STUPID Sense 3.6 you suck!!!!!!

Search This thread
G

glacierguy

Thanks GG. Have you by any chance tried electronicrice's AOSP ICS Theme?

I have heard it has the icy blueness. People seem to like it. :)

I have not yet... I've been to lazy to dl on my laptop that has a cracked screen and am serving time on a data throttle right now :-/

I couldn't even get screen shots to load cuz of the slow data speeds... I WILL BE TRYING it though :D

All these girls excited Oooo ya know they like it I'm so icy, so icy Girl don't try to fight it All yo friends invited I'm so icy, so icy

pavoid

Mar 7, 2012
Houston
I have not yet... I've been to lazy to dl on my laptop that has a cracked screen and am serving time on a data throttle right now :-/

I couldn't even get screen shots to load cuz of the slow data speeds... I WILL BE TRYING it though :D

All these girls excited Oooo ya know they like it I'm so icy, so icy Girl don't try to fight it All yo friends invited I'm so icy, so icy

Whenever I get rooted that will be the first thing I want to try.

( unless a solid ASOP or CM9 ROM is out )

Reactions: mznatnat

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL

You should hit up your local library.... specially a huge library......
Downtown Chicago has an amazing Library called Harold Washington Library..... their wifi speeds are goooooooooooooooooood and fast!

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
To the OP and anyone else who wants to try to make it more aosp, post #7 and #12 of this thread have the native ICS apks that you can try to install to replace the sense versions.
Personally, I'm gonna give it a go this weekend to see which works and what doesn't, but I have a feeling most of the concerns in this thread can be addressed.

Seriously.... good looking out!!!!

I have been looking for original individual replacement apks!

F9zSlavik

Jan 5, 2012
San Diego

CalicoJeb

Aug 26, 2011
if there was a de-thank button i would totally do it right now cause samsung sucks!! :p lol JK

Yup deduct 10% of total thanks for saying that :)
BTW - Very witty posts mznatnat, have enjoyed reading, Plus I agree with you, I too am patiently waiting for AOSP
My phone never looks like Sense, I always change the theme same day after loading a new ROM

Last edited:

darth_09

Apr 22, 2012
hey ppl.got a question.is it possible to pinch out on the stock browser(ics sense 3.6) to automatically switch to tabs view similar to sense 3.0? it's really annoying having to click settings then windows to switch between tabs.thanks.

rachelm920

Apr 12, 2011
Hartford, CT
Reactions: mznatnat

coupetastic-droid

Dec 25, 2010
cali
"Relax" Lmao funny. But yeah I felt the same way, 3.6 sucks bad it really does take away from ics. I wonder if 4.0 sucks too. Anyone had a chance to use and compare it to 3.6?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

3.6 and 4.0 are almost exactly the same. 4.0 has better animations and clock and a few better features. But they are still both sexy.
Its about preference. My friend has the galaxy nexus. Ics on that is boring. Looks so watered down. Just lines and letters.

Last edited:

Xcor3

Aug 14, 2010
For me, having sense doesn't hurt me. heck, there's a lot of options for home launcher, lockscreen, etc. go to thr market and download them. You cant beat the camera app on this thing.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Seriously.... good looking out!!!!

I have been looking for original individual replacement apks!
I wanted to let you know your thread inspired me to actually PUBLICLY share some of the crap I do.. what I just posted has everything working(as you ordered it, lol)- except I couldn't get the phone and contacts working(so those are still HTC).. they just seem too tied into the system.
Anyways, so here is a link to the ROM thread if you want to try it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25467890

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
I wanted all the ics blueness. Sense 3.6 has been neutered of the blueness.

For shame HTC. For shame.

I figure once a senseless rom is made I will learn how to root my Amaze and do that.

In the meantime aesthetics aside I like this ics leak alright. It seems better than the previous.

NRG ICS ROM has the blue theme.

atrako1973

Feb 17, 2010
dublin
Why would anyone go for an HTC phone if they hate sense is beyond me,plus there are so many tools out there to get rid of sense complitely ,there are so many launchers out there too to replace sense, sky is not the limit guys. This is android

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
Yup deduct 10% of total thanks for saying that :)
BTW - Very witty posts mznatnat, have enjoyed reading, Plus I agree with you, I too am patiently waiting for AOSP
My phone never looks like Sense, I always change the theme same day after loading a new ROM

I understand trust me.... I am using Apex Launcher (recommended by GlacierGuy) and the fact that my dialer and everything else is still stock as hell.... it drives me crazy.......

I WAS PROMISED BY GOOGLE A KICK A$$ ROM... COOL DIALER AND ALL.....

I WONT LET HTC TAKE THAT AWAY!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wtf, who the hell r u? Uve been a member for barely a month, how would u know what I do in this forum.. Lol, w.e like im going to listen to someone whos barely been around for a month and has only 2 thanks, but is already trying to talk **** to someone he knows nothing about. Haha ok buddy.

And I never said people shouldnt post their oppinion about things, of course they should. I was just stating that its quite annoying how often I see people popping up in places and saying sense sucks. Its fine if u feel that way but y would ne one else care. Its just annoying, didnt realize I would start a war by saying it.

O and where are theses o-so-many threads that i have tried to play, pretend mod, as u reffered to it.

Sent from my NRGized amaze
    Via XDA premium

I asked you two to stop. Take it to PM please....

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

You don't have to be a farmer to know what sh*t smells like.
    Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Lets try to be respectful of that. No baiting, flaming, or bickering please. :)

Went from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

You don't have to be a farmer to know what sh*t smells like.
    I hope your joking now like really.
    Android 4.0 is AOSP
    Android 4.0 Sense 3.6 is Sense.
    Of course there not 100% the same..
    Download apex launcher from the market and relax...

That is a great recommendation. I tried it this morning and love it.

Thanks gg.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    AOSP

Not a sense fan, give me strait AOSP or if I have to CM9.

Thanks for the effort!