[Q] Help! Fastboot USB but computer isn't seeing my device

Search This thread

Kilgore Catfish

May 9, 2014
Ok so long story short: I installed Cyanogenmod onto my HTC One using their installer, used it for a month or so and decided to flash it back to stock, but not before flashing a Google Play Edition rom (Android Revolution's). The rom got me stuck in a bootloop which i've read should be pretty easy to get out of, however my computer won't recognize my phone. I've also done something while trying to clear caches and what not that says the phone isn't rooted. I've tried to re-root it but since i can't drop the file into my sd file (can't see my phone on my computer) i can't do that either. Whenever i do try to reboot out of bootloader i get stuck at the HTC loading screen. I can get the red FASTBOOT USB and my comp dings when i plug in, but i can't see my phone. I've tried re-downloading drivers. Device manager sees my phone, but i can't access my sd card. I also can't get abd push to work either.

I'm pretty damn new to all this...probably started playing around prematurely. I've read quite a few tutorials so i'm not completely dense as to how all this works, but pretty close to it. If i could just get my computer to see my device, get the root and a new rom file on my sd, i'm pretty sure i could figure the rest out. Also, my apologies if this has been answered before; I did some digging an didn't see anything that helped my issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Kilgore Catfish

May 9, 2014
Also...i should probably mention that i was playing around with the format /system etc commands in CMW recovery...and it's likely i may have rebooted at some point afterwards....so i'm pretty sure that is what is causing the HTC screen issue, but I still feel my main issue here is the inability to get any zip files or anything for that matter onto my sd.

Once again...any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks