, y bothering trying any other ROM? It's fast stable and good looking ...
On the other hand sense ROM is also good but u always have the processing issues unless u have a high class SD card.
Bugles beast is a nice suggestion for u to use gingerbread UI with smooth and minimal usage...

PS: since I've started using miui I've not thought about any other ROM :)

Sent from my Nexus WON on MIUI ;-)

Reactions: Y2Ne1

Theshawty

Feb 13, 2011
I've practically tried all the ROMs on here, from MIUI to Sense and I've got a few things to say.
  • MIUI looks like iOS in many ways, but is VERY themable. There are themes for almost anything.
  • CM7 (mainly samuaz's build) is a very fast and stable ROM. It basically displays the stock android experience with a minimal UI. Highly themable.
  • Sense: HTC's firmware now ported to the Nexus One. Features a stunning and hefty UI that takes a lot of resources. I've tried all builds here, but mainly Runny AIO and I have to say that's the best build. I love Sense. It is not really recommended to run Sense if you have a class 2 SD card like I do, but I'll upgrade it for a class 6 one tomorrow.
  • Ice Cream Sandwich/Cyanogenmod 9. Very hyped, but with all rights to it. ICS and/or CM9 are totally awesome ROMs and well worth trying out, despite their flaws. Even with no real hardware acceleration, they're awesome. Use texasice's version if you want near-stock ICS experience with a pinch of evervolv tweaks and use samuaz's build if you want a Cyanogenmod 9 experience. Sometime this year, we'll get an official CM9 build from the Cyanogenmod team, but texasice and samuaz have done an amazing job with porting ICS to us.
  • Other AOSP builds. These builds also kind of displays the stock android experience, but with user added features and frameworks. Some are based partly on Cyanogenmod 7 while others are based on something else. Bugless Beast and OxygeN1mod are among the best in this category.

You're free to choose what ROM suits you best, but my vote goes to Runny AIO or any of the two ICS builds.

Cheers.

ShadowCodeGaming

Sep 17, 2011
Netherlands
HTC Desire
HTC Desire X
I've practically tried all the ROMs on here, from MIUI to Sense and I've got a few things to say.
  • MIUI looks like iOS in many ways, but is VERY themable. There are themes for almost anything.
  • CM7 (mainly samuaz's build) is a very fast and stable ROM. It basically displays the stock android experience with a minimal UI. Highly themable.
  • Sense: HTC's firmware now ported to the Nexus One. Features a stunning and hefty UI that takes a lot of resources. I've tried all builds here, but mainly Runny AIO and I have to say that's the best build. I love Sense. It is not really recommended to run Sense if you have a class 2 SD card like I do, but I'll upgrade it for a class 6 one tomorrow.
  • Ice Cream Sandwich/Cyanogenmod 9. Very hyped, but with all rights to it. ICS and/or CM9 are totally awesome ROMs and well worth trying out, despite their flaws. Even with no real hardware acceleration, they're awesome. Use texasice's version if you want near-stock ICS experience with a pinch of evervolv tweaks and use samuaz's build if you want a Cyanogenmod 9 experience. Sometime this year, we'll get an official CM9 build from the Cyanogenmod team, but texasice and samuaz have done an amazing job with porting ICS to us.
  • Other AOSP builds. These builds also kind of displays the stock android experience, but with user added features and frameworks. Some are based partly on Cyanogenmod 7 while others are based on something else. Bugless Beast and OxygeN1mod are among the best in this category.

You're free to choose what ROM suits you best, but my vote goes to Runny AIO or any of the two ICS builds.

Cheers.

Im gonna stock with runny aio for a few days just to try the new sense. Bugless beast has a2sd?

Reactions: P00r and Y2Ne1

n1newbie

Oct 14, 2011
Tamil Nadu
Great review Theshawty :thumbup:
Hv been using ch33ky's oxygeN1mod for about a month. Its really good. Thinking of trying samuaz's cm7.2 biuld for a change sometime soon :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Reactions: Y2Ne1

Y2Ne1

Feb 7, 2012
Philly , USA
www.youtube.com
hello all,

i have recently bought a nexus one and wondering wht i should flash? I like sense but they appearantly are all very slow. I hate miui. I like cm7 but hate its ui. What should i flash?

try this http://www.mediafire.com/temasek#2tyt9uzxa9ahx

this is temasek CM7 Kang roms

i use the newest one with no cherries

use this link to see full details on those roms >> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=723844&page=2183 <<

your gonna have to scroll down a bit

lil warring tho dont use ROM Tools to change your fronts on this i'm still trying to work around that but no luck =( i LOVE THE DROID Front from rom tools =) wish some can help but i saw no post about that =(

btw >> HIT THE THANK YOU <<< :)

brusyev

Aug 27, 2010
Alternative to Enoms Rom

I am still running Enoms Rom on my N1. This is the most stable and battery effecient Rom I have tried. The problem is that its quite old (Froyo). I was thinking of going to ICS but the stability just isnt there yet. I am thinking of going to Gingerbread instead. Can someone here recommend a good Gingerbread Rom similar to Enoms? I am mainly looking for 720p HTC camera, trackball wake and led notification. Stability and battery life are important as well.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
PS: since I've started using miui I've not thought about any other ROM :)

Sent from my Nexus WON on MIUI ;-)

Me either, and i can't see that ever changing. It really is the best of all worlds. It's unbelievably smooth, stable and pretty as hell. Core apps are vast improvements over that which are found in other ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers.
    Wallpaper:

Theme is default MIUI.

Dock Icons in Zip:

Cheers.

Im gonna stock with runny aio for a few days just to try the new sense. Bugless beast has a2sd?
    Ok. It's been awhile since I've visited the N1 forums and I've since given it to my gf.
    Still feels magical when I pick it up, though. I miss it. :(
    Anyways, the last thing I put on it was MIUI 1.4.1, which was an early GB release and one of the only with the split notification tray (pull down on right side gives toggles, left, notifications) and Tiamat v3.3.7 (one of the first with the Smartass governor) kernel.

It's very stable, and I don't necessarily need to change the ROM (open to suggestions, though).
    What I'd like is to hear about any advancements in battery life, whether it be kernel, ROM or both.
    She doesn't need bells or whistles...just a stable phone where everything works that's gentle on the juice.
    Too bad Enom's retired...his stuff was the best for what I need.
    I'd also like to avoid CM if possible (nothing against it, just seemed to never agree with this particular N1).

Thanks for any and all suggestions...I miss the Nexus 1 forums, but am excited to flash something on it again. :)

I remember Miui 1.4.1, I have been flashing the miui roms since the last Froyo version (1.3.4?) The current miui is 2.2.24 and the last few have been very stable with great battery life for me with the stock build and kernel. I go back and forth between Miui.us and the chinese Miui.com builds and both are great. The layout has changed a bit since the 1.4.1 build but if anything feels more intuitive and easier to find things.
    Depends what you like/use your phone for? I wanted ICS so I went with TexasICS, looks very nice but still has some bugs.