Samsung Refuse to admit Note 2 N7102 does NOT work in North America

Search This thread

yanyu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 5nd Update

we will have our people in China meeting with Samsung people flying from head office tomorrow.

Stay Tuned

Another Media report

http://translate.google.com/transla...tnews.itxinwen.com/tsal/2013/0306/485287.html

Mar 2nd Update

Sorry I didn't keep this post update regularly.

But I didn't rest. I have already gathered more than 200 people in China fighting against Samsung over the N7102 Baseband issue. (QQ group 289956485 )

We are trying in every possible way to push Samsung, and force them to face us.

We already have a lot of media following this issue about Samsung's false advertisement, and we are trying to taking Samsung China to the court as well.

At the same time, Samsung is trying to stop us.

They negotiated with a lot of medias to stop their news on their website and megzine.
They bribed most of chinese video hosting site to delete my demonstration video.

We will not stop !

Here's two things that you can do if you want to help us:

1. We are trying to gather as many as possible signned paper to file 315 report.(BBB in China)
download the docment below, sign, and send to our email 631265979@qq.com

2. If you live in New York, please contact me right away. I hope we can have some people go to
March 14th's Galaxy S IV lauch event with a big sign to tell Samsung head office, N7102 have a problem.
I beleive if Samsung Korea or their head office are aware of these issue, a solution will come out very fast.

Feb 16th Update

After took apart the N7102, the Base Band chipset in the phone is Qualcomm ESC6270+ Intel XG626

Intel XG626 supports GSM 850/900/1900/2100 + WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 without a problem, a lot of phones are using this chipset.

But I can't find any information about Qualcomm ESC6270

The only thing I found is a LG C320 phone with repair manual HERE

This phone use ESC6270 with Support GSM 850, but in this manual, some places says it has ESC6270, some places says it has QSC6270.

If any one can figure out more from here, please let me know.

2012122213125949.jpg

Original Post

According to 60 pages thread in here,

the conclusion is N7102 will not work on 850 1900 WCDMA in Slot1 and 850 1900 GSM Slot2

I already sent report to Samsung China official website, and hope they can finish the update soon

===========================
here is a possible way that might let the 850 and 1900 work. But with current ROM version, it's not working.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37162564&postcount=523

May be we can try flash international N7102 rom instead of the China Unicom one.
I don't know where to find it tho...
=============================

Summary of the Problem:

Micro Sim, Slot1
Should be
GSM 850/900/1900/2100
Plus
WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100

Actual:
GSM 850/900/1900/2100 ALL works
WCDMA 900/2100 works
WCDMA 850/1900 not working

Big Sim, Slot2
Should be
GSM only with 850/900/1900/2100

Actual:
GSM 900/2100 works
GSM 850/1900 not working

Attachments

• N7102_Appeal_EN_V1.pdf
    61 KB · Views: 875
Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007

the conclusion is N7102 will not work on 850 1900 WCDMA in Slot1 or 850 1900 GSM Slot2

I already sent report to Samsung China official website, and hope they can finish the update soon

here is a possible way that might let the 850 and 1900 work. But with current ROM version, it's not working.

May be we can try flash international N7102 rom instead of the China Unicom one.

sorry to say, there is no international version, N7102 is a china only model.

Dwokfur

Dec 9, 2012
Budapest
atoth.sote.hu
Re: Dual Sim Dual Stand By N7102 to work in North America with GSM + 3G

the conclusion is N7102 will not work on 850 1900 WCDMA in Slot1 or 850 1900 GSM Slot2

There are two ROMs for this phone. The China Unicorn and the other Chinese. I'm using the other, but I live in Europe and can't test 850 and 1900 bands. However I see, that the band selection menu has had some changes lately. So they might working on it. I guess there must be some Chinese people traveling to the US - at least from Hong-Kong - who want to make use of their phone out there. Or from Taiwan or Korea...
I suspect the hardware must be capable of handling those bands. I don't believe Samsung would ever produce intentionally a non-quad band phone...

Sent from my GT-N7102 using xda app-developers app

frav

Jan 23, 2007
Paris

I'd put it that way, the questions are :
- is it a HW related issue: embedded HW doesn't support other bands than 900/2100 then you are stuck with Slot 1 WCDMA 900/2100/Quad Band GSM and Slot 2 GSM 900 2100.
- is it a SW issue : then it could be at 2 levels: Radio chipset firmware (which seems to be reconfigurable using QPST tool, but no proper qcn file for now ...) or ROM level (using a different modem file when flashing).

If anyone has "the guts" to open his N7102 to take a look at the chipset (or knows a way to fins out what radio chipset is in there).... This could answer quite a lot of questions...

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I'd put it that way, the questions are :
- is it a HW related issue: embedded HW doesn't support other bands than 900/2100 then you are stuck with Slot 1 WCDMA 900/2100/Quad Band GSM and Slot 2 GSM 900 2100.
- is it a SW issue : then it could be at 2 levels: Radio chipset firmware (which seems to be reconfigurable using QPST tool, but no proper qcn file for now ...) or ROM level (using a different modem file when flashing).

