Micromax A45 ROOTED!! (MTK 6573)

Search This thread

surajsun22

May 26, 2010
help

hi....

can any1 upload the stock rom for micromax a45 cuz my phone seems to be ****ed up....google play not downloading anything...facebook...says no route to host and voice search not working.......too many problems.....

can any1 help.....:(:(:(:(:(:(

nothin2choose

Feb 22, 2011
Info/Help ?

Hi
i have rooted my phone with the modified boot img........ now if i flash my phone back to the original boot img is my rooting and superuser permissions still gonna stay ?
I want to do this because i m facing a weird problem just aftr my phone was rooted.... i m getting an error n it says "your charger is over voltage, please disconnect your charger" .... n this i m gettin when my charger is not even connected.... if any1 has any idea on how to fix this please help !!!

surajsun22

May 26, 2010
can any1 make a backup of their stock rom and then upload here.... i'm in need of Stock rom for a45....any1 plz help.....

arnabgharay

Aug 24, 2012
sonarpur,kolkata
Hi,

I had earlier posted about a problem i had with clockworkmod on Micromax a45, and i'm really happy to say I have solved it! i edited the recovery.img file and replaced the cwm-kernel with the a45 stock recovery kernel and voila! it works perfectly! :D I have attached the custom recovery img which can be flashed using the SPF Tool. BTW, can anyone suggest any good custom ROMs for micromax a45? Thank you.:laugh:

plz can u say how do u make it..:good:

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

cwmrecovery.img

Make a backup of your stock recovery before flashing this.

going to try donno work or not...but many many thanks for help...:good::)

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

cwmrecovery.img

Make a backup of your stock recovery before flashing this.

it work thanks dude....

prashanthca

Sep 22, 2012
it work thanks dude....

Your Welcome. :highfive: Also, I will post a tutorial on how to change kernels shortly. :D And, did you find any custom ROM for your device?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

can any1 make a backup of their stock rom and then upload here.... i'm in need of Stock rom for a45....any1 plz help.....

Do you need an update.zip file which can be flashed using clockworkmod or just the set of .img files(cache.img,boot.img,system.img,radio.img,recovery.img)?

Reactions: arnabgharay

surajsun22

May 26, 2010
Do you need an update.zip file which can be flashed using clockworkmod or just the set of .img files(cache.img,boot.img,system.img,radio.img,recovery.img)?

yes i need update.zip but it should be flashable from stock recovery... cuz my fone.. is stuck at bootscreen and i only got stock recovery available..

arnabgharay

Aug 24, 2012
sonarpur,kolkata
Your Welcome. :highfive: Also, I will post a tutorial on how to change kernels shortly. :D And, did you find any custom ROM for your device?

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

did u tell me how to find rom..i mean ..i am really donno in what basis i have to find...:silly:
but i try to do ..plz tell me...and ..give me the site link when u made...kernel...:highfive:

surajsun22

May 26, 2010
@prashanthca

can these images be flashed using sp flash tool??

also does flashing system.img will recover my fone cuz i think my system files r curropted ( i clicked on fix market links in root explorer which bricked my fone..)

if yes then can i have it (system.img) or any other files required to recover my fone..

prashanthca

Sep 22, 2012
Custom recovery

yes i need update.zip but it should be flashable from stock recovery... cuz my fone.. is stuck at bootscreen and i only got stock recovery available..

Okay. I do have the update.zip file, but it CAN'T be flashed through stock recovery. Download the custom recovery from here and flash it using SP Flash Tool(Explained in the first post). Then you'll have ClockworkMod Recovery which allows you to flash this update.zip file. I will upload the update.zip by tomo.:D

Here's how to flash with SP Flash Tool[In case you didn't know how]:
1. Download SP Flash Tool from here.[SPF Tool.zip]
2. Download MT6573_Android_scatter.txt file from here.[MT6573_Android_scatter.txt]
3. Download a45recovery.img from here.
4. Extract SPF Tool.zip and Run Flash_tool.exe from there.
5. Click File->Open Scatter-loading file and select the MT6573_Android_scatter.txt you downloaded.
6. Now uncheck everything except RECOVERY. Click on recovery and select a45recovery.img you downloaded.
7. Now turn off your Micromax A45, remove battery and put it back(DONT switch it back on).
8. Press Download in the SP Flash Tool window, then When the countdown starts, connect your phone to PC.
9. After it's done, disconnect the phone, remove battery and put it back. Boot the phone into Recovery mode, You should have Clockworkmod 5.8.:D

surajsun22

May 26, 2010
also i tried flashing a45recovery-cwm.img i.e provided in this thread but i got this error

EBOOT ERROR : ( 16008 )

[Android] Partition size changed!

[Hint]
Partial images download error.
the following partitions must be down FULL downloaded all together.

UPDATE:

now i got CWM.. so can u now provide me update.zip so that i can bring my fone back to life....

:D :D

Last edited:

prashanthca

Sep 22, 2012
also i tried flashing a45recovery-cwm.img i.e provided in this thread but i got this error

EBOOT ERROR : ( 16008 )

[Android] Partition size changed!

