Just got shipped a replacement - HT25

Search This thread

Fingel

Jul 5, 2012
Well, the HT24 I had was infuriating. It had a major case of the dropped mobile connection bug. I was missing calls and txts left and right and I had to go in/out of airplane mode basically every time I wanted to send something out.

The replacement seems to be much better. And I think the Notification LED got an upgrade - its much brighter now. It came stock with the latest software.

One problem - if I shake the phone I can hear something loose inside of it. The phone seems to function fine, but, is it something I should be worried about?

ethantarheels123

Jan 11, 2009
Well, the HT24 I had was infuriating. It had a major case of the dropped mobile connection bug. I was missing calls and txts left and right and I had to go in/out of airplane mode basically every time I wanted to send something out.

The replacement seems to be much better. And I think the Notification LED got an upgrade - its much brighter now. It came stock with the latest software.

One problem - if I shake the phone I can hear something loose inside of it. The phone seems to function fine, but, is it something I should be worried about?

the rattling is the auto focus camera lens. are you sure you are talking about the att version? iirc, ht25 nomenclature is for the international one x.

Fingel

Jul 5, 2012
the rattling is the auto focus camera lens. are you sure you are talking about the att version? iirc, ht25 nomenclature is for the international one x.

Serial number is HT25XW31....
After reading a thread about serial numbers (which I can't find, is the forum search down?) The HT is just the origin of manufacture, where 25 has to do with the date. I think 25 is one of the newer ones.

If I put pressure on the sim slot and shake, the noise seems to lessen. Maybe something is loose in there. But the lens makes sense too.

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
After reading a thread about serial numbers (which I can't find, is the forum search down?) The HT is just the origin of manufacture, where 25 has to do with the date. I think 25 is one of the newer ones.

If I put pressure on the sim slot and shake, the noise seems to lessen. Maybe something is loose in there. But the lens makes sense too.

It's the lens

Sent from my Cleaned up HTC Jelly Bean

look_alive

May 31, 2012
Mine does it. Went to AT&T and tested their display and it did it as well. Consensus across the web seems to agree with the other posters here: its the auto focus lens in the camera, and is designed this way. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fingel

Jul 5, 2012
is there a big difference in the led brightness?

It was only noticeable when I put the phones next to eachother. The new phone's LED was definitely brighter.

However, I'm of the opinion that it is still too dull. The LED is useless as an indicator from any reasonable distance. I basically have to pick up the phone to look at the LED to see if I have any notifications, which defeats the purpose, as I can just unlock the phone at that point.

I like cynogenmod's style, which lights up the soft keys as a notification. That I can see from across the room. I'm looking forward to the point that devel is mature enough with this phone that Cyanogenmod is an easier option.

ethantarheels123

Jan 11, 2009
It was only noticeable when I put the phones next to eachother. The new phone's LED was definitely brighter.

However, I'm of the opinion that it is still too dull. The LED is useless as an indicator from any reasonable distance. I basically have to pick up the phone to look at the LED to see if I have any notifications, which defeats the purpose, as I can just unlock the phone at that point.

I like cynogenmod's style, which lights up the soft keys as a notification. That I can see from across the room. I'm looking forward to the point that devel is mature enough with this phone that Cyanogenmod is an easier option.

cyanogenmod has that feature? wow never knew that

Epos7

Jun 5, 2012
My serial number starts with HT25 and I got the phone on May 5th. I don't think it has anything to do with the date of manufacture.

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com

I had a 25 also on AT&T.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
is there a big difference in the led brightness?

It's hit or miss depending on where the LED's positioned in relation to a speaker hole. "Normal" is recessed directly under a hole. It's easily visible when you're looking down on the phone, less so from an angle. "Bright" is when it's placed too close to the speaker hole and you can see it from another room. The one I saw that way lit up a dark room. "Dim" is when it's between speaker holes and it's really hard to see. When and where the device was built doesn't seem to matter.

Fingel

Jul 5, 2012
My serial number starts with HT25 and I got the phone on May 5th. I don't think it has anything to do with the date of manufacture.

I think the serial number definitely does have something to do with when the device was made. It may not correspond to the exact date, but HTC has to be able to tell where the device came from, and what batch it was in, etc. Whats the point of meaningless serial numbers?

HTC Serial numbers decoded

Droidz

Oct 28, 2009
I just got my warranty and it's and HT26 and it's a million times better in quality than the other 5 HT24's I went through.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

NJGSII

Nov 15, 2011
Howell, NJ
Just got a replacement unit as well through insurance and I've noticed that the notification led is definitely brighter than my old One X