Trouble!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

davievtec

Apr 12, 2014
allright folks i bought a samsung galaxy s3 one month ago and now its saying emergancy calls only this is my second phone as i lost my other to a car accident in december however i paid for this phone from a private seller it worked for a month or so and now emergency calls only has started coming up so i have searched the internet for the past 2 days and have seen that its possible to a: change the logic board at a cost of £130, or b: root the phone and change imei number to unblock it so what i have done is chose to try the unblock method instead of spending £130 on it incase it doesnt work and im left out of pocket anyway, but one thing stands in my way... when i go to root my device it doesnt root it either just fails or it says get PIT file for mapping im clueless as to what this is i downloaded everything i would have needed according to the tutorial i was using and then i done a little digging via google and search bars ect and as it turns out samsung have introduced the "knox" security feature so i presume this would be the reason why it wont root as i am using 4.3 jellybean but i cant seem to bypass it and others have done this can someone shed some light on this for me as i am allready out of pocket £200 for a phone thats as much use as a paper weight here is a list of what the tutorial said to use,

odin 3.09
specific gt-i9300 file pack

i followed the instructions word for word and it still wont work can anyone forward me onto a root method that is relatively simple and will work please

thanks davievtec

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Xda won't help you with illegal activities, discussing changing the imei number is against the rules.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
We do not allow discussions related to changing imei as it is considered illegal in most parts of the world.

Thread Closed.

A.cid
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.