Xperia Z2 Tablet Cases

Search This thread

Gnopps

Aug 4, 2010
It would be nice if you post a few photos and your opinion once you've received it.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

marcolorenzo

May 17, 2012
So my Krusell Malmö Tablet Case just arrived. I have had several cases for various tablets and phones in the past and this is probably one of the better ones I've had. I always have a case for my phone/tablet because I want to keep my devices in the best condition possible but unfortunately, it also covers up their original appearance. Good thing about this case is that when open, it still exposes the majority of the tablet allowing you to show off how thin the tablet is to your friends without having to take the tablet out :p

The buttons are all exposed as are the ports except for the MicroSD card port (and I guess also the SIM port for the 4G owners), but then again, I doubt you'd need to remove it that often.

The tablet wedges itself tightly into the two corner brackets on the upper and bottom right side of the case (when portrait). The fit is very tight so you won't need to worry about the tablet falling out.

It also allows two different standing modes. You can either fold the cover backwards similar to the iPad cover:

or you can lay the cover flat on the table:

I prefer the second option because it feels a bit more stable and there are many more angle possibilities. You won't need to worry about the tablet sliding because the inside of the cover will provide enough resistance. Speaking of which, the inside of this cover feels really nice and velvety and will help keep your screen in great condition.

It also wakes/locks the tablet when you open and close it. Overall, I am very satisfied with this case. It's pretty much as thin as they come but still very sturdy and solid at the same time. Highly recommended! By the way, the pictures make it look a little grey but I can assure you that the case is as black as the tablet :)

https://www.krusellcases.com/uk/p_krusell_product.aspx?i=259284

Last edited:

PsyMonkey

Oct 30, 2009
London
This one is actually about 9 pounds cheaper :p But yeah, it would be nice to have a comparison. I think they both perform all the same functions (stand angles, magnetic cover) so it would be a close match.

Looking at the pictures, so only my assumption which can be wrong, it looks like the Krusell case folds a little bit over the front of the screen where the Sony Office does not seem to do that as much.

marcolorenzo

May 17, 2012
Looking at the pictures, so only my assumption which can be wrong, it looks like the Krusell case folds a little bit over the front of the screen where the Sony Office does not seem to do that as much.

Do you mean the brackets holding the tablet in place covers up more of the bezel than the Sony Cover? You're probably right about that. The Sony one looks like it's clicked into the four corners whereas the Krusell one is wedged into two corner brackets. It's really minimal though and doesn't cover the screen up at all and I hardly notice it.

EDIT: A friend of mine just bought the official case and it seems that the Krusell one is a tiny bit thinner. The reason for this I think is because the official Sony one basically has an extra inner layer underneath the tablet (which allows it to have 4 corner attachment points compared to Krusell's two). Not sure if I'm making any sense :p But if you look at my pictures, you'll see that when standing, the bottom of the tablet is resting against nothing whereas the official Sony one is resting against another layer. Wish I took some pictures...we were too busy Shadowgun :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It would be nice if you post a few photos and your opinion once you've received it.

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk

Yep, will do!
    So my Krusell Malmö Tablet Case just arrived. I have had several cases for various tablets and phones in the past and this is probably one of the better ones I've had. I always have a case for my phone/tablet because I want to keep my devices in the best condition possible but unfortunately, it also covers up their original appearance. Good thing about this case is that when open, it still exposes the majority of the tablet allowing you to show off how thin the tablet is to your friends without having to take the tablet out :p

The buttons are all exposed as are the ports except for the MicroSD card port (and I guess also the SIM port for the 4G owners), but then again, I doubt you'd need to remove it that often.

The tablet wedges itself tightly into the two corner brackets on the upper and bottom right side of the case (when portrait). The fit is very tight so you won't need to worry about the tablet falling out.

It also allows two different standing modes. You can either fold the cover backwards similar to the iPad cover:

or you can lay the cover flat on the table:

I prefer the second option because it feels a bit more stable and there are many more angle possibilities. You won't need to worry about the tablet sliding because the inside of the cover will provide enough resistance. Speaking of which, the inside of this cover feels really nice and velvety and will help keep your screen in great condition.

It also wakes/locks the tablet when you open and close it. Overall, I am very satisfied with this case. It's pretty much as thin as they come but still very sturdy and solid at the same time. Highly recommended! By the way, the pictures make it look a little grey but I can assure you that the case is as black as the tablet :)

https://www.krusellcases.com/uk/p_krusell_product.aspx?i=259284