[Hint]
Partial images download error.
the following partitions must be down FULL downloaded all together.

How many times have you tried? Did you get this error on all of the times? Also i think flashing rootedboot.img on BOOT sector with the a45recovery-cwm.img on RECOVERY sector might solve the problem.

Reactions: surajsun22

surajsun22

May 26, 2010
How many times have you tried? Did you get this error on all of the times? Also i think flashing rootedboot.img on BOOT sector with the a45recovery-cwm.img on RECOVERY sector might solve the problem.

i got CWM now thnx fr dat tutorial...:D:D:D:D (it was d wrong scatter file )

now waiting fr d a45 update.zip......:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, this is it! MICROMAX A45 has been rooted!! :laugh:

Things you would be needing:

1. SP flash tool -> ver 2.1 preffered (google it)
    2. Download and extract my attatched .rar file.
    3. Unlockroot (get it from www.unlockroot.com).
    4. MTK drivers (download the attatchment from this xda post)
    5. ADB drivers (No need to worry about, unlockroot will automatically setup the adb driver while rooting)

Ok so let's move on to the steps:

1. This rar file contains my modified boot.img & the A45 scatter file (needed by SP Tools, tells the SP tools which rom addresses to flash).
    2. Install the MTK drivers, just run the InstallDriver.exe program inside the MTK folder).
    3. Most of you might be experienced with flashing through SP Tools, for those who are using it for the first time read this excellent guide on how to use it -> MTK Flashing Using SP Tools
    4. After flashing, reboot your handset by taking out and reinserting the battery.
    5. When the phone boots up go to Settings->Applications->Development and tick mark "Enable Debugging".
    6. Now attach your phone using the data cable.
    7. Open Unlockroot program through windows start menu.
    8. Click the big green root button.
    9. It will ask for installing drivers, click "yes"...it's now installing the ADB drivers.
    10. Finally it will root your phone and will ask you for rebooting the phone, click yes.
    11. Let your A45 reboot.

Finally after booting, check the app drawer for an application "Superuser"...Congratulations!! your A45 is successfully rooted!!!...:highfive:

Credits:

Me! :cowboy:
    Sahil Deep, gave me a link to an original boot.img of A45

Caution: You can softbrick your device if you play around much on "GOD MODE" (Superuser mode), know what you are doing and accept the consequences if you make your device unusable (although highly rare)..

ANY QUESTIONS?? DONT HESITATE TO ASK ME!! POST IT TO THE FORUM, NO PM!

&..hey press the 'thanks' button if u think i deserve it..:angel:

EDIT: I HAVE ALSO ATTATCHED THE ORIGINAL BOOT.IMG OF THE A45 FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO USE THE STOCK BOOT.IMG!
    Micromax A45 xLoud,Bravia Engine,Beats Audio update.zip

Try my new MOD for Micromax A45 with xLoud Sony Bravia Engine and Beats Audio :):)

(Plz do a CWM backup before installing)

http ://d-h.st/PTd

Don't forget to say thanks:good::good::good:

UPDATE: (There is a bug in this update only SIM 1 works and locker changes )
    Micromax A45 stock rom

i got CWM now thnx fr dat tutorial...:D:D:D:D (it was d wrong scatter file )

now waiting fr d a45 update.zip......:D:D:D:D

Here's the stock rom for micromax a45. Wipe data,cache and Dalvik Cache before flashing it.
    micromax_a45.zip
    Custom recovery

Okay. I do have the update.zip file, but it CAN'T be flashed through stock recovery. Download the custom recovery from here and flash it using SP Flash Tool(Explained in the first post). Then you'll have ClockworkMod Recovery which allows you to flash this update.zip file. I will upload the update.zip by tomo.:D

Here's how to flash with SP Flash Tool[In case you didn't know how]:
    1. Download SP Flash Tool from here.[SPF Tool.zip]
    2. Download MT6573_Android_scatter.txt file from here.[MT6573_Android_scatter.txt]
    3. Download a45recovery.img from here.
    4. Extract SPF Tool.zip and Run Flash_tool.exe from there.
    5. Click File->Open Scatter-loading file and select the MT6573_Android_scatter.txt you downloaded.
    6. Now uncheck everything except RECOVERY. Click on recovery and select a45recovery.img you downloaded.
    7. Now turn off your Micromax A45, remove battery and put it back(DONT switch it back on).
    8. Press Download in the SP Flash Tool window, then When the countdown starts, connect your phone to PC.
    9. After it's done, disconnect the phone, remove battery and put it back. Boot the phone into Recovery mode, You should have Clockworkmod 5.8.:D
    CWM recovery for Micromax a45

Hi,

I had earlier posted about a problem i had with clockworkmod on Micromax a45, and i'm really happy to say I have solved it! i edited the recovery.img file and replaced the cwm-kernel with the a45 stock recovery kernel and voila! it works perfectly! :D I have attached the custom recovery img which can be flashed using the SPF Tool. BTW, can anyone suggest any good custom ROMs for micromax a45? Thank you.:laugh: