[KERNEL][TW] Note2Core v2.10 - Standard, OC, Extreme; AsylumCore 2.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
Note2Core Kernel for Galaxy Note II N7100 / N7105 (LTE)

I am posting this here because it works on our LTE notes, since they all use a Qualcomm modem. I am running I on my AT&T note with no issues. All credit goes to g.lewarne - I am just posting here to so he doesn't have to maintain 2 threads. See his original post here

For the moment, exFAT formatted SD cards are NOT supported.

About this kernel
This kernel is built from pure Samsung GT-N7100 source, with modifications and tweaks to provide the best user experience in reliability, performance and stability. Built upon my experience firstly with NoteCore and then HydraCore for the original Note, as many of you know, I strive for the best

There are 4 versions of each kernel, for the International LTE model GT-N7105.

This kernel has all debuging removed - logcat, android log, kernel log, schedular log, etc etc all disabled. This is for performance reasons, so if you are a developer this kernel is probably not for you

Kernel Versions
There are three variants of the kernel for each device

STANDARD (STD) - 1.6ghz FSync() enabled
OVERCLOCK (OC) - 1.8ghz FSync() enabled
EXTREME (EX) - 1.8ghz FSync() disabled
ASYLUM (AS) - 1.920ghz FSync() disabled

The standard version, has no modifications to the processor clocks or voltages and can be considered a direct replacement for the stock kernel, and with FSync() enabled is completely stable

The OC kernel automatically scales up to 1.8ghz, with the proven voltages and stability from the perseus kernel (the same frequency table is used), and with FSync() enabled is completely stable

The EX kernel also scales to 1.8ghz, and has FSync() disabled. It offers by far the best possible performance. In rare circumstances you must be aware that this can lead to data corruption and the need to wipe / reflash a rom back to the phone. 99% of people will have no issues with this, as it has been extensively tested and proven on my previous kernel, but the risk is there. Dont go moaning to me if you lose your data and haven't got a nandroid backup!

The AS kernel is meant for the crazy ones. People who come from an asylum, those from the Note 1 know I am crazy, so this was meant for them. If there is a demand for the 7100 I will build that as well. I am not responsible if you are able to cook bacon on your device after running. It features up to a 1.920ghz over clock, and 640ghz on the GPU, it will go up, however for the moment we will run with 640. The phantom bug is that voltages cannot be set with SetCPU. Neither myself nor gavin know why. The code is spot on. So we don't get it. Lol. The source code is on github.com/glewarne

Kernel Features
- Built from official GT-N7100 sources
- 1.6 / 1.8ghz auto scaling
- Optimised VM memory settings, and global readahead
- Auto-rooting of any rom when flashed, even stock
- init.d script support
- CPU Voltage support through 3rd party apps
- Modified GPU DVFS utilisation steps for maximum GPU performance, far better than stock (this is NOT overclocking!)
- No logging / debugging of any kind for higher performance
- Decreased CPU frequency transition latency
- CRC32 slicing-by-8 algorithm
- SLUB allocator
- PEGASUSQ governor (default, others available)
- NOOP schedular, (default, others available)
- +50mb more free ram compared to all other kernels
- lots of other minor tweaks and changes
- ODIN TAR and CWM ZIPS available for all versions
- TouchWiz roms only

Download - Current Version v1.00
For N7105 (LTE) phones - Links pulled

The latest AsylumCore versions can be found - link pulled

Changelog

Asylum 2.11
-fixed 640 gpu clock(it works now!)
-switched to google 4.7 toolchain
-Note2Core STD, OC remain unchanged. AsylumCore EX and AS versions updated with 640 GPU clocks.

