[Q] Ting and data issues

Search This thread

corona36

Apr 30, 2008
So I wanted to pay less money than the crazy money I was wasting with VZW so I researched other carriers. I picked Ting since they seemed to offer the most bang for the buck. I ordered an LG OG on ebay and got it hooked up. After I completed activation I let it sit and wait for the data signal. It never came. I've tried every reset available to try to get this thing running. APNs don't do anything. Resets don't do anything. I tried different roms and made it worse. Now I'm back to stock and still dead in the water. I can't run hands free activation whether I'm on WiFi or not. I get error 67 when I turn my data back on. My prl, profile, and firmware all report back authentication errors.

I've exhausted my knowledge at this point and now turn to you fine folks. Anyone else had any luck getting things like this to work?

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
So I wanted to pay less money than the crazy money I was wasting with VZW so I researched other carriers. I picked Ting since they seemed to offer the most bang for the buck. I ordered an LG OG on ebay and got it hooked up. After I completed activation I let it sit and wait for the data signal. It never came. I've tried every reset available to try to get this thing running. APNs don't do anything. Resets don't do anything. I tried different roms and made it worse. Now I'm back to stock and still dead in the water. I can't run hands free activation whether I'm on WiFi or not. I get error 67 when I turn my data back on. My prl, profile, and firmware all report back authentication errors.

I've exhausted my knowledge at this point and now turn to you fine folks. Anyone else had any luck getting things like this to work?

Have you seen this thread yet? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2340437

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

octhrope

Oct 24, 2009
Right now running full stock with no root or unlock. Same as it was when I first got it.

sounds like someone sold you a **** phone. I wonder if its an international version flashed to be sprint. i would go through the lgnpst process then see if you can update prl and profile. you cant really run the automatic activation thing. also try the irc some of the guys on there could help too.