If anyone has "the guts" to open his N7102 to take a look at the chipset (or knows a way to fins out what radio chipset is in there).... This could answer quite a lot of questions...

i'm sure the radio is h/w base, but needs the s/w or drivers to enable it, thats if samsung has disabled the band.

Honnoshin

May 1, 2012

I have official response from Samsung support team about wcdma/gsm 850mhz frequency support in N7102.
尊敬的三星用户,您好!

非常感谢您对三星电子及三星电子产品的关注!我是三星电子在线服务手机产品组负责人。

您本次邮件中咨询的问题是:N7102不能在美国使用。

您好,很抱歉给您带来不便了,此款N7102是联通的双卡双待手机,由于不同国家地区电话卡的制式是有一定区别的,对于美国的电话卡能否使用,需要您联系美国电话卡网络运行商确认。

此款手机支持的网络频段是:WCDMA:850/900/1900/2100MHz;GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHz。对于国内卡在美国能否使用,需要取决于美国的网络频率和手机的网络和网络频率是否一致 。 国内电话卡需要开通国际漫游业务。

美国是一个多频率的国家,不同的州之间网络和网络频段可能会有所不同。由于美国的网络或网络频率我们没有相关信息,请您联系您当地网络运营商或办理签证的地方咨询。

联通的3G卡需要插入卡槽1中,使用联通3G网络信号,需要满足以下条件:

1.需要使用联通3G卡,并且周围有联通3G网络信号。

2.更改网络模式尝试:设置-更多设置-移动网络-网络模式-WCDMA。

3.建议您更换其他位置尝试。

非常感谢您对三星电子以及三星电子产品的支持,希望我们为您提供的回复对您有所帮助。

欢迎继续与我们保持邮件联系

更多帮助请参考以下联络方式

联络方式
服务说明

服务中心
查询产品信息及常见问题解答

在线客服
周一至周日 8:00~17:00
(国家法定节日除外)

服务热线
400-810-5858
周一至周五 8::00~21:00
周六及周日 8:00~17:00

hendrickchan

Jun 23, 2009
Samsung China might want to test out their units and verify first before they respond. That reply seems like they didn't even investigate, just wrote something to say that they replied asap.

Honnoshin

May 1, 2012
Can you send me Samsung Support email please? I have a few question from them

There is no official email of Samsung support. To send them an email you need to open N7102 support page on samsung.cn website, then open email support, choose needed criteria and send email request to them. I used google translate.

yanyu

this is what I got from Samsung CN

感谢您来信反映三星产品存在的问题,我是三星电子在线服务手机产品组负责人,负责产品功能使用方面问题的处理。

由于三星电子产品方面的原因给您带来的不便,我们深表歉意。

三星电子中国服务总部设有处理用户投诉及建议的专职部门,我们已将您反馈的信息详细记录并反馈到此部门。

目前,投诉处理部门正积极协商解决方案,并会有专人与您联系,恳请您耐心等待,保持电话的畅通。

感谢您对三星电子的支持与厚爱,希望您看到这封邮件时,能够感受到我们与您同样迫切的心情及我们诚挚的歉意。

在此,期待您的谅解与支持。

I don't know if Samsung will really look in to this if there is only a few people complaint.

I already dispute this to 315 (Chinese BBB ), and I have gathered a group of people in QQ group 289956485

so if you us QQ, please join

yanyu

There are two ROMs for this phone. The China Unicorn and the other Chinese. I'm using the other, but I live in Europe and can't test 850 and 1900 bands. However I see, that the band selection menu has had some changes lately. So they might working on it. I guess there must be some Chinese people traveling to the US - at least from Hong-Kong - who want to make use of their phone out there. Or from Taiwan or Korea...
I suspect the hardware must be capable of handling those bands. I don't believe Samsung would ever produce intentionally a non-quad band phone...

Sent from my GT-N7102 using xda app-developers app

I'm in Canada and I have the phone with me. Canada use the same WCDMA and GSM band with US.

My phone version is
Build# ZCAMA7
Baseband # ZCAMA2

I guess mine is the China Unicom version, but where can I download the other Chinese version?

Plus, ChinaUnicom is the only company release this phone, where does the other Chinese version come from? Is it samsung official or Carrier official or 3rd party?

tee1

Jan 19, 2013
Los Angeles
this is what I got from Samsung CN

感谢您来信反映三星产品存在的问题,我是三星电子在线服务手机产品组负责人,负责产品功能使用方面问题的处理。

由于三星电子产品方面的原因给您带来的不便,我们深表歉意。

三星电子中国服务总部设有处理用户投诉及建议的专职部门,我们已将您反馈的信息详细记录并反馈到此部门。

目前,投诉处理部门正积极协商解决方案,并会有专人与您联系,恳请您耐心等待,保持电话的畅通。

感谢您对三星电子的支持与厚爱,希望您看到这封邮件时,能够感受到我们与您同样迫切的心情及我们诚挚的歉意。

在此,期待您的谅解与支持。

I don't know if Samsung will really look in to this if there is only a few people complaint.

