Adjust Touchscreen Sensitivity

Search This thread

rosebud

Jun 18, 2005
Nottingham
I've tried from setting 4 to 1100 and haven't noticed any difference, every time doing a nice softreset, the setting also stayed in the registry. Tell me your secret ;)

Is there new info about making the touch-screen more sensitive?

If you are setting to 1100, this is not a hexadecimal number :)

My conversions are rusty but wouldn't 1100 = 44c ??

cheers steve

Last edited:

emugpp

Nov 9, 2006
I've tried hexadecimal, it changes the number back to decimal..also if you use binary..

doesn't change the sensitivity..

cmortensen

Jan 5, 2007
Set mine to 5 (hex) also, screen is definatly more sensitive now and everything seems to be working great.

unicorn78

Oct 8, 2006
I always thought that this was a big problem in porting the TouchFLO things to the Hermes, because the hermes doesnt have a pressure-sensitive Touch Screen?

but hell, prove me wrong :)

I guess that PDAs using resistive touch screen, but with other technologies this principle could be true too. The sensibility could be based on the number of contacted points when you use a finger to press on the screen.
So, low pressure --> less contacted points,
high pressure --> more contacted points.

emugpp

Nov 9, 2006
Set mine to 5 (hex) also, screen is definatly more sensitive now and everything seems to be working great.
for the the past days I also thought the screen was a little more sensitive, but for typing with my fingers not sensitive enough..i always have to _press_ more than to _touch_ (current setting 1100 decimal..)

Also, I forgot to mention, I have a screen-protector on it..

sk8crazy93

Oct 2, 2009
Phail xD

Haha, I found this registry and tweaked it abit noticing changes. Then i checked out this forum and tried 5(hex) and i guess it was maybe abit better but i tried a soft reset and now the screen doesnt do anything at all. I have a wm6.5 ROM and i need to slide to unlock so yeh... fail haha oh well ill work it out