Boot loop, No recovery. help needed :(

Search This thread

mickey909

May 24, 2014
hi guys, ill try and keep it as brief as poss.

Phone was rooted working fine, dropped the phone and cracked the screen so sent for repair. Repair shop returned it back to stock :/
Left phone stock and working fine for a couple of months, accidentally let phone fully discharge and think it damaged the battery. Bought a new battery but the phone just boot loops. Can get into Hboot but when i choose recovery it just starts boot looping again. In a panic i flashed a 3.33 firmware but made no difference. Can someone give me a step by step how to sort? thanks!!

Phone says :
-firmware- 3.33-
pyramid pvt ship s-off rl
hboot 1.27.1100
emmc-boot

Im guessing its also locked because when i do the oem lock in command prompt its saying device is locked. cheers all.

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola

Phone was rooted working fine, dropped the phone and cracked the screen so sent for repair. Repair shop returned it back to stock :/
Left phone stock and working fine for a couple of months, accidentally let phone fully discharge and think it damaged the battery. Bought a new battery but the phone just boot loops. Can get into Hboot but when i choose recovery it just starts boot looping again. In a panic i flashed a 3.33 firmware but made no difference. Can someone give me a step by step how to sort? thanks!!

Phone says :
-firmware- 3.33-
hboot 1.27.1100
emmc-boot

Im guessing its also locked because when i do the oem lock in command prompt its saying device is locked. cheers all.

did you try to reflash recovery to see if will work?

Reactions: mickey909

mickey909

May 24, 2014
why dont you try with recovery.img extract it from zip and use this command fasboot flash recovery recovery.img

Thanks mile_zdr. My Bad. Looks like it wrote ok (writing "recovery" ... OKAY) when i reboot and choose recovery option it still boot loops. :/ maybe im flashing the wrong recovery? Should any sensation recovery work?

Edit : Just flashed the sensation clockwork mod recovery successfully but still getting the boot loop when i hit recovery in the boot loader.

Last edited:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Thanks mile_zdr. My Bad. Looks like it wrote ok (writing "recovery" ... OKAY) when i reboot and choose recovery option it still boot loops. :/ maybe im flashing the wrong recovery? Should any sensation recovery work?

Edit : Just flashed the sensation clockwork mod recovery successfully but still getting the boot loop when i hit recovery in the boot loader.

i think your only option now is to flash a ruu.exe
then try again with recovery

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
since you are on S-OFF change your cid to supercid and choose any ruu you want
also remove your imei and serial number
don't show them in public

but i noticed something else
how in the hell you have ics hboot version with gingerbread firmware?

Last edited:

mickey909

May 24, 2014
since you are on S-OFF change your cid to supercid and choose any ruu you want
also remove your imei and serial number
don't show them in public

but i noticed something else
how in the hell you have ics hboot version with gingerbread firmware?

Thats a very good question rzr86 :) I think i have found the right ruu but i could only find one with a firmware base of 1.73 and my phone is currently 3.33. does it matter or will have to somehow downgrade my firmware to match the ruu?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
Thats a very good question rzr86 :) I think i have found the right ruu but i could only find one with a firmware base of 1.73 and my phone is currently 3.33. does it matter or will have to somehow downgrade my firmware to match the ruu?

using a gingerbread ruu it will automatically downgrade your firmware too

mickey909

May 24, 2014
bootloop in recovery or in the rom?

I found the stock rom for my phone, double clicked the .exe and it went through all the loading process and installed the stock ruu onto my phone but the problem i started with is still there. If i turn the phone on it just goes to the htc logo and then reboots. If i hold power + vol down then pick recovery it does the exact same boot loop. thanks for your help!! :good:

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
I found the stock rom for my phone, double clicked the .exe and it went through all the loading process and installed the stock ruu onto my phone but the problem i started with is still there. If i turn the phone on it just goes to the htc logo and then reboots. If i hold power + vol down then pick recovery it does the exact same boot loop. thanks for your help!! :good:

i think your emmc is damaged
i don't know what else to suggest mate:(
wait if you get better solutions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Phone says :
    -firmware- 3.33-
    hboot 1.27.1100
    emmc-boot

did you try to reflash recovery to see if will work?
    If i connect fastboot-usb and use the command prompt to flash a recovery i get (error-partition doesnt exist!!)

Can i put any recovery on the sd card and somehow load it without using the recovery option?

what command do you use?