[Q] Weather updating

Search This thread

ssfortes

Jul 7, 2009
Barcelona
Hi all,

I use the "weather clock" with 1 hour automatic updating interval using actual location, but the weather does not update never (only if I do manually). Do you know if it is necessary turn on the GPS for this functionality?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Hi all,

I use the "weather clock" with 1 hour automatic updating interval using actual location, but the weather does not update never (only if I do manually). Do you know if it is necessary turn on the GPS for this functionality?

Do not believe so, but I am not sure because I count steps do not use the weather clock.
I know on the Gear it was not great, it be say 7 degrees in morning and about 23 at lunch but I be lucky to see 23.
I glace at the watch it is great day warm, I am not wearing a jacket and it says 7.

Use my phone for weather.

ssfortes

Jul 7, 2009
Barcelona
I understand that weather data comes from the mobile, not an internal sensor, I use same provider (accuweather) in Fit and mobile. Well, today it seems to work properly, GPS is turn off... ;)

Last edited:

TheFletch

Dec 20, 2006
Souther California
thefletch.net
I too have had the temperature "stick". After going to Gear Fit manager and changing the clock to something else drained and then back it is working again. Not sure why it sticks. I'd welcome any tips people come up with.

From my Galaxy Note 2

ssfortes

Jul 7, 2009
Barcelona
I have been doing some test and I think I understand now how works the weather function: you must define a location through de Gear Fit Manager option (with GPS activated) and it will keep the current location till you change to another one through the Gear Fit Manager app, the location doesn't change automatically.

dawheat

Sep 25, 2012
I was using the weather watch face with the old Gear Fit Manager, but with the update yesterday, the Weather watch face no longer works for me:

- First, the time uses a smaller font which I don't link
- The weather area remains a box with text to 'Tap here to use location info on mobile device'. Clicking on it brings up the weather widget settings on the phone where nothing seems to make a difference. I can't get the actual weather to appear on the watch.

mb523

Feb 9, 2013
New York
I was using the weather watch face with the old Gear Fit Manager, but with the update yesterday, the Weather watch face no longer works for me:

- First, the time uses a smaller font which I don't link
- The weather area remains a box with text to 'Tap here to use location info on mobile device'. Clicking on it brings up the weather widget settings on the phone where nothing seems to make a difference. I can't get the actual weather to appear on the watch.

I have the same exact problem.

ssfortes

Jul 7, 2009
Barcelona
I found that when I activate the GPS location weather is updated to the new location

Boundlessua

Apr 23, 2014

I have the same problem on HTC M8. Tryed to install different weather apps - nothing helps. All geolocation services turned on.