- Rebuilt from new N7100T source, released Dec 3rd
- All rotation issues in 4.1.2 fixed
- GPU steps reworked for better speed and responsiveness
- Built with linaro 12.11 GCC toolchain, with -O3 optimisation level
- lots of other internal changes

AsylumCore V2.01 - source on github now - github.com/antiochasylum/note2core_asylumcore_note2kernel
- version with *733* in file name is the 733 GPU @ 1150mV
- based off new source code 7100T
- compiled using latest linaro tool chain
- tweaked gpu scaling
- ro.secure=0 - I was tired of typing mount -o remount,rw -t /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /system everytime to push a modified APK
- voltage bug still present :(

AsylumCore 1.339
- 1.920 CPU over clock
- 640 GPU clock
- other optimizations

v1.05
- Fixed Voltages
- Other minor changes
- Source is now on github - github.com/glewarne

v1.02
- Fixed video recording
- Added custom boot animation support, to use place desired boot animation in /system/media under *bootanimation.zip*

v1.01
- Fixed video playback for some users.

v1.00
- Initial release :)

Source Code
Click here

Credits and Thanks
sswagonman for being the bravest of souls, and a good friend
g.lewarne for his encouragement, help and support and friendship
phjz for coding help

Some parts of my code changes can be attributed to the following - Entropy512, franciscofranco, hardcore, gokhanmoral, AnderiLux

If I have forgotten anyone, let me know and ill add you to the list!

Last edited:

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
Hmm I flashed the OC version on my note 2 seems to be running great but the phone does not see my external sd card :/ just says external card removed safe to remove now even when trying to remount it, my card is formated to exFat not sure if that is the problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mac11700

Aug 16, 2010
St.Louis
Love seeing the development...can't wait till my 14 day grace period is up...I got to be good for at least that long:angel::angel::angel:

Mac

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
Hmm I flashed the OC version on my note 2 seems to be running great but the phone does not see my external sd card :/ just says external card removed safe to remove now even when trying to remount it, my card is formated to exFat not sure if that is the problem

Yes, exFAT is not supported, we just found out. A fix is coming soon. Also videos in games such as zombie wood don't play. Fixes coming soon.

Reactions: turilo

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Nice to see another kernel here.

Can you please update the OP with a link to the original n7100/n7105 kernel thread? (It might make it easier for users to pop over there and see current discussion, etc.)

Also, I'm kind of curious what kind of difference people have noticed by blocking the majority of kernel logging. In theory, it shouldn't make make a significant difference, but I never got around to testing it, so I'm not sure how well the theory applies. (kernel logs aren't backed by persistent storage, so there's no real I/O overhead to it.)

Take care
Gary

Reactions: antiochasylum

So I checked the extfat on extreme and I have access to all files. Also checked the storage under settings and everything looks to be mounted.

sent using gNote II.

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
Nice to see another kernel here.

Can you please update the OP with a link to the original n7100/n7105 kernel thread? (It might make it easier for users to pop over there and see current discussion, etc.)

Also, I'm kind of curious what kind of difference people have noticed by blocking the majority of kernel logging. In theory, it shouldn't make make a significant difference, but I never got around to testing it, so I'm not sure how well the theory applies. (kernel logs aren't backed by persistent storage, so there's no real I/O overhead to it.)

Take care
Gary

Its there. Very top where I said I was posting here to help him maintain

Reactions: Brava27 and garyd9

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Love seeing the development...can't wait till my 14 day grace period is up...I got to be good for at least that long:angel::angel::angel:

Mac

+1
Was trying to do the same thing but, already stated custRomizing. Tethering working perfectly. So now on the the kernel for some speed!:D:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
Just curious what governor and schedulerare you using....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Using the extreme version, pegasusq and noop.

If you guys try and play a movie in game, of won't work. There is a fox already and I'm running it on my phone. However he is trying to figure out ex fat before another version. :)

redrider54

Jun 15, 2011
New Mexico, US
I just flashed this , cleared all my cache prior and after to installing it but for some reason I can't watch a video. ( I know you stated you can't in a game, but I can't in just my gallery)

I installed the OC one.. I will reflash to std one and report back

EDIT: flashed the STD one cleared all caches again and nothing.

Last edited:

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Using the ex kernal without oc on dagr8 rom. Getting quadrant of 6700 if it matters to anyone.

