Sound enhancement dead after update. 136

Search This thread

ubertwik

May 7, 2011
Second time. First on. 290 factory reset fixes it. Now on. 136 :mad: not rooted. Miss titanium back up. Pain to restore my apps. :mad:

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Is it dead or only working with Walkman?
That is what I have noticed after moving to 136.
It only works with Walkman and does not apply to flac files any more so I ended up with all MP3s and using only Walkman as my player for now.

ubertwik

May 7, 2011
I stream music. Sliders work but there's no effect on sounds. I check apps running and it's not there. Anyone tried factory reset?

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
Not gonna bother with a reset until we get the 4.4 update.

This, lol. I'm STILL on 4.2.2, firmware 532. :laugh:

I refuse to update/upgrade until 4.4 Kitkat has been officially released, rooting is EASY and doesn't involve downgrading and causing headaches in doing so...

Current rooting methods take too long to do, it's a pain in the ass!

I did try 4.3 but found no noticeable differences and downgraded to 4.2 again. :)

samsmalls

Mar 7, 2012
Chicago
I stream music. Sliders work but there's no effect on sounds. I check apps running and it's not there. Anyone tried factory reset?

I haven't tried factory reset, because I plan to root now after this & I don't want to re set up the phone, but I stream also. Tune in, Sirius xm, Google music, what I've been doing is dialing my voicemail during music playback to get the eq active / working. Although It doesn't stick a few records loud are better than nothing...

This, lol. I'm STILL on 4.2.2, firmware 532. :laugh:

I refuse to update/upgrade until 4.4 Kitkat has been officially released, rooting is EASY and doesn't involve downgrading and causing headaches in doing so...

Current rooting methods take too long to do, it's a pain in the ass!

I did try 4.3 but found no noticeable differences and downgraded to 4.2 again. :)

What is the current method of rooting .136 if your bootloaders locked, if any? I was reading about flashing .136 FW infused with root then installing SU from memory card, with locked bootloader, but I thought you needed your BL unlocked before one could flash anything on the ZU???:confused::confused:

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
What is the current method of rooting .136 if your bootloaders locked, if any? I was reading about flashing .136 FW infused with root then installing SU from memory card, with locked bootloader, but I thought you needed your BL unlocked before one could flash anything on the ZU???:confused::confused:

There is a way to root 136. However, it involves downgrading to firmware 532, rooting, flashing and so fourth. It's easier rooting using an unlocked bootloader, however, you still need to downgrade in order to root. :(

Reactions: samsmalls

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
There is a way to root 136. However, it involves downgrading to firmware 532, rooting, flashing and so fourth. It's easier rooting using an unlocked bootloader, however, you still need to downgrade in order to root. :(

OT but i'll continue as it may need a little clarification...

If you root 532 and then unlock the bootloader you should never have to downgrade and root again, just wait a week or so for the next upgrade path to become stable in keeping root, but it will normally just be flash FTF, flash recovery, flash SuperSU and maybe a patched kernel (I think well will need another patched kernel for the 4.4 stock update - just a feeling)

If you root 532 and cant unlock the BL, you will have to wait for the devs to build a stock based ROM with SuperSU cooked in, and follow their instructions closely, but again you shouldn't ever have to downgrade and root again if you wait for the Stock ROMs to appear. It tock all of 3? days for the 136 update to have rooted ROMs on the forum

Reactions: samsmalls

Ryland Johnson

Feb 28, 2012
I had the same problem as the OP after the update. Only owned the phone a matter of hours then connected it to my PC to down load files and the Phablet updated then the problems started?
Not uncommon in the technology industry but non the less rather annoying.:crying:

Ryland

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
I did a factory reset on my phone just to see if it would start working with Spotify but nope.

Luckily I pretty much only use Walkman so it doesn't really bother me.

Sent from my Sony Z Ultra

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
I did a factory reset on my phone just to see if it would start working with Spotify but nope.

Luckily I pretty much only use Walkman so it doesn't really bother me.

I actually like Walkman.. just wish it had some FOLDER option so it would be easier for me to find my music unless I am missing that. All I see is Album which is not as good for me.

ubertwik

May 7, 2011
Oh I see no cure for this yet:( thanks saves me a lot of restoring my apps

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
So far only I have seen one person claiming that it works fine for him....I am waiting for the 6802 version of NUT rom to see if that gets me fully working again but not expecting much.

princemarcus19

Jan 26, 2011
Bronx,NY
It's a bug, usually sound enhancement work with everything, this update only makes it wrk with Walkman, restarting phone sometimes makes it work again with everything but once u stop playing music it goes bck to being buggy as he'll.it's annoying.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

dannejanne

Mar 23, 2011
Norrköping, Sweden
It works for me with SNES emulators and such. Seems only Spotify it's not working with. Not sure it ever did because I didn't try before I started updating the Phone.

Spotify might even be the issue here.

Last edited:

ubertwik

May 7, 2011
I tried equalizer apps I used before in my sgs2. It doesn't work too. I stream slackers works fine in my sgs2. Seems to be the update. 136 is really the issue that in only works in walkman. Did Sony knew you this bug?

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
UPDATE!
I got sound enhancement working with 136 for FLAC and any other app. As I recalled I had other issues before when running non 6802 ROMS on my phone, I was still holding on to some hope that a 6802 based 136 ROM would be the one that will work...and IT DID!
I just flashed the 136 from the NUT thread and it is all working great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bugs iron out in Kitkat, so far so good:D

OT but i'll continue as it may need a little clarification...

If you root 532 and then unlock the bootloader you should never have to downgrade and root again, just wait a week or so for the next upgrade path to become stable in keeping root, but it will normally just be flash FTF, flash recovery, flash SuperSU and maybe a patched kernel (I think well will need another patched kernel for the 4.4 stock update - just a feeling)

If you root 532 and cant unlock the BL, you will have to wait for the devs to build a stock based ROM with SuperSU cooked in, and follow their instructions closely, but again you shouldn't ever have to downgrade and root again if you wait for the Stock ROMs to appear. It tock all of 3? days for the 136 update to have rooted ROMs on the forum
    Don't see a bug thread for update. 136 ,I say swtich thread name lolbut I guess this fits here too. For some reason my phone would start vibrating non stop time to time, I never had this issue before 136. anyone have this issue too of just non stop vibration. Restarting phone always stop it.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app