I already dispute this to 315 (Chinese BBB ), and I have gathered a group of people in QQ group 289956485

so if you us QQ, please join

From what I have read this is affecting all users at 850 throughout the world. So I think it is a software issue. I hope people keep contacting Samsung Support to get them to at least address the issue. I think it has to addressed to Samsung like this, when people from china travel to the USA there phone will not work. That becomes a safety issue. There are large number of travelers from mainland China to the USA.

Thanks for all the help for us USA users.

Honnoshin

May 1, 2012
it's Chinese new year now, so things might be very slow here.

I guess the fix will be due in at least 1~2 month

Even if it will be fixed at next 1-2 month, it would be great. Since I'm travelling to the US a lot, I do need 3G connection for sim1 and GSM for sim2.
Will keep pushing them :eek:

kiwiandy

Mar 29, 2008
Christchurch

I am visiting family in China for Chinese new year.
We called the samsung support line today to complain about the lack of 850Mhz WCDMA support.
After 20 minutes discussion in which they tried every excuse why it is my fault, or the sim card is faulty, etc they finally agreed to escalate the problem.
I have been promised a return call within 24 hours.
Will cross fingers.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium HD app

Honnoshin

May 1, 2012
We called the samsung support line today to complain about the lack of 850Mhz WCDMA support.
After 20 minutes discussion in which they tried every excuse why it is my fault, or the sim card is faulty, etc they finally agreed to escalate the problem.
Will cross fingers.

Nice job! They always need a punch to make things working :cool:

tee1

Jan 19, 2013
Los Angeles
Will cross fingers.

They know the problem, now it just has to get elevated to the right department at Samsung. I think we should also try to contact Corporate in Korea as well. One more thing is contacting cnet asia & zd net asia to get a little press for at least false adverting the phone.

Thanks for you help.

kiwiandy

Mar 29, 2008
Christchurch

Will cross fingers.

So they did actually a call me back today. A different guy went through the same standard denial process however I remained patient and after another 20+ minute discussion has agreed to have an engineer call me back.. Fortunately I know enough technically to counter all their standard excuses.
He did say that it might not be until 16th when the engineers get back to work after vacation.

It seems they are trying hard to deny the problem. I'm not sure if it's just ignorance of the issue, or they have deeper reasons why they don't want to see or can't fix this?

Reactions: tee1 and 白い熊

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mar 2nd Update

But I didn't rest. I have already gathered more than 200 people in China fighting against Samsung over the N7102 Baseband issue.

We already have a lot of media following this issue about Samsung's false advertisement on this issue, and we are trying to taking Samsung China to the court as well.

They negotiated with a lot of medias to stop their news on their website and megzine.
    They bribed most of chinese video hosting site to delete my demonstration video.

We will not stop !

1. We are trying to gather as many as possible signned paper to file 315 report.(BBB in China)

2. If you live in New York, please contact me right away. I hope we can have some people go to
    March 14th's Galaxy S IV lauch event with a big sign to tell Samsung head office, N7102 have a problem.
    I beleive if Samsung Korea or their head office are aware of these issue, a solution will come out very fast.

Will cross fingers.

@andyhkng try +864008105858.

Guys, take a look at this link.

http://news.chengdu.cn/content/2013-02/26/content_1163660.htm?node=583

Finally some press about the N7102's problems. The earlier we get this on gadget sites the better.
    we will have our people in China meeting with Samsung people tomorrow.

Mar 5nd Update

we will have our people in China meeting with Samsung people flying from head office tomorrow.

Stay Tuned

Another Media report

http://translate.google.com/transla...tnews.itxinwen.com/tsal/2013/0306/485287.html

Mar 2nd Update

But I didn't rest. I have already gathered more than 200 people in China fighting against Samsung over the N7102 Baseband issue. (QQ group 289956485 )

We already have a lot of media following this issue about Samsung's false advertisement, and we are trying to taking Samsung China to the court as well.

We will not stop !

Feb 16th Update

After took apart the N7102, the Base Band chipset in the phone is Qualcomm ESC6270+ Intel XG626

Intel XG626 supports GSM 850/900/1900/2100 + WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 without a problem, a lot of phones are using this chipset.

But I can't find any information about Qualcomm ESC6270

The only thing I found is a LG C320 phone with repair manual HERE

This phone use ESC6270 with Support GSM 850, but in this manual, some places says it has ESC6270, some places says it has QSC6270.

If any one can figure out more from here, please let me know.

2012122213125949.jpg

Original Post

the conclusion is N7102 will not work on 850 1900 WCDMA in Slot1 and 850 1900 GSM Slot2

Summary of the Problem:

Micro Sim, Slot1
    Should be
    GSM 850/900/1900/2100
    Plus
    WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100

Actual:
    GSM 850/900/1900/2100 ALL works
    WCDMA 900/2100 works
    WCDMA 850/1900 not working