Sent from the TermiNOTEr 2! ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353354827823.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353354827823.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,173

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
I just flashed this , cleared all my cache prior and after to installing it but for some reason I can't watch a video. ( I know you stated you can't in a game, but I can't in just my gallery)

I installed the OC one.. I will reflash to std one and report back

Watch a video in what? The gallery works, you tube works, the only thing that should not is video through a game. Which has been fixed, and uploaded. download the new version 1.01 :)

Reactions: redrider54

redrider54

Jun 15, 2011
New Mexico, US
Watch a video in what? The gallery works, you tube works, the only thing that should not is video through a game. Which has been fixed, and uploaded. download the new version 1.01 :)

Yeah I wasn't able to watch a video in my gallery, I just reflashed to the Perseus kernel after another cache wipe and it works again.

I tried both the OC and STD ones you had linked but both would not allow me to watch a video. ( Just gave me an error)

I will download the new version and try thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

I can CONFIRM V1.01 Has fixed my gallery video playback issues thanks!!!!!!!

theraker007

Jul 22, 2012
Using the ex kernal without oc on dagr8 rom. Getting quadrant of 6700 if it matters to anyone.

My antutu score was 1000 less than on the perseus Rom. I really don't notice any differences between the two kernels do far though

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My antutu score was 1000 less than on the perseus Rom. I really don't notice any differences between the two kernels do far though

Mine is 1000 more than persaus. Is any one having issuse with the screen turning off. Mine just stays on and is set to 1 minute. I am running the ex kernal on dagr8 rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note2Core Kernel for Galaxy Note II N7100 / N7105 (LTE)

I am posting this here because it works on our LTE notes, since they all use a Qualcomm modem. I am running I on my AT&T note with no issues. All credit goes to g.lewarne - I am just posting here to so he doesn't have to maintain 2 threads. See his original post here

For the moment, exFAT formatted SD cards are NOT supported.

About this kernel
    This kernel is built from pure Samsung GT-N7100 source, with modifications and tweaks to provide the best user experience in reliability, performance and stability. Built upon my experience firstly with NoteCore and then HydraCore for the original Note, as many of you know, I strive for the best

There are 4 versions of each kernel, for the International LTE model GT-N7105.

This kernel has all debuging removed - logcat, android log, kernel log, schedular log, etc etc all disabled. This is for performance reasons, so if you are a developer this kernel is probably not for you

Kernel Versions
    There are three variants of the kernel for each device

STANDARD (STD) - 1.6ghz FSync() enabled
    OVERCLOCK (OC) - 1.8ghz FSync() enabled
    EXTREME (EX) - 1.8ghz FSync() disabled
    ASYLUM (AS) - 1.920ghz FSync() disabled

The standard version, has no modifications to the processor clocks or voltages and can be considered a direct replacement for the stock kernel, and with FSync() enabled is completely stable

The OC kernel automatically scales up to 1.8ghz, with the proven voltages and stability from the perseus kernel (the same frequency table is used), and with FSync() enabled is completely stable

The EX kernel also scales to 1.8ghz, and has FSync() disabled. It offers by far the best possible performance. In rare circumstances you must be aware that this can lead to data corruption and the need to wipe / reflash a rom back to the phone. 99% of people will have no issues with this, as it has been extensively tested and proven on my previous kernel, but the risk is there. Dont go moaning to me if you lose your data and haven't got a nandroid backup!

The AS kernel is meant for the crazy ones. People who come from an asylum, those from the Note 1 know I am crazy, so this was meant for them. If there is a demand for the 7100 I will build that as well. I am not responsible if you are able to cook bacon on your device after running. It features up to a 1.920ghz over clock, and 640ghz on the GPU, it will go up, however for the moment we will run with 640. The phantom bug is that voltages cannot be set with SetCPU. Neither myself nor gavin know why. The code is spot on. So we don't get it. Lol. The source code is on github.com/glewarne

Kernel Features
    - Built from official GT-N7100 sources
    - 1.6 / 1.8ghz auto scaling
    - Optimised VM memory settings, and global readahead
    - Auto-rooting of any rom when flashed, even stock
    - init.d script support
    - CPU Voltage support through 3rd party apps
    - Modified GPU DVFS utilisation steps for maximum GPU performance, far better than stock (this is NOT overclocking!)
    - No logging / debugging of any kind for higher performance
    - Decreased CPU frequency transition latency
    - CRC32 slicing-by-8 algorithm
    - SLUB allocator
    - PEGASUSQ governor (default, others available)
    - NOOP schedular, (default, others available)
    - +50mb more free ram compared to all other kernels
    - lots of other minor tweaks and changes
    - ODIN TAR and CWM ZIPS available for all versions
    - TouchWiz roms only

Download - Current Version v1.00
    For N7105 (LTE) phones - Links pulled

The latest AsylumCore versions can be found - link pulled

Changelog

Asylum 2.11
    -fixed 640 gpu clock(it works now!)
    -switched to google 4.7 toolchain
    -Note2Core STD, OC remain unchanged. AsylumCore EX and AS versions updated with 640 GPU clocks.

