[DEV][RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.3 for Moto G

Search This thread
Anyone else noticing that some files are missing when doing a restore? Whenever I restore a previous backup, the boot animation goes missing and I see the generic "android" boot anim. Also the files from /system/media are gone. I don't get any ringtones or notifications back during a restore.

^This

Edit: so I've uploaded a consolidated copy of all the alarms, notifications, ringtones and ui sounds from the roms that have been posted here with duplicates removed to :-
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/cb7b321e8b/ Extract and copy to your internal storage (or to /system/media if you have root)

For completeness, here are the boot animations :-
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/ba2db7e6d4/ Extract and rename desired animation to bootanimation.zip and copy to /system/media (root required)

The above ripped from cm11, infusion, kk+1.1 and nexus builds with thanks and credit to original coders+cooks

I guess I should check to see if anyone else has already done this and if not, make a new thread...

Last edited:

drfr

Jul 6, 2011
Púchov, Slovakia
Anyone else noticing that some files are missing when doing a restore? Whenever I restore a previous backup, the boot animation goes missing and I see the generic "android" boot anim. Also the files from /system/media are gone. I don't get any ringtones or notifications back during a restore.

Exactly, thought it was only me.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Andiii

Aug 14, 2008
Heidelberg
sorry - double post

^This

Edit: so I've uploaded a consolidated copy of all the alarms, notifications, ringtones and ui sounds from the roms that have been posted here with duplicates removed to :-
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/cb7b321e8b/ Extract and copy to your internal storage (or to /system/media if you have root)

For completeness, here are the boot animations :-
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/ba2db7e6d4/ Extract and rename desired animation to bootanimation.zip and copy to /system/media (root required)

The above ripped from cm11, infusion, kk+1.1 and nexus builds with thanks and credit to original coders+cooks

I guess I should check to see if anyone else has already done this and if not, make a new thread...

I extracted the kk+1.1bootanimation.zip - renamed it to bootanimation.zip and copied it to /system/media.
After restart still showing "android" - did i miss something

****** ok found it *****
because i had to create the media folder under /system (was not there) i forgot to set the permissions... it is working now - THANKS

Last edited:
so i extracted the kk+1.1bootanimation.zip - renamed it to bootanimation.zip and copied it to /system/media.
After restart still showing "android"

I did the same here and it worked. Permissions for the bootanimation.zip file is 0755 rwx r-x r-x

Could it be that you weren't showing extensions for known file types and it's actually now called bootanimation.zip.zip ?

Edit: I'm not sure of you have adb working but if you do then you should be able to
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p34 /system
rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip

Or you could always use a sledgehammer to crack a nut and reflash the rom you're using without wiping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andiii

yeiyei0891

Nov 8, 2013
Which file I need flash for my 4.3 rooted and bootloader opened? I want to do a full backup, test to flash the stock firmware and if I have some problem restore the full backup

yeiyei0891

Nov 8, 2013
I can't update to 4.4.2,I get an error while install 4.4.2 and I want to try flash the EURetailSL.en.EU (for my Spanish phone) from link in one post and later update to 4.4, but if this fail I'll restore the backup

a1Pha

Google Play Edition

Should this work on the google play edition as well?

People are reporting that recoveries do not work on GPE phones yet. Bootloader show version 41.05 on GPE, I guess we'll have to wait for GPE sources to be released to be able to adjust the kernel to new bootloaders. But source code release shouldn't take too long ;)

Reactions: apascual89

frojnd

Oct 26, 2011
Does TWRP work on encrypted 4.4 (OTA) rooted version? Who managed to make it work and how. It would be most pleasant if users who made it work with 4.4 OTA and encrypted phone would share their experience. Thanx.

Last edited:

Cooptx

Jul 28, 2012
Houston, Texas
Does TWRP work on encrypted 4.4 (OTA) rooted version? Who managed to make it work and how. It would be most pleasant if users who made it work with 4.4 OTA and encrypted phone would share their experience. Thanx.

There are instructions in my root guide for flashing a working TWRP on any android version for the Moto G

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

frojnd

Oct 26, 2011
There are instructions in my root guide for flashing a working TWRP on any android version for the Moto G

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Yeah but I already rooted OTA 4.4 after unlocking bootloader with SuperBoot method . So do I have to unroot and then install TWRP and after it root it with supersu flash method?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

What is TWRP?

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Everything should work.

Installation:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Download (thanks to @dhacker29 for this build):
    http://loki.rombitch.com/Devs/Dhacker29/MotoG/TWRP-2.6.3.3-falcon.img
    so i fixed a backup and file manager empty problem from twrp modified from entropy
    set ro.build.product from falcon to falcon_umts for assert issue during flash and future compatibility of cm-11 flash for falcon xt1032

to flash correctly

1) Download this zip and plug your device to usb on pc
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pq7y7kvczkrcyjs/Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_163615.zip
    2) adb push Twrp_MotoG_signed_010814_145044.zip /sdcard/
    3) Go to Recovery Mode (i think also CWM work in flash of this zip)
    4)Install zip from recovery previously flashed and choose after Reboot recovery
    5) test touch,backup,restore,flash and file manager operations
    Since we all are working on CM11 right now there are some priorities to be set - you'll get the full device tree ASAP. First we need to fix some bugs, but I guess by the end of next week there will be a more or less stable CM version (without making any promises) with corresponding device tree.
    When I get home I'll talk to Dees_Troy about debugging touch issues. We've solved booting on 4.4 bootloaders, just need to solve touch response.
    Are you doing builds?

I can't wait! I'll gladly be your alpha/beta tester :laugh:

I don't want to promise anything. My TWRP build was the first TWRP port I ever made for a device. My next target (besides of fixing touch in this TWRP build) is getting a CM to boot. It doesn't, yet - but I guarantee you, that if I don't succeed, somebody else will! :)
    Stay tuned ;)