Just got my Nexus 5. Have some questions.

Search This thread

leslieliang

Oct 10, 2012
Chicago
www.youtube.com
I previously had a rooted Samsung S3, so as soon as I set up the phone, all my old apps started getting restored, which was what I wanted. I noticed that superuser was one of the apps that installed successfully. This got me thinking: Is the Nexus 5 rooted from the factory?

There is also a problem I have encountered. I installed Baidu Input, which is a Chinese input. It seems to not work correctly because the Nexus 5 has the 3 buttons on the bottom of the screen (back, home, multitask). Whenever I use the handwriting function of the Baidu Input, the input thinks I am touching an area that is higher than where my finger really is. This offset is the same height as the height of the 3 buttons on the bottom. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

Thanks!

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
No its not rooted from the factory. Supersu is an app from the play store. It is nothing without the binaries. You need to unlock boot loader, flash or run a custom recovery, then flash a supersu.zip package.

Sent from my Nexus 5

E

experience7

Okay, so your first question has been answered :)

Regarding the second one: I have to admit that I didn't look for the app you installed, but I'd recommend you to use the official one provided by Google :) It's called "Google Pinyin" and should be pre-installed if I'm not wrong. If not, you can grab it from here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin&hl=de
If it's installed just head over to 'settings -> language & input' and activate it :)

leslieliang

Oct 10, 2012
Chicago
www.youtube.com
Okay, so your first question has been answered :)

Regarding the second one: I have to admit that I didn't look for the app you installed, but I'd recommend you to use the official one provided by Google :) It's called "Google Pinyin" and should be pre-installed if I'm not wrong. If not, you can grab it from here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin&hl=de
If it's installed just head over to 'settings -> language & input' and activate it :)

Thanks for the reply, but I need the handwriting function of Baidu. I don't know pinyin.