VipPimRingTone(8.9.0.0) An Application to assign ringtone based on Category

Search This thread

mac_es

May 20, 2008
Hello,

I have a problem whith multiple categories if doing it via automatic way.

I'm in WM 6.5 build 28011, using 8.1.1.0 and HTC Sense 2.5.

It is working well, I have an xml whith the configuration.

If I do:

1) Open the program, select category tab, choose the category (it selects the correct ringtone), choose replace ringtone and assign -> OK

But If I do:

2) Open the program, select backup tab, choose replace ringtone, choose settings -> It replaces all the ringtones corretly except the ones which have the main category and 'HTC Favorite' category.

For these contacts nothing is done. In the xml, the 'HTC Category' doesn't appear at all.

Thanks

Last edited:

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
Temp Solution

Hello,

I have a problem whith multiple categories if doing it via automatic way.

I'm in WM 6.5 build 28011, using 8.1.1.0 and HTC Sense 2.5.

It is working well, I have an xml whith the configuration.

If I do:

1) Open the program, select category tab, choose the category (it selects the correct ringtone), choose replace ringtone and assign -> OK

But If I do:

2) Open the program, select backup tab, choose replace ringtone, choose settings -> It replaces all the ringtones corretly except the ones which have the main category and 'HTC Favorite' category.

For these contacts nothing is done. In the xml, the 'HTC Category' doesn't appear at all.

Thanks
Can you please try
2) Open the program, select backup tab, choose "Ask What to DO", choose settings.
The way auto import setting is working it read all contact and then all category and if value of category found in XML then assigned that ringtone to that particular contact. i.e. if you have contact1 with category of cat1 and cat2 and in xml cat1 is assigned to ringtone1 and cat2 is assigned to ringtone2 then after import setting contact1 with have ringtone1.
or in other words in case of multiple category it will take first category assigned to that contact. if ringtone is defined and ringtone file exists.

Last edited:

mac_es

May 20, 2008
Thanks for answering, I will try it making it clearer.

I have 2 contacts whith two categories:

Contact A - Category X and 'HTC Favorite'
Contact B - Category Y and 'HTC Favorite'

In the xml

Category X -> ringtone r
Category Y -> ringtone s

After the automatic import, Contact A and B have no personal ringtone assigned.

If I do a category ringtone assignament, Contact A has ringtone r and Contact B has ringtone s. So everything works perfectly!

I tried your suggestion:

First, I have removed the ringtone for Contact A and assigned other one. In the automatic way no question.

kompozitor

Jan 2, 2008
hi
this is really a pity that you cannot select a folder on the storage card to store the ringtones :-(

nald

Jan 25, 2010
since today I have 2 numbers one 1 sim.

But the problem is: When someone calls me the number will always start with 063211****

And the **** could be a number from 0001-9999.

But now is my question how could I adjust that when I recieve a call from any 063211 number with another ringtone.

So in short

My telphone has 2 numbers one private, one bussiness.

When someone call to the bussiness his number will be rebuild by the operator to a 063211**** number.

So I want a different ringtone for every 063211 number.

sorry for my bad english and thank you in anticipation

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
Sorry this application only support one contact book

since today I have 2 numbers one 1 sim.

But the problem is: When someone calls me the number will always start with 063211****

And the **** could be a number from 0001-9999.

But now is my question how could I adjust that when I recieve a call from any 063211 number with another ringtone.

So in short

My telphone has 2 numbers one private, one bussiness.

When someone call to the bussiness his number will be rebuild by the operator to a 063211**** number.

So I want a different ringtone for every 063211 number.

sorry for my bad english and thank you in anticipation
This application only support Microsoft PIM outlook contacts only and works on different Category not on Different Phone number.

YOu can assigned new Category in your contact book and have different ringtone for it.

mycasper

May 7, 2010
Thanks a lot! I have been looking for an app that can assign ring tone to a catagory for a long time. I'm realy tired to assign ring tone to each contact one by. This little software save lots of time. Plus, it's small and does not stay in ram. Great app!

testcase123

Dec 14, 2008
Nice Application and litte problem

Thanks for this niche Applikation.

I have the Problem i can't found Rings under "\Speicherkarte\My Documents\Ruftöne" it is the second default Location from HTC in German.

Can I implement this Location, so that i musn't save the Rings again on a other Location?

Thanx

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
At present App does not support languege

I have the Problem i can't found Rings under "\Speicherkarte\My Documents\Ruftöne" it is the second default Location from HTC in German.

Can I implement this Location, so that i musn't save the Rings again on a other Location?

Thanx

I will try to fix it in next version

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
try using new verion 8.9 where you can browser for file in any folder.

Thanx
try using new verion 8.9 where you can browser for file in any folder. I will add somthing with languege in later version.

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
New Version 8.9.0.0

New version posted.
Hope e'one like it.
Download changes etc in post #1

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
Sad it does not work for smartphone, despite the core should, afaik. The GUI parts of the .Net make the application crash as the smartphone cannot handle touch input I suspect.
Are you planning to support the non-touchscreen WM devices?

v3patel

Mar 1, 2007
no Smart phone

I do not have any smart to test. But I wll try to put Smart phone version when I get time. (I do not see it in near month or so). Plus I believe my old smart phone ( 5 years ago mpx220) had capability to play ringtone based on category. But my wm phones did not had that capability so I created this program.