- Rebuilt from new N7100T source, released Dec 3rd
    - All rotation issues in 4.1.2 fixed
    - GPU steps reworked for better speed and responsiveness
    - Built with linaro 12.11 GCC toolchain, with -O3 optimisation level
    - lots of other internal changes

AsylumCore V2.01 - source on github now - github.com/antiochasylum/note2core_asylumcore_note2kernel
    - version with *733* in file name is the 733 GPU @ 1150mV
    - based off new source code 7100T
    - compiled using latest linaro tool chain
    - tweaked gpu scaling
    - ro.secure=0 - I was tired of typing mount -o remount,rw -t /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /system everytime to push a modified APK
    - voltage bug still present :(

AsylumCore 1.339
    - 1.920 CPU over clock
    - 640 GPU clock
    - other optimizations

v1.05
    - Fixed Voltages
    - Other minor changes
    - Source is now on github - github.com/glewarne

v1.02
    - Fixed video recording
    - Added custom boot animation support, to use place desired boot animation in /system/media under *bootanimation.zip*

v1.01
    - Fixed video playback for some users.

v1.00
    - Initial release :)

Source Code
    Click here

Credits and Thanks
    sswagonman for being the bravest of souls, and a good friend
    g.lewarne for his encouragement, help and support and friendship
    phjz for coding help

Some parts of my code changes can be attributed to the following - Entropy512, franciscofranco, hardcore, gokhanmoral, AnderiLux

If I have forgotten anyone, let me know and ill add you to the list!
    I still dont think the voltage control is really working yet but lets wait for Anti to confirm.

The voltage bug is only present in the AS versions...

I was reading some review articles on the internet and they mentioned this kernel. The reviews gave this kernel praise and I wish it could come to the Verizon variant :/

We are talking about this at the moment. I have a sprint kernel to test when I get home from vacation.

Also new source code had been pushed, lots a small fixes. I'm running v3.01 at the moment :)

They will be released to the masses soon.
    The author completely disregards that the US versions have some hardware changes to them and using the 7105 kernel image on this device can be potentially dangerous as the GPIO pins between the US versions and the international version are different and things like battery charging can break. There are several power and charging differences between the two. It's lucky that this is only the AT&T version as on other carriers it would also break sound and volume. Use at your own choice but it's not something to be recommended.

I'd also like to inform some would-be users on some facts about this work.
    I understand that the developers are happy with where it is, but giving an option to change it would make everyone happy. Besides if you werent out to please at all you wouldn't be sharing such an amazing kernel with the public. I think it is more of a general request, or an I'd like to see, than a demand from people. You guys are doing great work keep it up no matter what route you take.

Very compelling argument. This is the kind of stuff we look for for support.

I'll get with gavin about. I cannot guarantee anything, however I will talk about it, only because of this comment.
    Will next version of note2core ex support 64gb sd? Thanks for any reply

It already supports the 64 gig, just not exFAT format. Which is beyond me why people need a 64gig SD card in their PHONE.

Me and gavin both don't use exFAT so its hard for us to test it.

As for those who are wanting "MORE" from your device. I have a treat for you, hopefully by this weekend I will be releasing an "asylum edition" version of the kernel(compiled by myself), which will feature an OC up to 2.0 and GPU @ 733. I believe 733 is a sweet spot, there is no need for 800, it netted me about 1 fps better over 733, where 733 is about 6-7 frames faster than 640. I've been testing it, and there is no real significant battery drain.

However the 2.0 clock on the CPU, I will say 80% of you wont be able to run. My phone runs it, all day long. Guess I got a super chip lol.